PDA

View Full Version : An Update on Special Operation 2

UbiInsulin
06-26-2018, 01:09 AM
Hello Ghosts,

Many of you asked for more information about what’s coming next in Ghost Recon Wildlands, therefore we wanted to give you a small update regarding the upcoming Special Operation 2, which will include both PvE and PvP content.

We are planning to deliver Special Operation 2 during the month of July!

You can expect more information in the coming weeks as we’re able to share more information with you 

In the meanwhile, we thank you for your amazing support and for all of the passion you share with us every day.

The Ghost Recon Wildlands Community Team

lukato23
06-26-2018, 03:52 AM
I think this is taking way too long and its hurting the game not sure if the game going to recover from this, i love this game and theres a lot you guys can still bring to this game hopefully this gets better really love this game

leered76
06-26-2018, 08:54 AM
Im sorry ubisoft but your contempt for your customers has made me go elswhere, i am not going to wait forever in the face of all your customers asking for any information and your arrogance (sorry ignorance) is staggering! As a developer you are so out of touch.

ingrobny
06-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Hello Ghosts,

Many of you asked for more information about what’s coming next in Ghost Recon Wildlands, therefore we wanted to give you a small update regarding the upcoming Special Operation 2, which will include both PvE and PvP content.

We are planning to deliver Special Operation 2 during the month of July!

You can expect more information in the coming weeks as we’re able to share more information with you 

In the meanwhile, we thank you for your amazing support and for all of the passion you share with us every day.

The Ghost Recon Wildlands Community Team

Cool! I'm looking forward to a new special mission :D.

RingmanSWE
06-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Im sorry ubisoft but your contempt for your customers has made me go elswhere, i am not going to wait forever in the face of all your customers asking for any information and your arrogance (sorry ignorance) is staggering! As a developer you are so out of touch.

I would not go as far as this but, I think your lack of communication is a big killer for the game.

Just being quiet telling nothing until like the day before patch day is not acceptable.

Most other game-developers are very open with that they are planning and what they are gong to do with the game. and they do talk abut new ideas and whats comming several weeks even months in advance.

I't can't be that hard for you to do the same, but of couse with the remark that content is subject to change untill the final version is tested and ready to go live.

sanjithnaathsn
06-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Hi,
I have some suggestions for upcoming contents/updates. I believe UBI soft will consider about bellow suggestions for PvE :o.

1) Lake patrol by Unidad and Santa blanka cartel (Patrol with armed boats).
2) Side missions like capturing cocaine convoys and destroying them (only at production province or smuggling provinces).
3) Capturing/destroying smuggling train (smuggler’s train).
4) Let Unidad and Santa blanka attack us on APC (Heavily armed tank).

OctoberSix2015
06-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Why do you make the playerbase wait so long for any news that even the most die hard fans lose interest and dwindle off?

spyonicnoll
06-27-2018, 01:04 AM
I love Wildlands but I gotta say...special operations 2 can't come fast enough. Hopefully SO2 will have enough content to last at least 2 months before the next update in 3 months. I enjoyed SO1 but it just didn't keep me ingame long enough. Keep up the good work Ubisoft. I for one have faith in you and can't wait to see what's next...

BanditDagger
06-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Are you going to patch some of the glitches before the update in July? The new night vision goggles glitch where it shows you not leaving a vehicle while playing co-op is getting really annoying. I'd like to use some of the new gear but cannot because my teammates don't see me.

CBT_MaTTY
06-27-2018, 07:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7HBDer0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IG4NQsC.png
dont forgot to add

impuis_lupus
06-27-2018, 09:30 PM
What we really need is a way to view progression in ranked play maybe a different color scheme appears on top of the xp bar that's there for leveling up

Syrisdavirus242
06-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Don't mind the wait but you need to do balancing patches and bug fixes at a quicker rate. Hopefully SO2 will make the season two pass worth it because early access to a couple thing isn't cutting it.

