PDA

View Full Version : Things that break the game *SPOILERS*

observer2009
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Did anyone else wonder about this? C'mon Ubi you lazy people, you had 2 years and couldn't fix this crap?

*spoilers*

1 - When you get the piece of eden and go to kill the pope, why is it you have to go through all that to get to him? Durrrrr, Al Mualim turned everyone in Masyaf against you in the first game with that same piece of eden so how come you couldn't just pretty much march right in? Give or take a few strong willed guys, but still the opposition shouldn't have been that tough with the apple in your possession.

2 - The Pope stabs you, yet you stand up and "magically" know that there's a secret exit. I can forgive that because of the eagle vision BUT, helloooo??? You just got stabbed with about 6 inches of steel into the abdomen AND you go down there and get into a fist fight with the guy. He was the head Templar, do you think he would play fair and give you that chance? Plus you know, you would've bled out long before all that anyway.

3 - How about at one point in the game I had 3 guards standing DIRECTLY in front of me. I stab one of them and then take 3 steps to my right into a crowd of four guys at which point I "blend" and they say "I LOST SIGHT OF HIM, KEEP LOOKING!" Just four dudes standing by a well, no one else around but I blended out of sight.

4 - Why is it when you're in Venice or any of the other cities at night the moon is normal sized and when you go back to your home it takes up what seems like half the sky?

5 - What's the point in upgrading the buildings/businesses from your home and generating all that money? It makes it too easy plus there's nothing to do with it afterwards. I could see if there was some real micro-managing to it but in my opinion it was completely out of place and had no business in the game.

6 - Ezio's mom must have worked for that ***** assassin - any woman who could be on her knees, day and night, for 10yrs is truly gifted. The storyline progresses over a 10 year period yet every time we go back into that room, no matter the time of day or night, she's on her knees praying. dubya tee eff?

7 - Ditto for his sister, she must have had the widest *** in Italy. No matter day or night she's sitting there doing paperwork for 10+ yrs. Come on Ubi, i'd take a job in your mailroom and learn programming in my spare time and could have fixed up those 2 blunders.

8 - Why is that you still don't actually assassinate anyone? It's not really assassination if you just walk right up to someone in plain sight of other people and whack them. For christ's sake these are the people that made splinter cell - could it really be THAT HARD to add in actual stealth gameplay?

9 - Why is it you can be on a rooftop and stab an archer in the back and plainly see one on the rooftop across from you, yet because you aren't in "targeting" distance he can't see you? Yea... good job mr lazy programmer(s).

10 - When you are following the courier to get the apple you are supposed to sneak past those guards into the area, kill the courier and take on his garb to assume his position. I threw a smoke bomb down in front of the guards at the entrance and then stabbed the courier as a guard who was 30ft away made some comment about me not looking like I belonged in there. At that point it went to the cutscene and the story progressed. Thanks again to that same programmer/programmers. Way to take me out the story.

11 - At the end of the game and the beginning... why do the Abstergo guards use batons? I could understand them not wanting to kill Desmond but did tasers mysteriously disappear by the year 2012? Granted those assassins are talented but I don't think they could counter a taser shot.

12 - Anyone else seeing the matrix/architect similarities in this game?

There was a lot more i noticed but that's all i can remember right now.

One last thing - although they didn't blatantly give you the same repetitive mission structure they did in the last game, for the most part all of your missions are the same **** over and over. Go here, kill these 3 guards. Go to the next place and kill those 3 guards. Go to this 3rd location and kill the last 3 guards. Next mission, go to this location and kill another guard, and then run halfway across Venice (ETA - 5 mins) to help some NPC fend off 3 guards. Next mission, go attack 3 guards and let 3 guys out of a cage. The guards 40ft away with their backs turned are deaf and cannot hear swords clanging. Go to the next location and kill 3 more guards to free 3 more guys from a cage, again with the deaf guards 40ft away not bothering you. It was the same **** over and over.

I'll bet OXM gives it a 9.0 or 9.5.

observer2009
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Did anyone else wonder about this? C'mon Ubi you lazy people, you had 2 years and couldn't fix this crap?

*spoilers*

1 - When you get the piece of eden and go to kill the pope, why is it you have to go through all that to get to him? Durrrrr, Al Mualim turned everyone in Masyaf against you in the first game with that same piece of eden so how come you couldn't just pretty much march right in? Give or take a few strong willed guys, but still the opposition shouldn't have been that tough with the apple in your possession.

2 - The Pope stabs you, yet you stand up and "magically" know that there's a secret exit. I can forgive that because of the eagle vision BUT, helloooo??? You just got stabbed with about 6 inches of steel into the abdomen AND you go down there and get into a fist fight with the guy. He was the head Templar, do you think he would play fair and give you that chance? Plus you know, you would've bled out long before all that anyway.

