PDA

View Full Version : Devs' plans concerning Centurion?

SilverBlaustein
06-25-2018, 07:52 AM
Title. He's the weirdest character I've seen so far in an online game. He's obviously aimed at being a combo spammer, which makes him a terrifying noob stomper and a so-so skilled 1v1 opponent. In other words, put two of them working in tandem and they win nearly any dominion ever. Take one to a proper tournament and he'll likely get crushed. Are there any possible balance changes regarding him that we know of? Thanks!

Jazz117Volkov
06-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Yeah, Centurion is a special boy. I don't think the devs plan on doing much with him at the moment. He's godlike for noob stomping in 4v4, but take him against someone with sharp reactions and a high degree of knowledge and he's pretty worthless.

To fix the noob stomp brutality, I'd say his ground stab should only do 25 dmg, like his regular heavies. Together with his pin (30 dmg), he'd have a nice wallsplat punish of 55 dmg, which is still better than the rest of the cast, but much more acceptable. For reference, his current ground stab is 35 damage, making his wallsplat punish 65 damage. With Haymaker, his wallsplat damage potential is 105, before gear. It's sort of absurd. Not sure how it can be tamed though; the pummeling and the pinning are Centurions backbone, without them he's toothless.

Not sure what can be done to make him better at high level play. I've seen suggestions saying his punch should be feintable, but idk. He's just an awkwardly designed hero. Ubi wanted a superhero.

The_B0G_
06-25-2018, 01:18 PM
His whole syle is completely cancerous, like you guys have said, he's useless at high skilled play, dominating at low skill play. At the end of the day he's poorly designed, just not fun to play against.

He needs a rework, no amount of balancing with his damage numbers will fix him, he needs new combos, mixups and his cutscene combo needs to go.

Legion25846
06-25-2018, 01:34 PM
I agree no amount of numbers will change him he needs some sort of rework tho i have no real ideas for it he def needs another opener his kick is way to easy to avoid his punch is even easier to avoid, i don't even thro it anymore in 1v1 his cut scene is dog **** you don't even use it anymore, only time i thro a punch is after unblockable which by the way is the easiest unblockable in the game to parry so only time i do that is after wall splat.

basically i just dance around now until i can get a few light attack pokes push a guy into a corner then hopefully get a GB ( doubtful ) wall splat into combo rinse repeat.

The unblockable fake into GB works but after doing that twice people catch on pretty quickly and that goes out the window now i sit there and play defense until an opening.

Funny how the character that was brought into the game to fix the defense problem has to play defense all game to stand a chance.

Knight_Raime
06-25-2018, 06:43 PM
Devs said in their last den when answering a question about him that they think he's in a good spot right now. So.

UbiInsulin
06-25-2018, 07:05 PM
Title. He's the weirdest character I've seen so far in an online game. He's obviously aimed at being a combo spammer, which makes him a terrifying noob stomper and a so-so skilled 1v1 opponent. In other words, put two of them working in tandem and they win nearly any dominion ever. Take one to a proper tournament and he'll likely get crushed. Are there any possible balance changes regarding him that we know of? Thanks!

I don't know of any impending major changes, but we've been reporting pretty much this exact feedback to the team (newer players hate dealing with Cent, veterans aren't as impressed). We'll continue to do so as long as we're seeing these Cent threads.