PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA SLI enable for Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

MarioWillians
06-25-2018, 12:43 AM
How can we protest Ubisoft to make it happen? Or is it already done?

robbredman
06-26-2018, 03:15 PM
I payed for Origins, before I knew it would not support SLI (in fact will not play w/ SLI enabled).
I'll not give them any more money. that's how I plan to protest

RomanosAssassin
08-15-2018, 12:33 PM
I buy the Ultimate Edition via Steam BUT if SLI is not functional as it was at Origins I will refund the game. I have SLI GTX 1080 good enough to play the game at 4K. but with one GPU the epic fail of Origins 30 to 40 FPS....

So I'm Greek SLI functional or through the game at Keadas

RomanosAssassin
08-15-2018, 12:37 PM
sorry my bad English

SLI functional or throw away the game at Keadas.....refund and my money back....

Black_Widow9
08-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums, Mario.

We ensure you we've listened closely and implemented several changes based on your feedback. Unfortunately, we currently do not have any plans to add SLI support to Assassin's Creed Origins.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks

KmarkoPL
08-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums, Mario.

We ensure you we've listened closely and implemented several changes based on your feedback. Unfortunately, we currently do not have any plans to add SLI support to Assassin's Creed Origins.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks

You did not read the title do you ?!

They asking about Odyssey if will have SLI support.
We already know Origins will not have it .

Black_Widow9
08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
You did not read the title do you ?!

They asking about Odyssey if will have SLI support.
We already know Origins will not have it .
I guess I missed it, being in the Origins forum, Kmarko. Sorry about that.

As far as SLI for Odyssey, I can't really say since the minimum requirements haven't even been released. I'll make sure to pass this feedback along though.

Thanks

timespaceon
09-10-2018, 04:24 AM
The system requirements were revealed. No surprise that there's no mentioning for the SLI for "Recommended 4K Configuration" since the two ACOs basically use the same engine. And perhaps the future ACs will no longer support SLI as Nvidia is also dropping this old tech.
:mad:

strigoi1958
09-10-2018, 01:21 PM
As @timespaceon has correctly pointed out. Nvidia is dropping support for SLI. It has always been a minefield getting SLI to work, waiting months to get optimised drivers only to play when everyone else has finished and moved on to the next game. Lots of artifacts and performance issues only corrected by disabling 1 card. Sli was a good idea because it meant people could buy a similar card and increase performance cheaper than buying the top cards (maybe that is why nvidia is dropping support to make us upgrade to 1 more powerful (expensive) card). As nvidia are dropping Sli, it probably is not viable to spend money supporting something being phased out.

Olympus2018
09-10-2018, 06:17 PM
SLI is one of the biggest jokes ever. You buy 3 graphics cards and you get lots of trouble and little increase in FPS, in the real world. You are better off with a single graphics card that costs 3 times as much: No trouble, enhanced performance for ALL games, no excessive heat, no extra noise, power consumption, extra need for coolers etc. Not to mention the tuning you have to do in order to make SLI work flawlessly.... Which is not even guaranteed. SLI makes sense only if you have like 4 monitors running at the same time. Then again, it would be cheaper to buy a 70-inch modern TV set, if you want a huge display.

Razrback16
09-11-2018, 06:10 PM
I guess I missed it, being in the Origins forum, Kmarko. Sorry about that.

As far as SLI for Odyssey, I can't really say since the minimum requirements haven't even been released. I'll make sure to pass this feedback along though.

Thanks

If you could do some checking it would be appreciated. I see they released the "requirements" but really the requirements released don't tell us anything -- all list a targeted framerate of 30fps which is widely considered to be unplayable to many PC gamers. Need to know 2 things -

1) What are the system requirements for 4k @ 60fps with all settings maxed out?
2) Will SLI be supported?

You guys did a nice job with Far Cry 5 - it had SLI support at launch and ran fantastic - I had 4k @ 60fps with absolutely every option maxed out. Very well optimized game.