3 - How about at one point in the game I had 3 guards standing DIRECTLY in front of me. I stab one of them and then take 3 steps to my right into a crowd of four guys at which point I "blend" and they say "I LOST SIGHT OF HIM, KEEP LOOKING!" Just four dudes standing by a well, no one else around but I blended out of sight.

4 - Why is it when you're in Venice or any of the other cities at night the moon is normal sized and when you go back to your home it takes up what seems like half the sky?

5 - What's the point in upgrading the buildings/businesses from your home and generating all that money? It makes it too easy plus there's nothing to do with it afterwards. I could see if there was some real micro-managing to it but in my opinion it was completely out of place and had no business in the game.

6 - Ezio's mom must have worked for that ***** assassin - any woman who could be on her knees, day and night, for 10yrs is truly gifted. The storyline progresses over a 10 year period yet every time we go back into that room, no matter the time of day or night, she's on her knees praying. dubya tee eff?

7 - Ditto for his sister, she must have had the widest *** in Italy. No matter day or night she's sitting there doing paperwork for 10+ yrs. Come on Ubi, i'd take a job in your mailroom and learn programming in my spare time and could have fixed up those 2 blunders.

8 - Why is that you still don't actually assassinate anyone? It's not really assassination if you just walk right up to someone in plain sight of other people and whack them. For christ's sake these are the people that made splinter cell - could it really be THAT HARD to add in actual stealth gameplay?

9 - Why is it you can be on a rooftop and stab an archer in the back and plainly see one on the rooftop across from you, yet because you aren't in "targeting" distance he can't see you? Yea... good job mr lazy programmer(s).

10 - When you are following the courier to get the apple you are supposed to sneak past those guards into the area, kill the courier and take on his garb to assume his position. I threw a smoke bomb down in front of the guards at the entrance and then stabbed the courier as a guard who was 30ft away made some comment about me not looking like I belonged in there. At that point it went to the cutscene and the story progressed. Thanks again to that same programmer/programmers. Way to take me out the story.

11 - At the end of the game and the beginning... why do the Abstergo guards use batons? I could understand them not wanting to kill Desmond but did tasers mysteriously disappear by the year 2012? Granted those assassins are talented but I don't think they could counter a taser shot.

There was a lot more i noticed but that's all i can remember right now.

One last thing - although they didn't blatantly give you the same repetitive mission structure they did in the last game, for the most part all of your missions are the same **** over and over. Go here, kill these 3 guards. Go to the next place and kill those 3 guards. Go to this 3rd location and kill the last 3 guards. Next mission, go to this location and kill another guard, and then run halfway across Venice (ETA - 5 mins) to help some NPC fend off 3 guards. Next mission, go attack 3 guards and let 3 guys out of a cage. The guards 40ft away with their backs turned are deaf and cannot hear swords clanging. Go to the next location and kill 3 more guards to free 3 more guys from a cage, again with the deaf guards 40ft away not bothering you. It was the same **** over and over.

I'll bet OXM gives it a 9.0 or 9.5.

HateCliffhanger
11-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Its a game, they can't make everything so perfect for you. Alot of the game doesn't make sense thats the point its a game. If you don't like it don't play it.

Uhm, perhaps Ezio doesn't know how to use it properly? Perhaps he doesn't beleive in doing this? Perhaps Ubisoft just wanted to show off how much of a kick *** assassin Ezio is?

Your talking about a game.....Where people can pull these amazing stunts, jump off 20 story buildings into a bale of hay and not get a scratch? A game where they pretty much, use an orb to make people hallucinate?

Its the way the game was made, I killed 2 people, then 1, then another 1 without them noticing, it takes a while for the human mind to process whats going on, and I think Ubisoft worked it correctly.

Geography Maybe? Some places you can see the moon better than other places.

This isn't an MMORPG they can't constantly add stuff, you will eventually have alot of money.

Ita game, what do you expect? How ****ed would you be, you finally got all the feathers and you saw her sleeping, its the way the game is designed.

Like I said its a game. Ubisoft can't make everything perfect for you, stop thinking your so special.

An Assassination is killing someone, he can kill someone in plain sight, and it will still be an assination.
to kill suddenly or secretively, esp. a politically prominent person; murder premeditatedly and treacherously, is the dictionary reference. It may say secretly but it also sais suddenly, that means you can do it in broad day light. Look at Jfk's Assassination, it was all over T.V. seems pretty public to me.

Like I said its a game, they can't make everything perfect. PRogramming is pixels.

Its a game, Ubisoft wants you to use your surroundings, and use your items. I didn't use the smoke bomb, I just went in their and killed the guy secretly.

Like you said, they don't want to kill Desmond. And enough confusion shocks with a taser will kill you.