Alpha-ARC
06-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Hi,

I know some of the things in this suggestion list may be stretching your capabilities pretty fa due to the fact that we're already 2 years into the game, but they would be greatly appreciated if possible. Even if they were included in the year 2 pass and not just free content. These suggestions include:

- Some sort of dedicated grenade launcher such as the M23 Grenade Launcher would be extremely handy, even if it did have a small ammo supply.
- Bipods that are usable on both LMGs and Snipers to help control recoil in a high tensions mission.
- Different effects based on the environment depending on what you and your squad are wearing (ie; woodland camo would help you better in a forest rather than sand coloured camo.)
- A way to earn credits in game, even if it was just 10-15 credits per mission it would allow the community to work towards something and strive to achieve a goal to unlock everything within the store eventually.
- NVG or Thermal Scope on snipers that is toggleable, such as the EXPS-G33 Flip down scope.
- New weapons such as the customizable LVOA-C and iconic weapons such as the M200 Intervention and the AAC Honey Badger.
- More predictable search patterns for both Unidad and Santa Blanca which would allow you to plan missions better (I cannot say how many times I was trying to complete a stealth mission when an unexpected Unidad or Santa Blanca vehicle comes along and starts peppering me with the mounted mini-gun.)
- Lengthier PVE missions in Special Operations 2, 3, and 4. As in the operation watchman special op, it took me around 40 minutes to an hour to complete the mission then there was no new content to eplore beyond that point.
- Maybe another DLC with one of the gangs we saw at the end of the game in the final Sueño cutscene.
- A more randomized bullet spread for AI in the ghost mode difficulty, as I more often than not, find myself in a firefight with an AI opponent that cannot miss me so I end up needing to take cove every bullet I shoot against one enemy rather than every 5-6 bullets.
- Maybe a Flashlight attachment to the guns as that would make it a more complete build for a gun.
- Possible even the ability to mount small lasers and backup sights on the top rail, so you would be able to mount both a flashlight and laser.
- A wider variety of vehicles for the players to choose from when in the rebel vehicle support menu, such as the buggy which was initially in the menu then later removed.
- The ability to equip certain equipment for water missions such as fins to swim faster and a mask to allow you to breathe longer under water.
- More water and Ship-based missions in the campaign to help diversify the ways to tackle a mission.

I know some of the suggestions are better suited for a completely new game and would be hard to implement in the current game, however, if any of these suggestions could come true it would be an insane booster to the game.

Thanks.

mongesar
06-28-2018, 12:12 AM

I would not go as far as this but, I think your lack of communication is a big killer for the game.
Just being quiet telling nothing until like the day before patch day is not acceptable.

Most other game-developers are very open with that they are planning and what they are gong to do with the game. and they do talk abut new ideas and whats comming several weeks even months in advance.

I't can't be that hard for you to do the same, but of couse with the remark that content is subject to change untill the final version is tested and ready to go live.

Why do you make the playerbase wait so long for any news that even the most die hard fans lose interest and dwindle off?

I've visited other UBISOFT game forums and find this to be the most common complaint against Ubisoft. The lack of communication and addressing fan-base questions or info requests has been a policy thats tarnished this developer. I've experienced the same canned responses by the "community managers" when I was playing The Division and now see the same type of behavior with this game. Instead of giving us some tidbits of hope, they offer responses that are on the verge of condescension.

If you want more of this type of behavior and perpetuate these types of policies ....keep BUYING their games!

