PDA

View Full Version : New B25 Models.........

LEBillfish
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi All & 1c;

It's fairly well known and understood we can expect no more added planes if not submitted to 1c X months ago.......Fair enough and makes sense really. Yet I wonder how difficult it would be to add some planes we already have as AI......

A prime example is the B25. We have the exterior models, have the FM, have the DM.....Just no cockpit or gunner positions for all but 1. So that makes me wonder, how difficult would it be to shift what we have internal position wise to the other B-25's we now have as AI......

If there was no front gunner/bombadier position...Fine leave it out....No tail gunner, peachy, just leave it out.....Lastly for a belly gunner, just leave it A.I.. Really the other versions were very important in the Pacific theatre....and unless the pilot position (don't know much about B25's) is radically different, I'm at a loss as to why these could not be easily included?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LEBillfish
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi All & 1c;

It's fairly well known and understood we can expect no more added planes if not submitted to 1c X months ago.......Fair enough and makes sense really. Yet I wonder how difficult it would be to add some planes we already have as AI......

A prime example is the B25. We have the exterior models, have the FM, have the DM.....Just no cockpit or gunner positions for all but 1. So that makes me wonder, how difficult would it be to shift what we have internal position wise to the other B-25's we now have as AI......

If there was no front gunner/bombadier position...Fine leave it out....No tail gunner, peachy, just leave it out.....Lastly for a belly gunner, just leave it A.I.. Really the other versions were very important in the Pacific theatre....and unless the pilot position (don't know much about B25's) is radically different, I'm at a loss as to why these could not be easily included?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

stansdds
02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
There are differences in the cockpits. The C and D versions are the same, but the G and H have no co-pilot seat and a different instrument layout. The J brought back the copilot seat and yet another instrument layout. The C, D, and G also have the upper turret behind the bomb bay, so their is a significant diffence in the view looking aft from the pilot's position.

p1ngu666
02-20-2006, 10:19 AM
we could have a j solid nose, and one without 50cals fixed on the nose, so it could be used as a level bomber (they currently dive and strafe the targets)

CornbreadPattie
02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes Danjama, that's exactly what we need!

Tater-SW-
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, the B/C/D models would require a completely new cockpit because the J turret is virtually in the cockpit.

As was said, there are two SIMPLE flyable variants that could be added that only require minor external model changes, and one actually involves removing an internal position.

B-25J field mod strafer. Add 4 fixed 50 cal to glass nose, fix current flex in nose forward and fire with pilot trigger. Allow glass to be painted over (remove the alpha mask or whatever for the glass).; Delete the bombabdier/nose gunner position.

B-25J: Delete cheek guns.

AI-only B25 mods:
B-25C: Delete the remote bellyturret, they were almost always removed.

B-25D: Add 4 guns to glass nose B-25B/C, allow nose glass to be painted. Add cheeck guns from the -25G, delete belly turret.

On a related note, the A-20G should have the belly gun deleted, it was never used in the PTO (dunno about ETO), they ripped them out in favor of a rearward facing BDA camera.

tater

A.K.Davis
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
Yeah, the B/C/D models would require a completely new cockpit because the J turret is virtually in the cockpit.

As was said, there are two SIMPLE flyable variants that could be added that only require minor external model changes, and one actually involves removing an internal position.

B-25J field mod strafer. Add 4 fixed 50 cal to glass nose, fix current flex in nose forward and fire with pilot trigger. Allow glass to be painted over (remove the alpha mask or whatever for the glass).; Delete the bombabdier/nose gunner position.

B-25J: Delete cheek guns.

AI-only B25 mods:
B-25C: Delete the remote bellyturret, they were almost always removed.

B-25D: Add 4 guns to glass nose B-25B/C, allow nose glass to be painted. Add cheeck guns from the -25G, delete belly turret.

On a related note, the A-20G should have the belly gun deleted, it was never used in the PTO (dunno about ETO), they ripped them out in favor of a rearward facing BDA camera.

tater </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, the Russians used the belly gun, so it should remain barring the creation of a separate Russian version (not going to happen). We may, however, still see the A-20C surface at some point.

Anyways, Billfish, I think you know that MG is pretty firm about not substituting internals to make an AI flyable.

stansdds
02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
A field modified B-25J strafer would be the easiest. A true solid nosed B-25J would require a modified 3D model.

mandrill7
02-20-2006, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
we could have a j solid nose, and one without 50cals fixed on the nose, so it could be used as a level bomber (they currently dive and strafe the targets) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tater-SW-
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
No need for a separate russian A-20G, the belly gun is already done. Simply add a version MINUS the belly gun. A trivial external change, and internally it merely requires deleting a position.

Seems like if there are really trivial variants, they should get done if possible. Heck, on the same line I'd like variants of major fighter types in game with one simple change---NO ORDNANCE. The FM/DMs are all done, it'd be a cut and paste job. The utility would be for online play that would force fighters to be fighters so that bombing objectives would require, &lt;shock&gt;, bombers.

tater

JG53Frankyboy
02-21-2006, 01:40 AM
thats the happiness of COOP online play - weaponrestriction ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nevertheless, the BoB/Desastersoft dogfightservers is using a scripted dogfightservertool that is allowing weaponrestrictions too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feathered_IV
02-21-2006, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
we could have a j solid nose, and one without 50cals fixed on the nose, so it could be used as a level bomber (they currently dive and strafe the targets) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

A.K.Davis
02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
No need for a separate russian A-20G, the belly gun is already done. Simply add a version MINUS the belly gun. A trivial external change, and internally it merely requires deleting a position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Explain to me how that is not a new version. A version with "trivial" external and internal changes is still a new version.

Tater-SW-
02-21-2006, 01:59 PM
We wouldn;t need a new version for the RUSSIAN A-20G. You said we'd need a new one for that "so it should remain barring the creation of a separate Russian version (not going to happen)." I was suggesting a new one for the PTO.

Alternately, a "new" version that is identical except it has a zero ammo loadout for the belly gun. No new anything needed for that.

tater

A.K.Davis
02-21-2006, 02:49 PM
We wouldn;t need a new version for the RUSSIAN A-20G. You said we'd need a new one for that "so it should remain barring the creation of a separate Russian version (not going to happen)." I was suggesting a new one for the PTO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not say "new," I said separate version. You would have 2 A-20G models, one for Russia and one for U.S., otherwise the changes get applied to Russian aircraft also. Anyways, the changes would require a different 3D model, different skin and different coding. Somebody would have to do the 3D work/texturing and that is not very likely at this point (as has been belabored to death already).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Alternately, a "new" version that is identical except it has a zero ammo loadout for the belly gun. No new anything needed for that.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pointless. Go to the belly gunner position and turn the autopilot off.

Tater, I know you care deeply about the PTO, but you need to realize that the A-20G was not created just for the Pacific and the modellers did not screw-up and create a non-standard PTO A-20G. They created a standard A-20G, used in many places around the world.

Platypus_1.JaVA
02-23-2006, 09:33 AM
I think no American aircraft will be added anymore.