PDA

View Full Version : Buff Centurion!

Afghanboss786
06-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Do I need to explain? He has no openers. Kick and punch are reactable. Then I hear warden is getting his rework but you can pull off more consistent damage with his shoulderbash mix up. Cent doesnít need a full on rework just a few tweaks and adjustments to his kit. Increase chip damage on heavies to 7 damage(currently 5). Two heavies blocked from cents will equate to 1 damage less than his light attack. This will keep the character unique and force opponents to parry or eat the chip damage as a consequence for turtling. From there cent could mix it up with his unblockable and guardbreak mix up which is exact with his classification (mix-up intensive). Some would argue this is enough but then that leaves his uncharged jab and kick useless. Simple solution: increase kick and jab speed to either 50 or 100 ms. I know cent mains would think this isnít enough but it is plenty. There thatís all he needs. He doesnít need anything flashy or anything this is easy to implement and will make cent viable mid to high level play.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 11:33 AM
I do think he needs a buff like what you mentioned but then I think take away to max punish cut scene by either reducing dmg or make the charged punch have a small dodgable window.

Armosias
06-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Being able to escape the charged jab after charged heavy would drastically reduce his ability to access cutscene, effectively nerfing cent to the ground. If we get something else in return that could help in fighting the bias crowd of "cent wallsplat punish is 2x stronger than any other hero" while making it more viable all over the board.

If he's not getting reworked right now it is because Ubi said they would rework OG cast first. Once Valk, Shugo, LB, Warlord and Warden are dealt with he may get something.

Also don't forget that Devs are totally aware of his actual state, which already led to having a new chain, and will cause some numbers tweaks soon I hope.

UbiInsulin
06-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Some solid suggestions here, thank you all. I don't know of any impending big changes to Centurion, but we'll keep the team aware of potential tweaks that could help change him up.