If Odyssey isn't going to have SLI support, just let us know so those of us who want it will know to just move on to other games and not waste our time waiting around for it.
Thx in advance!

strigoi1958
09-11-2018, 06:43 PM
@Razrback16

30 fps may not be considered playable to some players... but it's extremely widely considered supremely playable to a lot of players. (did you see how I tried to add weight to my subjective point as well? ;) )

This is not cs:go or a fast driving or flying game it is AC so 5000 fps would not make any difference.

I think Nvidia and AMD should make a card called "the Max" and it should only have one setting because a lot of hardware fans do not know how to set a game up to look perfect for themselves, they only want every effect on max. ;) as they're under the misconception that that must look the best.

Not everyone is obsessed with their system, most people game because they like games, I'd never be foolish enough to let my pc dictate what games I can and cannot play. ;) but if people want to miss out on games because technology is passing them by, that is their prerogative, game makers will not miss the 50 sli buyers out of the millions of copies they sell. The Sli gamers trying to make a defiant stand will miss out on the games until they evolve.

Razrback16
09-11-2018, 07:15 PM
30 fps may not be considered playable to some players... but it's extremely widely considered supremely playable to a lot of players. (did you see how I tried to add weight to my subjective point as well? ;) )

That's great that you consider it playable - I simply do not, and many that I know do not. I think it's cute that you were so insecure that I had a different opinion that you needed to confront me directly about it, lol.

This is not cs:go or a fast driving or flying game it is AC so 5000 fps would not make any difference.

Incorrect. And 5000fps isn't needed, for me 50+ works, 60fps is preferable.

I think Nvidia and AMD should make a card called "the Max" and it should only have one setting because a lot of hardware fans do not know how to set a game up to look perfect for themselves, they only want every effect on max. ;) as they're under the misconception that that must look the best.

Not everyone is obsessed with their system, most people game because they like games, I'd never be foolish enough to let my pc dictate what games I can and cannot play. ;)

Kind of a silly thing to say with a lot of assumptions made that are neither here nor there.

but if people want to miss out on games because technology is passing them by, that is their prerogative, game makers will not miss the 50 sli buyers out of the millions of copies they sell. The Sli gamers trying to make a defiant stand will miss out on the games until they evolve.

Who said anything about missing out on it? I'll eventually play Odyssey just as I played Origins, I just won't buy a personal copy of it if it doesn't have appropriate support for the graphics options I deem important, just as a I did the same with Origins. Again, you're a cute little poster - making all these false little assumptions out of insecurity. :) I like you for your entertaining value.

bizantura
09-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Gave up on SLI and Crossfire setups. And no, I don't think it is a joke not everybody is out for higher FPS thru SLI/Crossfire. But big nice 4K screens need power and no a TV will not do at all.
The simple truth, it is not supported as should be. Since graphics cards sell as hotcakes to make money it has become a nightmare to even find a high-end card let alone 2!

OxIdOAC
09-13-2018, 02:55 PM
I used to have SLI mode enabled with 2 GTX 460 Nvidia cards, and play CoD: MW 2 with it, and it was a long time ago, 2010 i think... The game did look slightly better than a single card machine but in the end it's useless overrated technology... Twice the card (or triple) = twice (triple) the quality? Not in a million years. No wonder game companies give up on that crap... Today only a few games support SLI, and this statement alone should make you think about buying another xxx$ card... waste of money, power, space etc...

alenjenny
09-18-2018, 07:56 AM
I totally agree with what you said and had the same experience.

If there is no support for SLI, just make it clear from the beginning so that we can move on with our lives. Thanks

timespaceon
09-18-2018, 01:21 PM
You guys did a nice job with Far Cry 5 - it had SLI support at launch and ran fantastic - I had 4k @ 60fps with absolutely every option maxed out. Very well optimized game.

If Odyssey isn't going to have SLI support, just let us know so those of us who want it will know to just move on to other games and not waste our time waiting around for it.
Thx in advance!

I doubt the benefit of SLI Far Cry 5 received comes from the old Engine it uses. So funny!

