PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Recovery. 600ms

Baturai
06-24-2018, 05:42 PM
I can totally understand that Spamm dodge was an Op thing for Assassins. However
This also affected GB and Block after Dodge and totally made reflect guard ( for parry) useless.

can you pls reduce

Guard and Gb Recovers after Dodge ? you force us to turtle dodge has no point anymore

HighWithEagle
06-24-2018, 06:07 PM
I can totally understand that Spamm dodge was an Op thing for Assassins. However
This also affected GB and Block after Dodge and totally made reflect guard ( for parry) useless.

can you pls reduce

Guard and Gb Recovers after Dodge ? you force us to turtle dodge has no point anymore

The back dodge nerf should have only affected assassin's and no one else. It was a get out of jail free card, you assassin's never had to worry about running out of stamina cause you could safety back dodge away cause no hero in the game could punish you once you started back dodging. I'm glad they nerfed.

Knight_Raime
06-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Before this change a majority of the heros already had 600ms recoveries. 3 heros had 500ms. Those being warden, aramusha, and shaman. There were a handful of characters who had slower. People like goki and lawbringer. So this is a buff for a handful of people, a nerf for 3 heros, but overall not a big change to the entire roster.

Also it wasn't a problem because "op spam dodge assassins." It was a problem because it made a small selection of heros the ability to dodge things on reaction that are supposed to require prediction. And it even allowed somethings to get punished that shouldn't be. Like kensei's entire top heavy mix up could be dodged and punished after the dodge by having 500ms recovery.

This basically puts everyone on even ground to be able to punish the same things barring some obsecure things like LB's light after a shove only being punishable by assassins due to deflect. Which was needed.