Care to elaborate?

Captain Tomatoz
11-27-2009, 01:03 AM
most of the stuff you said needed changing would really spoil the gameplay as the last level would be way to easy if you had an army at your side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Also not every game is perfect. I had loads of fun playing ac2 and it's probably the best game i have ever played.

observer2009
11-27-2009, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HateCliffhanger:
Its a game, they can't make everything so perfect for you. Alot of the game doesn't make sense thats the point its a game. If you don't like it don't play it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so next time you go see a movie and the plot doesn't make sense or is full of holes you should just say "oh well it's a movie, no biggie".

it's not JUST a game, it's a story. all of the stuff i have mentioned is fine for something like GTA but this is a story driven game.

you make some good points, and some lame ones. i have to disagree with you on the assassination thing. yea they blew JFK's melon open in broad daylight, but the assassin didn't walk right up to the car to do it did he? no, he was hidden? why? because that's what assassin's do, they stay out of sight. JFK's assassin was so well hidden that many of us to this day don't believe that Oswald was the shooter but that's another can of worms to be opened somewhere else.

Bottom line - they were lazy. They cut corners and it shows. It's moments like these that make me proud to be savvy enough to play the game without them getting any money for it.

AH-HA Ubi - joke's on you!

MystikReyne
11-27-2009, 08:10 AM
you are right and there are plus more of these.

Ubisof should have wait to master the game.
You are an assassin not a barbarian.

Iwas able wtf to slay the whole venice with not particular difficulty.

So i think ubisoft programers maybe they are fans of conan.

Who knows maybe next game from ubisoft whould be barbarians creed

Although i enjoyed the game specialy the ending i was expecting a lot more from ubisoft and their francize title.

Silhouelle
11-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Don't think I've seen someone complain as much as yourself... wow. As for the guard/courier bit. The "lazy" programmers took you out of the experience? It was supposed to be stealthy, and staying out of sight, yet you run in with smoke bombs and stuff? Your own fault the immersion got ruined there. xD

AetosEagle
11-27-2009, 09:09 AM
This guy is completely right. Everything he said made sense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Like I said its a game. Ubisoft can't make everything perfect for you, stop thinking your so special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehem, they wouldn't be making it perfect for him, they would be making it perfect for everybody, all he's doing is putting across very VALID points.

Most of your responses consist of "its a game" or "can't make it perfect for you".

Ezio's mother and sister could've played a huge role in the game, but instead they sat for TEN YEARS doing nothing. And literally, nothing. You try doing that.

It certainly does look like they cut corners. It's like they improved AC1 with the repetetiveness, but focused less on things that made the Assassins Creed we all know and love - Assassiny and Creedy.

Tricai
11-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, a modern day assassin CAN stay out of sight and say, shoot from a distance. But assassins in medieval times didn't have such weapons (excluding the one with hidden blade that Ezio gets in the end of the game, but I bet it wasn't all that advanced of a gun either)
in fact, all they had were blades. So when you're off to kill your target in public, you don't have much of a choice but sneak right next to him and stab. Naturally, the crowd around will notice. You just have to run away and hide from the guards after assasination.

So yeah, I don't see this whole 'not-staying-hidden' point as a problem. That's how the game works, and that's how it worked even in history itself, I bet.

Besides, I think I've read around that assassins, in fact, used to assasinate their targets in public, so that the word would spread around fast and cause fear in the area, also working as a warning to others who possibly could go as their next target.

edit: as for the other points, I do agree the end was a bit of unnatural, Ezio being stabbed in the chest, yet he rose up perfectly fine and went up for a fist fight.
And Ezio's mother and sister COULD have done something else in the game, I agree. whole 10+ years doing nothing else but sitting or kneeling feels kinda awkward. D: But then again, they were mainly the characters to introduce the story, before it all centered up to Ezio and his assasinating work, after which they became mere side characters in the Villa. But yeah, I would have also loved to see how they do through all those years, myself.

jasminam
11-27-2009, 09:29 AM
For the time being, please use the Hints&Tips forum for discussions with possible spoilers, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
That being said, I'm moving this thread.

DarkAutocon
11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by observer2009:
you make some good points, and some lame ones. i have to disagree with you on the assassination thing. yea they blew JFK's melon open in broad daylight, but the assassin didn't walk right up to the car to do it did he? no, he was hidden? why? because that's what assassin's do, they stay out of sight. JFK's assassin was so well hidden that many of us to this day don't believe that Oswald was the shooter but that's another can of worms to be opened somewhere else.

You say assassins keep well hidden, but can you remind me how Abraham Lincoln was assassinated?