Razrback16
09-19-2018, 01:17 AM
I doubt the benefit of SLI Far Cry 5 received comes from the old Engine it uses. So funny!

No doubt Dunia Engine 2's familiarity to the developers made it much easier to implement. And it runs fantastic. Not sure what's funny about that. I thought they did a nice job, if you didn't, that's ok, too, you're welcome to your opinion.

timespaceon
09-19-2018, 02:55 AM
No doubt Dunia Engine 2's familiarity to the developers made it much easier to implement. And it runs fantastic. Not sure what's funny about that. I thought they did a nice job, if you didn't, that's ok, too, you're welcome to your opinion.

I mean that it's sarcastic (that's what funny is about!) that new tech brings people inconvenience while the old does not.:nonchalance:

alenjenny
09-19-2018, 03:29 AM

I really have to agree on that. I played Far Cry 5 too and it runs really good on SLI. i get wonderful SLI scaling and performance and able to get really nice 4k max graphic out of the entire game from start to finish. great job on that, Ubisoft. Now if only we can say the same for Assassin's creed Odyssey. It looks stunning and it will be a shame if we are not able to enjoy it properly and smoothly like far cry 5

Kevinus86
09-19-2018, 02:31 PM
SLI (same for crossfire, that's even worse) isn't good, did use it before in 2010 3-way SLI with the GTX470 1GB
Always problems

The 3-way SLI was top to play GTAIV on 3 screens,
but give problems.
to solve my problems and let other games work,
I disconnect a card and place them in a double SLI, I got less problems
The performance was just a little bit difference, although I had a screen issue then.
After I bought 2x 24" widescreens for the 2 cards

My friend bought the year after, like actually 1,5year after two new cards for his PC.
Two GTX560 TI448 1GB and place them in SLI, he did kill me.. he was way much better.

But the problems whe experience weren't good, especially with games that did not support SLI.
Also whe did experience many black screens and OS-VGA errors.

When disconnecting the whole circe and use only one card,
i could play all my games again without any error.

From then I decide to use one card again.

In 2013 I renew my whole system and bought a budget card GTX660 2GB.
This card on a 24" screen killed the previous ones, even if they were in SLI.

And today I still use those GTX660 .. although I have also a MSI laptop with a GTX960

btw.. why argue about SLI

There almost the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 - these card will kill all previous ones

Grtz

Razrback16
09-20-2018, 07:39 PM
I mean that it's sarcastic (that's what funny is about!) that new tech brings people inconvenience while the old does not.:nonchalance:

Ah I see - yes, I agree completely.

Dwarf_Noble
09-23-2018, 12:16 PM
I would appreciate it if you guys support multi-gpu on Odyssey.

Almost all other Ubi titles support it. AC should lead in that front.

Olympus2018
09-23-2018, 12:28 PM
I don't understand how some folks play games on 4 screens. The annoying frames of the screens create a large annoying cross, among the four screens.

RomanosAssassin
10-01-2018, 02:36 PM
I have Steam buyed A.C. Odyssey , i it don't supports SLI i can and I will refund it. To KEADAS without SLI cause I'm Greek.
I will not affort last years failure.. with Origins...

Sp00gle
10-01-2018, 05:17 PM
As far as I am aware there is no SLI or Crossfire support for this title. Can't seem to find the link where I read this though....

Sp00gle
10-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Ah found it. The info is inside the UPlay launcher in the Assassin's Creed Odyssey hub under the Game news tab. Assassin's Creed Odyssey PC Specs and System Requirements Revealed, scroll down to the bottom....

Edit: Blind as a bat me.... It is up above here in the sticky posts.

Dwarf_Noble
10-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I didn't buy because it doesn't support multi-gpu. I won't buy until it does. Simple as that.

Fi3RCE1
10-05-2018, 07:26 PM
SLI is one of the biggest jokes ever. You buy 3 graphics cards and you get lots of trouble and little increase in FPS, in the real world. You are better off with a single graphics card that costs 3 times as much ... SLI makes sense only if you have like 4 monitors running at the same time. Then again, it would be cheaper to buy a 70-inch modern TV set, if you want a huge display.

