PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Gladiator

Cyroy95
06-25-2018, 01:37 PM
In the list of moves there are two moves, Counter Jab and Counter Jab Heavy, that I just can't pull off. No matter how well I time it after the parry or deflect, it always goes into a GB instead of Counter Jab. Does this move even work? Is there a nuance to it? Or a simply ubifail bug?

David_gorda
06-25-2018, 02:55 PM
I havent played gladiator in ages but you probably need press it faster. Its usually that way with counters.

Charmzzz
06-25-2018, 03:07 PM
You have to immediately press GB after the parry connected, then followed by the Heavy.

HazelrahFirefly
06-25-2018, 03:52 PM
You have to immediately press GB after the parry connected, then followed by the Heavy.

I even press it a touch beforehand. My finger will get there just in time.

Basically, if you go for a party and want to do the jab, you press the heavy button+direction then immediately press the GB button. Don't wait for even a moment.

dizzy-glad
06-25-2018, 05:38 PM
You almost have to assume the parry connects and press the input right away. If you wait to see if the parry was a success, you'll miss your window.

Also pretty sure it does not work on deflect, only parry.

Lord_Cherubi
06-25-2018, 05:45 PM
I don't have Gladiator yet but if it's anything like Warlord parry counter you basically have to press it right when the parry connects. I usually just smash the living hell out of square if i catch a parry haha