PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Hassan Ibn-Sabbah, please tone down the physics

Kay Thaxby
06-24-2018, 03:04 PM
I've never begged a developer for a feature before, but holy crap. The people look like literal ragdolls, made of paper, on a planet with low gravity, particularly when using the Spartan Kick (which I'm sure would be perfectly effective if it only pushed the target back half as far as it does now). And while the ability to remove an opponent's shield is cool, I'm not sure why it comes with the ability to instantly transform the shield into a polystyrene frisbee. The crazy physics really spoil the look of the combat (and by extension the overall tone of the game), and I would guess that the problem can be fixed by just tweaking a few numbers?

ProdiGurl
06-24-2018, 03:35 PM
This is one thing that can be changed in time for release & I agree - that would be unless there's some kind of power/ability (like mythos related ) that warrants it, but even still, it doesn't seem appropriate to the game.

Another similar concern was basic movement being 'clunky' and off. (Mainly with Alexios). It can definitely be a serious problem if not addressed (but could have been just an early gameplay release for E3 and not permanent)

Kay Thaxby
06-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Well, magical powers are as magical as the devs want them to be, aren't they? They don't have look ridiculous if the devs don't want them to.

I suspect the shield thing is because they don't have an animation for an NPC to pick his shield back up off the floor, so they had to make sure the shield lands miles away from the NPC. But Jesus, just make it so that NPCs don't pick up shields once they've dropped them, even if the shield is only a few feet away. It's a bit unrealistic, sure, but it's not as blatantly absurd-looking as the Paper Plate Discus Throwdown.

Megas_Doux
06-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Indeed, the whole kick thing looks too OP. Are we playing kratos now? haha.

karoomii
06-24-2018, 05:41 PM
That was funny to read lol. Yeah, every NPC ragdolls like crazy. Very cartoonish. I’m just not gonna invest in any perk that has any outrageous animation like the spartan kick. I wish the developers didn’t have to make them so ridiculous to the point where I feel like I shouldn’t invest in them.

ProdiGurl
06-24-2018, 06:05 PM
But there's plenty of time for them to adjust this - I don't mind some power if I choose an ability but unless it's a Supernatural power, it shouldn't be that drastic =)

quanzaizai
06-24-2018, 06:35 PM
I was worry about that before then I realise it was ok in stage demo. Then I look into every youtuber those skill are level 2. Maybe in level 1 the phýic gonna be alright

Swailing
06-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Well, magical powers are as magical as the devs want them to be, aren't they? They don't have look ridiculous if the devs don't want them to.

I suspect the shield thing is because they don't have an animation for an NPC to pick his shield back up off the floor, so they had to make sure the shield lands miles away from the NPC. But Jesus, just make it so that NPCs don't pick up shields once they've dropped them, even if the shield is only a few feet away. It's a bit unrealistic, sure, but it's not as blatantly absurd-looking as the Paper Plate Discus Throwdown.

If that's the case, I think it would be a good solution if the shield was dropped near the NPC, and if near it, the NPC would nervously reach their fingertips towards the shield occasionally while keeping watch on the player. To stop the animation looking weird if repeated too often, occasionally the NPC would break into combat strafing after a couple of seconds of this (as if they were deciding, "Nope, I'll never reach it in time; she/he will kill me before I can pick it up").

I think that would look believable and also add something to the sense of the NPCs as living entities.

TheCool5579
06-25-2018, 05:38 PM
By the Nine ! I thought I was alone. The distance enemies travel after a Spartan Kick is insane. They fly or sail way too far. Perhaps Alexios and Kassandra squat 500 to 1 ton a piece. How strong would your legs have to be to kick someone that far ? Or how much momentum would you need ? Another concern is it should take a bit of health away. It is hilarious but very funny. It is like the Naked Gun movie series mixed with Assassins Creed. It cracks me up when ever I see it. I hope its not removed because its funny. They should add the quote he gave when he used it in the movie. They probably wont add the quote because WB and Zack Snyder will have to get paid. Therefore I will have to mod it in myself.

Frag_Maniac
06-26-2018, 12:21 AM
...particularly when using the Spartan Kick (which I'm sure would be perfectly effective if it only pushed the target back half as far as it does now). And while the ability to remove an opponent's shield is cool, I'm not sure why it comes with the ability to instantly transform the shield into a polystyrene frisbee.
Agreed, and it makes it even harder to stomach when we are told the reason we can't use shields is because the hero is not a Spartan anymore, yet they obviously went out of their way to make his moves look that of a super Spartan. Except for the Frisbee toss. Maybe he's part Captain America too. LOL