Do you play at 4k resolution? Or are you slamming this SLI "old tech" while playing 1080p, or maybe you upgraded all the way to 1440p?!? I'm tired of all the "SLI didn't work" talk when I never have any problems running games in 4k until AC:O that did not allow the 2nd card to run. I tell you what regarding your statement "if you have like 4 monitors running at the same time.", I'll disable half of the V-8 in your truck or car and you can piddle around on 4 cylinders because those other 4 cylinders are just for people racing around and nobody needs to do that right? However, your logic is on par with a child so I mean no offense if you are.

an3k
10-09-2018, 04:38 AM
With Assassin's Creed: Odyssey you can clearly see why Ubisoft is constantly going downwards the ladder of success.

I compare it directly to Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

AC4 had a hardlock at 60fps (are you ****ing stupid?). SOTTR supports DX12 and SLI out of the box and utilizes two GTX1080Ti up to 100%. ACOD doesn't support DX12 or SLI.

Hell, even The Division had much better support for SLI than this brand new game.

And I'm not talking about the massive problems I had with ASOD beside SLI not working. Launching the game takes ages (not nice but acceptable). It flickers between keyboard+mouse and gamepad input and can't decide to just show the currently used input (take a look at SOTTR again); you manually have to select what input you want to use in the settings (absolute NOGO). The game froze plenty times IN THE MAIN MENU and all I could do was logoff from windows to get rid of it. The second time I did that I got a weird bluescreen (yes, I was surprised as you are) that deleted some of my settings of other applications.

I'm playing / working with computers for more than 25 years and I NEVER had such a bad experience. This was definitely the LAST product I bought from Ubisoft - until that idiot who caused this (stupid developers OR stupid marketing / sales manger who pushed too hard) gets FIRED and FLOGGED.

Radox-1
10-09-2018, 08:24 AM
SLI (same for crossfire, that's even worse) isn't good, did use it before in 2010 3-way SLI with the GTX470 1GB
Always problems

The 3-way SLI was top to play GTAIV on 3 screens,
but give problems.
to solve my problems and let other games work,
I disconnect a card and place them in a double SLI, I got less problems
The performance was just a little bit difference, although I had a screen issue then.
After I bought 2x 24" widescreens for the 2 cards

My friend bought the year after, like actually 1,5year after two new cards for his PC.
Two GTX560 TI448 1GB and place them in SLI, he did kill me.. he was way much better.

But the problems whe experience weren't good, especially with games that did not support SLI.
Also whe did experience many black screens and OS-VGA errors.

When disconnecting the whole circe and use only one card,
i could play all my games again without any error.

From then I decide to use one card again.

In 2013 I renew my whole system and bought a budget card GTX660 2GB.
This card on a 24" screen killed the previous ones, even if they were in SLI.

And today I still use those GTX660 .. although I have also a MSI laptop with a GTX960

btw.. why argue about SLI

There almost the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 - these card will kill all previous ones

Grtz

3 and 4 Way SLI has always been problematic, even compared to 2 way SLI which is saying something. Another thing to note is most people do not realise there is a steep overhead at time with SLI and in plenty of instances scaling which may seem poor is because your really CPU limited until you really crank up the load on the GPU (using DSR or something)

As to why people talk about SLI, I suppose when your already at the highest end and you have mutliple GPU's its sad to see demanding games not able to use the GPUs. Also not sure what you mean by RTX 2080 will kill everything else. Said GPU is only slightly ahead of the 1080Ti and slightly behind the already exiting Titan Xp, sure it may get optimisations as time goes on, but as it stands not leaps and bounds ahead of last gen. The 2080Ti however is a a fair bit ahead clearly.

saucefar
10-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I remember getting banned on the forum for simply creating a post with no multi gpu support, you know screw 4k for sure but some actually can't play without the support, a person with two cards can always play in a different resolution, they have no excuse.

