PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi ranged guard break getting parried every single time.....

Brando736
06-25-2018, 04:42 PM
as the title says.... I am starting to get really ****ing pissed off...... even after a successful kick the ranged GB follow up is getting counter GB every single time. sneaking in a ranged GB is one of the only ways, or at least it was, to get off a successful sickle rain combo.... so I just read they made some change that has made it near impossible for Shinobi to get a ranged GB now. you might as well delete the damn class the ranged GB was the biggest signature highlight that Shinobi had....

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 04:43 PM
its the easiest thing to parry, never as shinobi use a ranged GB unless guaranteed.

SpaceJim12
06-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Well, you should choose moment for ranged GB very carefully. In 4v4 it could be most useful tool. But in 1v1 (even in Dominion), yes, ranged GB are almost useless, cause I didn't meet people who can't CGB it.

Brando736
06-25-2018, 05:03 PM
there is no "guaranteed" ranged GB now..... even after a successful kick when the opponent should be briefly staggered they still counter it ever single time. imo the biggest highlight a shinobi had was ranged GB mix-ups. like backflip after a combo into ranged GB sickle rain combo. but now after what ever change they made theres no such thing as ranged GB or sickle rain combo, as the only reliable way to get off a sickle rain combo was to do it off of a ranged GB pull..... this change has utterly destroyed the class imo and for my play style. I just spent an entire week in AI Dom matches burning out a double XP event to get my Shinobi leveled only to find that my class is **** now..... if I had known of this change prior I would have leveled a different hero. I just came back to this game after a very long break and was actually starting to enjoy the game again and now this ****. FML.... back to WoW I guess.....

The_B0G_
06-25-2018, 05:06 PM
Ranged gb should never be guaranteed. In group fights is where it is used, not when you're staring each other down.

Brando736
06-25-2018, 05:12 PM
what exactly is the change they made that ruined ranged GB for Shinobi anyway? I never really had a hard time landing them before and now all off a sudden theres not a single chance of landing one outside of a group fight.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 05:18 PM
there is no "guaranteed" ranged GB now..... even after a successful kick when the opponent should be briefly staggered they still counter it ever single time. imo the biggest highlight a shinobi had was ranged GB mix-ups. like backflip after a combo into ranged GB sickle rain combo. but now after what ever change they made theres no such thing as ranged GB or sickle rain combo, as the only reliable way to get off a sickle rain combo was to do it off of a ranged GB pull..... this change has utterly destroyed the class imo and for my play style. I just spent an entire week in AI Dom matches burning out a double XP event to get my Shinobi leveled only to find that my class is **** now..... if I had known of this change prior I would have leveled a different hero. I just came back to this game after a very long break and was actually starting to enjoy the game again and now this ****. FML.... back to WoW I guess.....

yes there is a guaranteed ranged GB, you your opponent dodges the you get a free ranged GB if your opponent whiffs an attack you get a free GB as well, with shinobi double dodge then kick then flip backwards and it can trigger your opponent to dodge and then perform the ranged GB into sickle rain.

The_B0G_
06-25-2018, 05:19 PM
what exactly is the change they made that ruined ranged GB for Shinobi anyway? I never really had a hard time landing them before and now all off a sudden theres not a single chance of landing one outside of a group fight.

You may be fighting at a higher skill level than you used to.

Brando736
06-25-2018, 05:24 PM
thanks for the tidbit about the kick, backflip ranged GB. Ill try this out. Ill also try to bait dodges for ranged GB more often. another thing I noticed today against a couple people I was fighting against was that every single time I double dodged to the side all they did was GB me and it was landing a GB for them while I was still in the animation of the double dodge.....

PepsiBeastin
06-25-2018, 07:33 PM
shinobi is definitely not someone you can do well with unless you full understand his kit, unless you're in a low enough skill bracket that you can just 500ms light people to death.

Brando736
06-25-2018, 07:45 PM
I understand the kit quite well actually. been ;playing him since day one other then the rather long break I am just coming back from. for some reason my entire playstyle I adopted in the beginning has been rendered totally useless now because every time I use ranged GB its countered and alot of my mix ups used ranged GB into sickle rain. I am going to have to completely change my playstyle to adapt to the changes and Im am currently getting totally **** on because of muscle memory going to that ranged GB....

PepsiBeastin
06-25-2018, 09:40 PM
I understand the kit quite well actually. been ;playing him since day one other then the rather long break I am just coming back from. for some reason my entire playstyle I adopted in the beginning has been rendered totally useless now because every time I use ranged GB its countered and alot of my mix ups used ranged GB into sickle rain. I am going to have to completely change my playstyle to adapt to the changes and Im am currently getting totally **** on because of muscle memory going to that ranged GB....

Not gonna lie if you have to rely on people not being able to counter a perfectly counterable guardbreak, that's not exactly a strong playstyle.

Alustar.
06-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Anyone else think it's funny he said "back to WoW...?"

We.the.North
06-26-2018, 06:51 AM
At high elo, I know people are very good and a Shinobi ranged GB has a very large window to counter guardbreak it. HOWEVER, something is very fishy a lot of the time. Let me put you in context :

I'm a rep 50 Shinobi and with the current matchmaking system, I get matched often against the same people rep 150+. Those people can counter guardbreak 100% of the time when they are not "stuck in recovery". That's normal, I accept that.

HOWEVER, here is what I do not accept. I play with the stealth feat. I often come from behind and use my ranged GB from maximum range. Despite that, some players magically counter guardbreak. Once or twice, it can be luck. But it happens way more than once or twice and It's always the same names of players that comes back and show the same fishy behavior of ungodly 6th sense, able to counter ranged guardbreaks from behind vs my stealthed Shinobi.

Then I heard about pixel bot scripts. A 3rd party programm that basically inputs command when certain pixels appear on the screen. With a pixel bot programm like that, you can put your guard in the right direction against any attacks and you can counter guardbreak 100% of the time. Ubisoft's easy anti-cheat catches some players, but a lot passes through the cracks.

At high elo, it's full of cheaters. You'll have some people on these forums saying there is no such thing as cheats or saying they are just "that good" ... I dont buy it. Rep 50 shinobi, hundreds of hours put in. Trust me I can tell when I play against a "human" making a mistake 1/20 of the time vs someone using a 3rd party programm.

Brando736
06-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Not gonna lie if you have to rely on people not being able to counter a perfectly counterable guardbreak, that's not exactly a strong playstyle.

you have to understand when I was actively play this game it was the first month and a half of release when everything was still new and people were still learning timings on things such as CGB lol.....

Brando736
06-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Anyone else think it's funny he said "back to WoW...?"

whats funny about going back to WoW? competitive pvp is no joke in a game such as WoW where every single class has their own entirely unique set of skills you have to learn in order to be effective. the learning curve there is much higher then in FH and so is the skill cap. here you have to learn to guard 3 directions and CGB timing. duriong my sctive time in FH, which was the first month or two of release I only played Shinobi and actually stopped playing because I did return to WoW and ended up taking over a year off FH only to come back in the past month or so just to find out everyone still playing the game is quite good for the most part and I am way behind. I started trying to pick up a few other classes now since I am a bit bummed about Shinobi only to find I really like a few others as well. .... biggest problem I face now is trying to pick a new main or even a secondary since I am torn between Zerker, Orochi, Shaman, Cent and Aramusha all of which I like quite a bit as well lol. also they should really make AI matches have more level 2 and 3 bots and make them more close to a real player in the way they respond to attacks because after spending an entire week playing Shinobi every day during the double XP event in AI matches I dont recall one time they CGB my ranged GB just to head over to PvP matches and not be able to land a single one lol....