BickShack
06-28-2018, 08:15 AM
It would be great if they added a system to record clips and edit the angle of the camera. many games are doing this and you could make great videos and captures

timpbader
06-28-2018, 11:51 AM
I can't wait to see what it is! ALTHOUGH MAYBE YOU SHOULD FINALLY FIX THE KNIFE AUDIO BUG FROM THE 1ST ONE BEFORE YOU RELEASE A SECOND ONE!

yuccafarmer9
07-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Its a shame what Ubisoft has done to this game, I give them credit for developing a good game but they sure know how to destroy it. They manage to do this time over again for every game. They're reluctant to finance more development into their game, which then lose interest from their gamers and potential gamers. Just take a look at the GRW Network website, they haven't posted anything since 02/18 for PvP and 12/17 For The Predator dlc...look, they gave up on micro transactions, there's no new content to purchase credit points or battle crates. Just look at the map in PvE after you finished the campaign, its literally a wasteland, they should change the name to Ghost Recon Wasteland. The game is dead at the Ubisoft studios, its starring at us in the face, the game is dead.

spyonicnoll
07-08-2018, 02:29 AM
I can understand why you think that as we have all been patiently (or in some cases inpatiently) waiting for some chunky content to get out Ghosts back into the Bolivian wildlands. I don't think the game is dead. It has slowed down that's for sure but not dead. I myself and many other players and youtubers constantly find small reasons to keep playing eagily awaiting new content. I constantly change my team's outfits every time I play hoping to find the perfect outfit. I have just started creating new stories centered around enemy hideouts creating my own missions and objectives. I guess what I'm trying to say is the game is not dead for everyone.

Goona__14
07-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Hopefully theres a lot more PvE content coming like vests, helmets, clothes etc. I would also like to see either more GR future soldier outfits or seperate pieces of gear so we can customise our ghosts to look similar.

NASTY_KANASTA
07-10-2018, 01:34 PM
I read one of your past comments that you guys actually do read our requests for this game. Ghost has explosive potencial to be so much more so I would love to make a suggestion another player suggested. It would be nice to have custom matches where players can choose an area on your open world to do matches, or vote one of four areas of a large scale map such as mountan area where where El sueno got captured or even some other mountain area where there are tunnels. you guys made so many locations to choose from is why i feel there can be so much potential for htis game to keep going just like Call of duty, in fact i even stopped playing that game because playing ghost you need to have actual skill to make a hit. Speaking of, it would also be nice to make it more realistic similiar to Call of duty's Hard core more instead of like the division where yop need several bullets to get a kill. you've probably read an overload of suggestions but it's because of how exciting and challenging this game is. I hope your upcoming update won't be as dissapointing as the year 2 update, sorry to say but it was a bummer. :nonchalance: no pun intended.

Anthonyubi2010
07-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Quick scoping with snipers is getting old. It happened to me twice yesterday when a trapper spun 180 and shot from 10 yards while I was putting round into him, I would suggest an animation the makes the turn deliberate like the Division or turn off aim assist in pvp. I enjoy the game but I feel like the Division is starting to rub off on the game with it sponge factor. A full clip from any weapon won't kill someone (yes, in the chest). Content is too far and few between. I feel like you are removing the realistic tactical portion to the game. I have a suggestion for ranked: Remove the sounds markers from gun shots, and the movement markers from everyone except the scout. Don't allow anyone to be marked; only a different color ping (like rainbow 6). Get back to the "Tactical" part.

Bobola
07-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Hello Ubisoft,

Thanks for Special Operations that was and will be released this year. It's cool that new content will be added to this game. But please don't stop there. We really need you to put some work into bug fixing. There are bugs present in this game since forever and amazingly you manage to create new ones increasing the overall number of them. I'm going to focus on some of the PvE bugs on PC platform:

