PDA

View Full Version : Feat Balance : can we get something else than "soon" ??

We.the.North
06-24-2018, 05:56 AM
Title.

When's the next balance pass on feats. The vast majority of the community agrees feats are clearly unbalanced right now. 2 warriors den ago, you guys even said you were looking at some feats in particular and you even named Fiat Lux as "problematic" based on the impact it has on a game for a tier 2 feat.

So, Ubisoft, when's the next balance pass on feats ??

BadBOO17
06-24-2018, 08:06 AM
Seriously need to get rid of all the AOE feats, all the projectiles, bleed feats, kensei unblockable feat, and whatever oros broken feat is called. Im completely fine with the healing, damage buffs, debuffing, sprints speed, and other passives like killing minions for health, cents gaining punch damage, highlands passive consecutive hits damage buff and other passives like that(except rock steady screw that feat).

ArmoredChocobo
06-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Level 1 stun and stamina drain feats gotta go. All of em. They’re all too powerful to get by simply killing minions.

Bombs need a longer timer, longer cooldowns, or less damage. Right now they’re just “Well I guess I’m at half-health/stunned/on fire now”.

Catapult needs a major rework. The catapult shot lands before the audio of it launching even finishes playing, it’s that quick. I doubt the Knights invented teleportation.

Nail Bomb is a death sentence. The only thing comparable is nobushi’s fire mine, and that doesn’t doom the victim to burn to death, so why should this invisible trap bleed everyone to death?

Jedijrobbie
06-25-2018, 01:36 AM
Bombs and whatever level 1 feat Orochi uses needs to be seriously looked at. Having multiple Lawbringers in a game is not fun in dominion. Same goes for Orochi and their ability to remove your stamina at almost every battle. Die quickly, come back into fight quickly, Orochi has his feat back up already. **** needs to be moved to tier 3 or 4.

SangLong524
06-25-2018, 01:42 AM
It comes when it comes. There no point in keeping talking a pointless talk . Let the devs work.
Feats doesnt impact my game much. But it sounds like apocalypse in this forum.

IllegalFishButt
06-25-2018, 04:19 AM
Remember that everyone has access to feats, and that feats are derivative of your own performance.
The point of feats is to encourage players to complete objectives such as capturing points, killing enemies and clearing minions.
Utilize your own feats as well, youre not restricted to use them.

We.the.North
06-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Remember that everyone has access to feats,

HAHAHAHAHAHA ... true. You are very much correct sir.

But even you must agree some feats are quite overpowered compared to others. Look at knight feats, then look at samurai feats. Except very few exceptions, their power level are so far appart, they're not even in the same galaxy.

Having multiple Lawbringers in a game is not fun in dominion.

Unless I'm playing with people on my friendlist, I quit every single games of Dominion with 2+ Lawbringers. It's even more annoying when all they do is run around and perform their poke move. (It's not good, but it's crazy annoying).

Let the devs work.

I very much doubt dropping us a little bit of information about the state of feat balance during the next Warrior's Den will slow down their feat rework progress.

ArmoredChocobo
06-25-2018, 04:56 AM
Remember that everyone has access to feats, and that feats are derivative of your own performance.
The point of feats is to encourage players to complete objectives such as capturing points, killing enemies and clearing minions.
Utilize your own feats as well, youre not restricted to use them.

Everyone has access to feats IF they're playing the same class. Might as well say "Go Knights or gtfo" because they have most of the feats that the community finds as the most game-breaking.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 10:07 AM
the kai stun feat is the worst and most annoying, recovery is sooooo long and it regens too quickly and its only a level 1 feat.

