PDA

View Full Version : Accessibility Features

ItsTheGamerEdit
06-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Hey everyone,

Long story short, I am a passionate gamer who happens to have a vision impairment. While I love playing video games as much as the next person and do the best I can, there is no doubt that the inaccessibility of most games make it quite difficult for gamers like me, and it's unfortunate that video games are lagging behind in this regard. It would be amazing if Ubisoft could implement some accessibility features in AC: Odyssey, namely, large font/text size options.

I was hoping that if this garnered enough exposure and support, the devs would be encouraged to incorporate these features. Can't even put into words how amazing this would be for me, and many other gamers out there with a vision impairment.

Thank you all so much!

Black_Widow9
06-25-2018, 08:54 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums, ItsTheGamerEdit!

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback to improve it. We'll make sure to pass this on to the team. ;)

HDinHB
06-25-2018, 10:21 PM
I'm not even visually impaired and I had problems with some of the small fonts/low contrast text in Origins. Especially on the map. Sometimes I wonder if I had an accident and lost the use of a hand or even a thumb how I would be able to play games. Accessibility is for everyone.

ItsTheGamerEdit
06-26-2018, 12:34 AM
Thank you guys for your contributions!

Contrast can be a real problem to. And you're right, accessibility is for everyone and i think video games unfortunately lack this. It would be amazing to start seeing some improvements in this regard.

Thanks again. :)

HDinHB
06-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Oh, and welcome to the forum!