PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Crew (Clan) and Captain (Player) Lore

The_Krakken_88
06-26-2018, 01:26 AM
Hey All!

I thought it would be great to have a place to add player created lore about their background in the game! I believe simply allowing us to upload a pirate flag and bio will add significant immersion and context that will draw players deeper into the game.

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN BELOW!

Here is my example!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgk8JyyV4AArPiH.jpg

Crew Name: KrakTech Incorporated

Slogan: P2P & B2B - Piracy to Profits, Battle to Booty.

Pirates who specialize is the selling, trading and of course stealing, of technology. Anywhere there is technology to be had, Kraktech won’t be far. Their leader only Known as ‘The Krakken’, leads their armada from the flagship ‘Virgus’. Little is known about The Kraken accept that he is a master of technology and is oddly, honorable. It is said the Kraktech has members everywhere, from small-time black market dealers on the fringes of System 3 to undercover agents in the boardrooms of mega corporations.

KIERROK
06-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Unless I see it ingame, I won't post it right now. But I wanted to post a certain symbol that is Hindu/Buddhist in origin, and was seen as a peace and good luck sign. And BG&E2 has Hindu/Buddhist themes. Unfortunately, due to a certain group of A-holes during the 30s and 40s, the symbol is only seen as a hate sign. So, I'll play it safe because I don't want banned when it wasn't my intention, nor anger anyone. So I'll go with the Buddhist red lotus

http://www.somi.cat/sitepics/b/21/218520/what-does-a-red-lotus-flower-represent.jpg

Pirate crew's name would be 'The Red Lotus Pirates', sometimes written RlP with a lowercase 'L' as a play on R.I.P.. The Red Lotus Pirates use the red lotus as their emblem, because in Buddhism the red lotus is associated with the Buddhist figurehead, Avalokiteśvara. This being rescues those who are in distress, in BGE2's case, hybrid slaves. Red is seen as a color for compassion and passion or anger or happiness or love or hate. Everything the RLP values. The lotus is a flower that grows in the mud or murky waters, and is used in metaphors such as "Too grow in beauty and wisdom, you must go through life's obstacles." Again, in BGE2's case, hybrids are seen as scum or dirt, and the hybrids need to work through these obstacles to prove their place. The leader is named Kierro, who was named after a god.

Kierro (an online alias I go by) is a god character I created in a fantasy novel I was writing. He looks like an anthromorphic wolf/canine, and is a protector. I want to make it like this is really a what if future, hundreds of years from now, and that my character seen and read my novel, thinking it's some kind of bible and that he is Kierro reborn. And like Kierro, he too is also a protector.