But the 690 GTX and other cards still would run this game with multi gpu support, i paid full price for origins last time what that lying developer who stated they would add sli at a later point, clearly to sell the game.

Dwarf_Noble
10-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Ubi, for the love of god, if you won't support multi-gpu in Odyssey, at least add multi-gpu functionality to your Anvil Next engine for future releases. Odyssey is a lost cause, I accept that. But for the future, AC titles should support the feature just like old AC titles.

IIInitzell
11-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Pozor ubi

bizantura
11-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Ditched the SLI/Crossfire thing since less and less games support it.

Dwarf_Noble
11-17-2018, 11:32 PM
Ditched the SLI/Crossfire thing since less and less games support it.

That's not true, game engines are supporting multi-gpu more and more now. but that's not the point of this thread.

Ubi, for the love of god, bring back multi-gpu support to your AC games.

Bushwickedly
11-17-2018, 11:46 PM
SLI won't help you. The game is cpu-bound and poorly bound at that.

UbiSnout
11-18-2018, 12:55 AM
That's not true, game engines are supporting multi-gpu more and more now. but that's not the point of this thread.

Ubi, for the love of god, bring back multi-gpu support to your AC games.

Hi Dwarf_Noble,

Has stated in the minimum specs and requirement:

Will SLI be supported?
No, Assassinís Creed Odyssey wonít support SLI/Crossfire.

Dwarf_Noble
11-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Hi Dwarf_Noble,

Has stated in the minimum specs and requirement:

Will SLI be supported?
No, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey won’t support SLI/Crossfire.

At least please raise this concern to the devs. A lot of fans, here in the forum and elsewhere, asked for the same thing in Origins and nothing happened. So we were hopeful Odyssey will support it after the many demands by the fans. And yet, here we are.

KmarkoPL
11-18-2018, 01:39 PM
At least please raise this concern to the devs. A lot of fans, here in the forum and elsewhere, asked for the same thing in Origins and nothing happened. So we were hopeful Odyssey will support it after the many demands by the fans. And yet, here we are.

Devs already made it clear they will not do it !
So cry make tantrum much as you want, but that won't change any thing.

strigoi1958
11-18-2018, 04:39 PM

At one time SLI and Crossfire were going to be the future.... but after years of problems, long waits to play games while profiles and sli drivers started to work, the very very small percentage of pc users who had tried multi gpu setups dwindled even more.... so although it may seem like a "lot" of people, we're talking about a handful. I know you don't want to hear this but multi gpu is a very minority of a minority of niche gaming systems...

I'm sure AMD and Nvidia thought "great! more sales of gpu's" but neither really supported them, no special drivers were made for, let's face it, their best customers. Lots of games were only playable by turning one card off, until sli optimisation became usable (usually 6 months after everyone else had moved on to another game).

I'd be very surprised if 1 person in 50,000 still used sli or crossfire... so it may be a lot of work to implement multi gpu support for a few sales. I know when people were into sli it was a cheaper way to get more performance (eventually) but nowadays, single gpu's run 4k games, sli would help people who still run two 5 year old cards and cannot afford to upgrade... but the minimum spec for Odyssey is a single gtx 970 which is 4 years old, Gtx 1050 ti and gtx 1060 run odyssey really well... you could sell your pair of gtx 690's and buy a 1060 or even a 1070 (black Friday is nearly here :) )

Nobody wants to buy upgrades but as games just keep meeting the constant demands from gamers for bigger maps and better graphics we must upgrade or get left behind. My system is more than capable of running games in 4k but I prefer 2k... and I prefer to set the settings to my own preference, not maxed out. But to be honest, I do not really notice much difference between 1080p, 2k or 4k when I'm enjoying the games so much.

Olympus2018
11-18-2018, 08:35 PM
SLI crossfire is not worth it.... Increased fan noise, power consumption etc. plus problems with optimization, huge cost for the whole set-up to work properly. Unless you have 4 monitors or something, it is not really worth it.