PDA

View Full Version : About servers

JediGamerFurius
06-25-2018, 03:16 AM
Ok now we got servers, good.

Still, I've experienced anothers 5 minutes matchmaking on PC. Could you just be a little more smater now that you got servers UBI? For exemple: I will join a pvp dominion and there is nobody to play with me, so, why don't you start the match with the bots and the others players will join me eventualy? Why do I still have to wait to play this game???

For the PVE content, I know you don't have servers for this game mode yet and I can't imagine why... just doesn't make any sense.

Halvtand
06-25-2018, 02:23 PM
So in order for your point to be as clear as possible, why don't you just go ahead and explain how it doesn't make any sense to not have servers when fighting bots only?

JediGamerFurius
06-25-2018, 05:36 PM
So in order for your point to be as clear as possible, why don't you just go ahead and explain how it doesn't make any sense to not have servers when fighting bots only?

I see you didn't pay attention. Let me make myself clear. Put the player on a match and them the others players will join. Problem solved, no more waiting and searching.

Vakris_One
06-25-2018, 07:03 PM
I see you didn't pay attention. Let me make myself clear. Put the player on a match and them the others players will join. Problem solved, no more waiting and searching.
That creates the bigger problem of unbalanced teams and constantly joining games in progress. It will turn games of Diminion in particular completely unfun to play as matches will just be a never ending revolving door of players entering and then leaving when they see they are losing and have more bots on their team than the enemy.

In short it will turn PvP 4v4 game modes into a half PvP, half PvE utter mess. Just look at Rocket League's casual modes if you want an example of how unfun it is to constantly be in PvP matches where half the teams are just braindead AI with only a few players appearing here and there. It can get so bad that you'd think you bought a solo PvE game with only occassional PvP/Co-op.

UbiInsulin
06-25-2018, 07:07 PM
That creates the bigger problem of unbalanced teams and constantly joining games in progress. It will turn games of Diminion in particular completely unfun to play as matches will just be a never ending revolving door of players entering and then leaving when they see they are losing and have more bots on their team than the enemy.

In short it will turn PvP 4v4 game modes into a half PvP, half PvE utter mess. Just look at Rocket League's casual modes if you want an example of how unfun it is to constantly be in PvP matches where half the teams are just braindead AI with only a few players appearing here and there. It can get so bad that you'd think you bought a solo PvE game with only occassional PvP/Co-op.

Yeah, this would definitely be a big concern for the "just start the game with AI" strategy. People choose PvP because they want PvP. But thank you for letting us know your recent experience with wait times, OP.

JediGamerFurius
06-25-2018, 07:21 PM
Yeah, this would definitely be a big concern for the "just start the game with AI" strategy. People choose PvP because they want PvP. But thank you for letting us know your recent experience with wait times, OP.

At least you should consider that for PVE coop. And for pvp yeah, you can wait 5 minutes or more to play if you are so eager to pvp 4vs4 instead of picking a duel.