PDA

View Full Version : What the.. is wrong with matchmaking?

iAurelia
06-24-2018, 09:16 PM
I have nothing much to say, but this, This game has the most unfair matchmaking i've ever seen for my whole history of gaming. EVER. Can someone explain me how you find fair matching level 1 (reputation level 1) player against reputation level 170 in tournament? Literally 3 tournamens in a row there were minimally 4 people that had level above 50. What are new players supposed to do against that (yeah yeah "you should play tournament after you play a lot of normals to get the hand of it") I want to practice in ranked so i know people against me are actually trying, but i expected to have level difference in maximum of 5 at first. I guess ubisoft finds it okay, or just doesn't care about it's playerbase.

Now after i've left the salt out of me i wish you nice evening,.

UbiInsulin
06-24-2018, 09:31 PM
I have nothing much to say, but this, This game has the most unfair matchmaking i've ever seen for my whole history of gaming. EVER. Can someone explain me how you find fair matching level 1 (reputation level 1) player against reputation level 170 in tournament? Literally 3 tournamens in a row there were minimally 4 people that had level above 50. What are new players supposed to do against that (yeah yeah "you should play tournament after you play a lot of normals to get the hand of it") I want to practice in ranked so i know people against me are actually trying, but i expected to have level difference in maximum of 5 at first. I guess ubisoft finds it okay, or just doesn't care about it's playerbase.

Now after i've left the salt out of me i wish you nice evening,.

Sorry to hear that ranked left you salty! More people (particularly new players) play in the unranked playlists, so ranked matchmaking may be have to be less selective in terms of player skill level in order to create matches in a timely fashion.

For new players, I would honestly recommend dueling AI and humans outside of ranked until you feel comfortable. I promise you, most of the people you find in Duel are going to try their hardest to win.

IllegalFishButt
06-25-2018, 04:25 AM
Tournaments are mad based off of skill, and since you are most likely unranked you are going to be matched with good players initially, then placed with less experienced ones such as yourself later.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
tournaments are also not a very popular mode so if only higher level players are searching for a lobby then your more likely to get put with a high rep, tournament is for the tryhards.