PDA

View Full Version : I really do hate every jump attack

PepsiBeastin
06-24-2018, 11:09 PM
It's just so stupid how they can track and have hyper armor (and in shaman and aramusha's case, be feinted in midair.) This isn't a gripe about a specific character, but I feel like if you hit someone who's left the ground they shouldn't just blast through unaffected. I know the tracking has been toned down quite a bit since the release of DLC characters, but it really doesn't make sense how they can have midair afterburners to track you even if you dodged poorly. I get the explanation for a normal heavy tracking a bad dodge, like "the attacker had time to readjust their strike to hit you" yada yada, but I can't see an excuse for someone to turn upwards of 40 degrees midair to hit you. I feel like every jump attack in the game should have tracking capabilities and hyperarmor removed, and in return maybe get a 20% ish damage buff. In shaman's case though her jump heavies should either be slowed down or at the very least have the indicator show up a bit sooner.

Vakris_One
06-24-2018, 11:43 PM
So what you're saying is, even though you misstimed your dodge you want jump attacks to miss you. How is that fair to the other guy?

SangLong524
06-25-2018, 01:47 AM
What?! Hey, don't blame every jump attacks for your shortcoming. I can count on one hand the time jump attacks land on me without being parried or blocked or dodge the f*ck to the sides in a match.
What's the matter with u!!!

Alustar.
06-25-2018, 02:29 AM
I happen to know from personal experience shaman wild cats rage cannot be cancelled mid air. As long as she is in run animation she can cancel, wait for her to leap, then dodge.

IllegalFishButt
06-25-2018, 04:16 AM
Most jump attacks are easy to either dodge, block or parried. They are extremely well telegraphed, so whenever you see an enemy going for a jump attack you should choose to either dodge, parry or block. My recommendation for you is to just block as it seems that you may be baited into doing otherwise resulting in punishes. Another tip is to remember that Jump attacks are most of the time restricted to a single direction.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 09:33 AM
I have no issue parrying a jump attack, Its a free attack. I know what you mean with the tracking because I've often thought I was out of range or thought I had dodged in time only to get hit

Siegfried-Z
06-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Common, most of Front Dash and jump attacks are so telegraphed that it is a free parry or deflect..

Just a few can feint it like shaman or Aramusha but only them.

And i admit Valk and Glad one are very fast so you rather block but that's all.

Lord_Cherubi
06-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Don't know about tracking but what is up with the range on shaman leap attack? She can jump like a freaking Jedi lol

Maxime_Qc-
06-28-2018, 10:33 PM
I never understood why aramusha can fkn cancel that jump attack

How is it realist... like does he have like antigravity boot or something like that ?

And how is it fair that only him can do it ?.

REMOVE THIS OPTION !!!! Its just dumb if you choose to jump attack face to face in 1v1 assume your bad decision and get parryed or deflect !

Maxime_Qc-
06-28-2018, 10:50 PM
Aramusha allready got so many option... just on that jump attack

Can cancel it after cancel... he's in range (and he didn't risk anything to get in range) he can now start spamming you again , or wait and deflect all direction

He can chose direction of that jump attack.. etc

And unlike all the others character that spam .. he's most of the times immune to parry and deflect due to after block or after hit recovery...

AAAALLL OF HIS KIT is LOW RISK HIGH REWARD!!!