- Sam Fisher goggles/NV goggles attached to the helmet (if you activate them in the vehicle, your coop friends will see you inside of this vehicle even if you will exit it;
- Game randomly resets your key binding (another recent bug) and display every single piece of your equipment as new;
- Player characters who are in the vehicles are shown as running after the vehicle;
- Drones and binoculars sometimes stop working;
- Helicopters sometimes launch into air like space shuttles;
- When your coop peer lands a helicopter and exit it you can still hear the rotors working until you come very close to that helicopter;
- Super annoying messages from Matchwood and mission failed screens even if you're not doing this mission (Sam Fisher is probably my favourite character in all games but you managed to make even me pissed off at the guy (sorry Sam, I know it's not your fault).
- The weapon statistic bars are just messed up (for example LVOC Bad News rifle according to statistic bars should have lower effective range then TAR-21 but it shoots further and the bullet drop is smaller then with TAR-21);
- Why every reload is done like there is no rounds in the magazine? You shoot one time, you still has the rest of the bullets in the magazine and your "super special forces" character reload gun and then manually put another bullet in the chamber by pulling the charging handle - which in reality would make a bullet that is already inside of the chamber exit through case window. It's just dumb especially since you had it right in for example GRAW and GRAW 2 and even now in Far Cry 5, which is less realistic oriented brand (if that's done this way in Wildlands just because it looks cool then please fire the person who decided it should be like that since he/she obviously doesn't have any clue what Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon brand is about, also fire everyone who thought that Narco Road DLC was a good idea... just kidding :) (not really).
- Mk 17 weapon: 20 round mag is looking like 30 round and vice versa;
- How is this possible that 7.62 mm LMG like Mk 48 does less damage then 5.56 mm assault rifle?;
- 50 cal. bullets shouldn't make vehicles explode like they were hit by high explosive rocket (I'm looking at you HTI);

I also noticed couple of times that you change things in the game without informing anyone about them (the last change I noticed was increased size of 10 round magazine for MSR rifle). Why wouldn't you let us know what you change in game?
Anyway, despite all of the above I love GR Wildlands and I think this game is underated by gaming community. Keep up the good work.

phoenixste666
07-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Don't ever hesitate Ubisoft to give us some news about Special Operation 2.... It's been a loooong time since we heard news about it... we only know the release (July, I suppose the 17th...) but like the coffee : WHAT ELSE??? Keep the good work (GRW is one of my favorite) but it's time to break the silence !! Thanks

B1gFr0zt_Gam1ng
07-13-2018, 07:54 PM
I really hope special operations 2 actually adds some content. Cause the whole 1.5 missions on SO1 gave me maybe an hour worth of play time.

I find it a little out of hand that getting any details about something we paid for is harder than getting a competant story line in a campaign driven game.

I think this may actually have less story content than a Lacktivision game.

It seems to be the industry trend to recycle and reskin content and chop pieces of the game off to sell as dlc. Not gonna get started on this here.

N3ngrana
07-14-2018, 03:09 AM
Any word on if new store items will be added? I got the season pass which came with crates but I have everything already so I didnt really get any additional crates. Was hoping for more than 2 new weapons and a couple skins. Please update and thanks for fixing the suppressors on the PP19 etc.

masterotheforce
07-14-2018, 06:34 PM
Actually they make incendiary and high explosive .50 cal so it's not a stretch to say one round could kill a car.

TyronRD
07-16-2018, 08:01 AM
When do the year 2 pass owners get their "early access" it's supposed to be a week before everyone else . Because there's only like 19 hours left of the predator challenge .. Soooo...

USASgtNickFury
07-16-2018, 10:18 AM
When do the year 2 pass owners get their "early access" it's supposed to be a week before everyone else . Because there's only like 19 hours left of the predator challenge .. Soooo...
That was last year in October when Year 2 pass first came out for sale.

Extend your Ghost Recon® experience with the Year 2 Pass! Unlock the six Year 2 Ghost War Classes with one-week early access, and get additional content to enhance your experience.

Josergll414
07-17-2018, 02:50 AM
please add the classic weapons from the ghost recon series for example XM29 OICW, m4 socom and some new like dp12 shotgun

refraction_it
07-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Guys,

I really hope that this new update will have a new mode for the PVP.
In my opinion, this update for the PVE is almost useless.

I have hopes for the PVP...

Also, in one of your updates/patch you could introduce a way to block the CronusMax !!!

alexlewins
07-30-2018, 02:33 PM
nice job ubisoft team after last update(30.07.18) game fail to launch.