Sren001
11-27-2009, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by observer2009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HateCliffhanger:
Its a game, they can't make everything so perfect for you. Alot of the game doesn't make sense thats the point its a game. If you don't like it don't play it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so next time you go see a movie and the plot doesn't make sense or is full of holes you should just say "oh well it's a movie, no biggie".

it's not JUST a game, it's a story. all of the stuff i have mentioned is fine for something like GTA but this is a story driven game.

Bottom line - they were lazy. They cut corners and it shows. It's moments like these that make me proud to be savvy enough to play the game without them getting any money for it.

AH-HA Ubi - joke's on you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you complaining if you didnt pay anything for the game?

Get a grip and a life dude.

jordiboy01
11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
wow u complain alot i think u r being mega picky. o and uve contradicted yorself. u say that assassins shouldnt kill right next to there target and then u say u went in throwin a smoke bomb in there faces. a durr...

o and about the Ezios mum and sis thing. u r living through memorys no wat he did step by step. his mum consantly praying is wat ezio remembers happening up until u get all the feathers (im guessing she moves wen u get all feathers cos i aint got them all yet) and so a new memory starts. as for his sister didnt she say that she has to do loads of work for yor uncle and yor not at the villa all day she could be doin anything then but its not important cos yor not there!

hi im new ive been readin loads of the topics but this one i just had to comment on due to fact that this guy has no idea of gaming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Craddok
11-27-2009, 06:28 PM
You do realize that developers have a deadline, right? A budget? A company can't take as long as they like and spend as much money as they like to create a game. They have to decide how to spend their time, and in the process some things are left out. If they'd taken the time to make Maria get up and walk around every once in a while then they wouldn't have had time for something else - sure Maria is up and moving but those guards would've been able to freerun. In a perfect world a game could be made with no limitations. They'd have all the money and resources they need and all the time in the world. But this isn't a perfect world. Get used to it and stop complaining about irrelevant details.

Try to enjoy the amazing gameplay and fascinating plot and forget about all the little things they had to leave out, for God's sake.

Deity Matrix
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Well said Craddok. To the point, 3 things to say to the OP.

-Ever hear of monks? Or anyone else in history who lives a simple life or has been severely traumatized? Ezio's mother prays all the time because of what happened to her family and when you go in there, that's all she does! You see what she spends most of her time doing, not eating and going to the bathroom, etc.

-See above comment. Additionally, Claudia said her Uncle made her work there: meaning she LIVES there at the villa as well as working at her JOB. Those are the kinds of things that one does every day for ten years in that situation. Ezio's been a freakin assassin for 23 years! He's 40 at the end of the game, so I think the time passage isn't too dramatic with his family

-Lastly, and most importantly: At the end of the game when Ezio is stabbed and his wound instantly vanishes along with his blood, one can assume one of 3 things-somehow the piece of eden allowed him to heal instantly-the stab was an illusion-or perhaps Ezio is simply a badass(ever seen Inigo at the end of The Princess Bride? Or the end of Gladiator? (which is a worse wound anyway))

The OP's reasoning is childish and irrelevant. None of the "faults" listed is a game breaker. Perhaps his perception of the game's immersion factor was ruined because he could tell it was just a game, but other than that these problems and complaints are trivial.

Edit: As hilarious as the OP's comments were, I still have to say he has an unpleasant way of sounding like a pathetic movie critic who gives 300 a bad review because it's "unrealistic" or some BS like that, for example. Seriously....it deserves at least the 9.0 it got from OXM.

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Developers have to make a choice between realism and enjoyment, not to mention the limitations of how much data a disk can contain. Sure it might only be a few megabytes to have Ezio's sister have a day/night schedule but thats a few megabytes that could be used to store data for a kick *** mission.

If we want true realism the templars after the Pazzi family was killed should have stormed the Villa and killed every man, woman, child, burnt the whole thing to the ground and station guards to kill anyone that comes within a mile of the site regardless JUST to be safe.

Lets look at it another way. TV shows are given 45 minutes per episode and often will produce about an hour worth of footage worthy of being aired. Do they just chop off the last 15 minutes or do they take a minute out here, a minute out there and so on? Its the same situation here. Sure maybe they had his sister have a day night schedule but due to disk size, couldnt allow it.

Edengoth
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok, as for the "assassins are sneaky" thing...
Did
you
play
Assassin's
Creed
1?
The Hashashin (the original "assassins") made a POINT of making a public display of their killings. This showed clearly in AC1 (Yeah, NOBODY saw you murder Maj'd Addin onstage. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )
If anything should p*ss you off, it should be that the control HUD calls stealthily killing a nameless, faceless guard "assassinate". Assassination is generally considered the murder of a notable public figure for reasons of politics or justice.

Black_Widow9
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Please post in one of these threads-
[READ FIRST] Community Feedback/Wishlists/Support (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1581091808)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>