PDA

View Full Version : Need Information

Uber_Venom
08-08-2005, 03:05 AM
HI all !

Where can i find iceberg ? Because I never seen one near groenland...

Where are minefield and subnet ???

Do you find that the deck gun is very useful after 1943 ?

If I move to another flottilla, do I loss my current Sub ?

Can we seal under ice ? (in the big north ??)

Can Somebody register me in Subsim, because I can't... Always the same error "wrong confirmation code"... So, if somebody can register Uber_Venom with any pass to this adress (anarchynator_at_gmail.com) Thanks a lot !

Sorry for my poor english and thanks again for the answer !

Uber_Venom
08-08-2005, 03:05 AM
HI all !

Can Somebody register me in Subsim, because I can't... Always the same error "wrong confirmation code"... So, if somebody can register Uber_Venom with any pass to this adress (anarchynator_at_gmail.com) Thanks a lot !

Sorry for my poor english and thanks again for the answer !

JU88
08-08-2005, 05:03 AM

<span class="ev_code_RED">Use the mission editor to open up the campaign files, or make a single mission and place some iebergs wherever you want</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">in enermy ports like southend, lock ewe and scappa flow</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">nope, surface attacks are suicide after that time</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">nope you will keep your current one</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">nope, no sailing under icecaps</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">cant help you with that one, right now- maybe send them an email.</span>

Uber_Venom
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Thank you Ju88 !!

Kaiser_W
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Uber_Venom:
HI all !

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's risky, but you can. I came upon a lightly guarded convoy in june 43 and finished it off with the deck gun. If you can get the jump on a lone freighter at night, you can try and shoot off the deck gun too.

Uber_Venom
08-08-2005, 01:47 PM
MMmmm, that's not for me... I prefer launch 1 more torpedoes and be underwater...

In wich port can I find subnet and minefield ? I'm in 40' and I see no one's ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The_Silent_O
08-08-2005, 02:01 PM
As far as the deck gun use after '43 is concerned, I've found that on the the small convoys of two ships that this is a good tactic:

1) take out the small ship first (1 Torp)

2) wound the second larger ship (only 1 Torp)

3) large ship should slow to 0 Knots

4) Surface at a point opposite the ship's gun and shut down your engines (ie gun on bow of C2, surface about 500 meters directly astern and vice versa)...He can't engage you, Nyah, Nyah, Nyyyah, Nyah!

5) Sink with deck gun (*)

* - Of course you can only do this when the windspeed is below 7 m/s.

This can save you at least 1 to 2 torpedos in the long run. Go for waterline shots with whatever you have left, including the stale bread and smitlack's fruitcake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Uber_Venom
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Very nice ! I'll try next time !

JU88
08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
oop- to see more mines and subnets you will need to patch your game to the latest version (1.4)

Ps any ship can be sunk with one torpeedo if you aim for fuel bunkers.
You can sink most ships with one torp 90% of the time on auto solutions.

captsteubie
08-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I like the deck gun. Just approach most ships from the bow (DDs, CAs, BBs, Liberty, and Victory ships excluded) and pound them into submission. Also, their gunners suck at a decent range. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Uber_Venom
08-09-2005, 05:21 AM
I have patch 1.4 and I have seal in some ennemy ports... No one have subnets or minefield... (i'm in 40') http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

And i can't add an iceberg with the editor.. Isn't iceberg during the campaign near the groenland ???