Charmzzz
06-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Feats that need looking at (imo):

- Kiai Stun (Oro Level 1)
- Fiat Lux (Knight Level 2)
- Pugno Mortis (Knight Level 3)
- Catapult (Knight Level 4)
- Centurion Spear
- Fire-Flask (Viking Level 4), but this is not as bad as Catapult and Nail-Bomb are
- Nail-Bomb (Shaman Level 4)
- Stun Trap (Viking Level 1)
- Arrow Storm (Samuraio Level 4), but this is not as bad as Catapult and Nail-Bomb are
- Fire-Trap (Nobushi Level 4)

They all need serious reworks, I would nerf the Damage values (on AOE) or Cooldowns (on Kiai e.g.) by a large margin. Let the Fights decide the outcome, not instant "I win" Buttons or Traps.

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Feats that need looking at (imo):

- Kiai Stun (Oro Level 1)
- Fiat Lux (Knight Level 2)
- Pugno Mortis (Knight Level 3)
- Catapult (Knight Level 4)
- Centurion Spear
- Fire-Flask (Viking Level 4), but this is not as bad as Catapult and Nail-Bomb are
- Nail-Bomb (Shaman Level 4)
- Stun Trap (Viking Level 1)
- Arrow Storm (Samuraio Level 4), but this is not as bad as Catapult and Nail-Bomb are
- Fire-Trap (Nobushi Level 4)

They all need serious reworks, I would nerf the Damage values (on AOE) or Cooldowns (on Kiai e.g.) by a large margin. Let the Fights decide the outcome, not instant "I win" Buttons or Traps.

agreed but ill add kensei unblockables feat although I love kensei and he's my favourite hero but his level 4 feat is crazy good, spam lights and all day and hardly ever gets parried so its free kills.

Charmzzz
06-25-2018, 10:46 AM
agreed but ill add kensei unblockables feat although I love kensei and he's my favourite hero but his level 4 feat is crazy good, spam lights and all day and hardly ever gets parried so its free kills.

Oh yeah, I forgot that BS feat. Thanks for adding it. :)

Edit: I would even say "Remove all of those Feats". Like for real, all of the listed, remove them. Give only 3 Feats to everyone, only the weak and passive ones. I don't need Feats at all, I enjoy the fighting, not the clicking and targeting. ^^

DrinkinMehStella
06-25-2018, 11:02 AM
I think anything that is insta death should go, the mist annoying thing is playing dominion and its been a really good and close game and your both breaking only for your whole team to get catapulted to me that too easy and and takes away the skill side of things.

PDXGorechild
06-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Agree. Feats are actually putting me off playing at the moment along with the deathball meta and the fact every mode but dominion is dead on PS4. Feats, gank squads and dominion all go hand-in-hand as well.

Seems like half of the deaths I get in every game are as a result of enemy feats which is ridiculous. I just wanna engage in some good old fashioned melee, not a traps and projectiles competition with boulders flying down from the sky and constant explosions causing me to go out of stamina.

I'd like to see;

1. More passive feats.
2. Projectiles being higher up the unlock tree and the speed/damage normalised between factions.
3. Total removal of Catapult, Fire flask, Arrow storm, Javelin storm, Nail and Fire trap. Failing this the damage needs to be reduced drastically.
4. A limit to how many traps you have. 2 per game seems fine to me. I don't mind traps being powerful if you have to use them strategically rather than just dropping one every time you re-spawn.
5. Bleed clearly needs a nerf.
6. Remove synergy between active feats. Ubi made some steps toward this a while ago but targeted the wrong feats imo. (Like making "Berserk" useless when it wasn't as bad as some others). I think fire flask is lame so I always roll with bleed and fear itself, which is ridiculous tbh. One zone attack from my Berserker and you'll almost bleed to death. If one feat gives you a damage buff, no other damage buffs should stack. If there are several buffs, like banners and personal ones, it should take the highest value, not all of them. I don't think there should be any scenario where a player can kill another at full health with 2 attacks.

UbiInsulin
06-25-2018, 09:17 PM
@We.the.North They weren't able to give an ETA on the next balance pass when they responded to your question on the WD you're referring to, and to my knowledge there still isn't an ETA. But I know this is a big area of effect concern for a lot of you, so I'll make sure to notify the team about this thread.

PDXGorechild
06-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Rock steady and Kensei's unblockable feat are also total BS.