PDA

View Full Version : Just Got For Honor

RagingSurfer
06-24-2018, 04:28 AM
I recently bought For Honor on Xbox One and so far, overall, I'm enjoying it. However, there are some issues with it that effect my enjoyment.

Hero

Currently I am playing the Gladiator and I have been playing him only so far. I like the hero but I think there are a few things that needs to change on him. I think his guard needs to last a little longer. It also seems like the reaction time between me changing the direction of my guard to the guard actually changing is a bit slow. I don't know if it's a result of this particular hero, of lag and bugs in the game, or a combination of the two. Either way, I think that needs to be improved. Another thing that needs I think needs to be changes is the time an attack can be initiated after preforming Fuscina Ictus needs to be shorten. I feel it takes to long to attack after using it which can lead to missing an opportunity for doing damage. One last thing with the Gladiator is that I think his Light Attack speed needs to be increased, just by a second or two, and the animation needs to be a little less dramatic. The attack appears like it's being winding up for a light heavy attack rather than a quick stab with the spear. I feel it makes it more readable. I'm not looking to make the Gladiator into a Light Attack spamming machine, I just feel it's a bit slow. Overall I enjoy playing the gladiator but I feel that these changes would improve the hero.

Combat

The only thing I have to say about Combat in general is that I don't really like how some of the attacks, when you dodge them, follow you like homing missiles. I've dodge a several attacks that still end up doing damage to me because the character takes unnaturally sharp turns or can somehow rotate their bodies 90 degrees in mid air. I can understand if there is a mechanic in the game that has attacks follow a target to an extent but it should be so severe that it makes dodging unreasonably difficult.

Game Features

The only thing I have to say about this aspect is with regards to buying silver. I might be beating a dead horse here but I feel like I should say something. Ubisoft, this game is pay to win to some extent. Considering that you can buy silver and then spend it to buy packs too get better gear reminds me a lot of Star Wars Battlefront 2. I understand that certain game modes don't use the stats bonuses from armor but that's not all game modes. In the modes that do that can be a disadvantage. I know that you need to make a profit but this is not okay. Now I have done this once and I don't plan on doing it again, but after doing it I felt kind of crappy. What you could do instead is make the currency you can purchase something different, say gold, and use that currency to buy things that are superficial. Things like Ornaments, Executions, and Animations as examples and leave silver as something that can only be earned through play and is used to purchase upgrades and packs. This would still allow you to make a profit while making the game not pay to win. It would also reduce the grind by allowing players to use their silver on packs instead of saving a ridiculous amount for Ornaments, Executions, and etc.

These are just my thoughts of what I think of For Honor so far. If anyone bothers to read this I would like to hear your opinion. I am still very new to the game and have a lot to learn, improve, and understand.

Archo-Vax
06-24-2018, 05:23 AM
I recently bought For Honor on Xbox One and so far, overall, I'm enjoying it. However, there are some issues with it that effect my enjoyment.

Hero

Currently I am playing the Gladiator and I have been playing him only so far. I like the hero but I think there are a few things that needs to change on him. I think his guard needs to last a little longer. It also seems like the reaction time between me changing the direction of my guard to the guard actually changing is a bit slow. I don't know if it's a result of this particular hero, of lag and bugs in the game, or a combination of the two. Either way, I think that needs to be improved. Another thing that needs I think needs to be changes is the time an attack can be initiated after preforming Fuscina Ictus needs to be shorten. I feel it takes to long to attack after using it which can lead to missing an opportunity for doing damage. One last thing with the Gladiator is that I think his Light Attack speed needs to be increased, just by a second or two, and the animation needs to be a little less dramatic. The attack appears like it's being winding up for a light heavy attack rather than a quick stab with the spear. I feel it makes it more readable. I'm not looking to make the Gladiator into a Light Attack spamming machine, I just feel it's a bit slow. Overall I enjoy playing the gladiator but I feel that these changes would improve the hero.

Combat

The only thing I have to say about Combat in general is that I don't really like how some of the attacks, when you dodge them, follow you like homing missiles. I've dodge a several attacks that still end up doing damage to me because the character takes unnaturally sharp turns or can somehow rotate their bodies 90 degrees in mid air. I can understand if there is a mechanic in the game that has attacks follow a target to an extent but it should be so severe that it makes dodging unreasonably difficult.

Game Features

The only thing I have to say about this aspect is with regards to buying silver. I might be beating a dead horse here but I feel like I should say something. Ubisoft, this game is pay to win to some extent. Considering that you can buy silver and then spend it to buy packs too get better gear reminds me a lot of Star Wars Battlefront 2. I understand that certain game modes don't use the stats bonuses from armor but that's not all game modes. In the modes that do that can be a disadvantage. I know that you need to make a profit but this is not okay. Now I have done this once and I don't plan on doing it again, but after doing it I felt kind of crappy. What you could do instead is make the currency you can purchase something different, say gold, and use that currency to buy things that are superficial. Things like Ornaments, Executions, and Animations as examples and leave silver as something that can only be earned through play and is used to purchase upgrades and packs. This would still allow you to make a profit while making the game not pay to win. It would also reduce the grind by allowing players to use their silver on packs instead of saving a ridiculous amount for Ornaments, Executions, and etc.

These are just my thoughts of what I think of For Honor so far. If anyone bothers to read this I would like to hear your opinion. I am still very new to the game and have a lot to learn, improve, and understand.

Come back after you've spent a month or two playing.

C4rmine52
06-24-2018, 07:58 AM
I stopped reading after you said for honor was pay to win... sorry bro. Canít stand when new people come to this game using The term P2W when they have absolutely no idea what theyíre even talking about. You only get good gear depending on what REP YOU ARE AT, no where is that P2W at all and gear isnít as strong as it used to be, someone with 10 gear score could still stomp someone with 180 gear scare easily if they have the skill trust me on that because I see it happen all the time. Donít come into a new game throwing the term P2W out when you have yet to figure out any aspects of the game and how it runs.

Halvtand
06-24-2018, 12:13 PM
There is no pay to win in this game, period.
The difference between max upgraded and minimum (grey) gear is smaller than the difference between no gear and minimum (grey) gear. Don't let the bars fool you, look at the numbers.
In order to get the highest tier of gear you still need to play your chosen hero up to at least reputation 7 (9 for refined gear).
By that time you should have plenty of chests and/or steel (not silver) to pimp your hero.
If not, play the sp campaign, you'll get what you need.

We are getting a few of these blatantly wrong and misrepresentative threads now. Starting to wonder if there are some salty players who left the game before and are now coming back, trying to pin FH as unbalanced and P2W to scare new players away. Regular players just takes one look at this stuff and dismiss it as wrong, but a new player won't know this. P2W is a hot potatoe right now.
Maybe I'm too far out, but the timing is suspicious.

Trenk2009
06-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Hi there, let's go point by point shall we.

1- Gladiator is already top tier and does not need a buff.
You've misunderstood to intent of the toe stab. It's not a controlling move made to inflict damage, it's an anti-turtle harassing move made to conditionate your opponent and thus mix it up with something like a gb to catch them trying to preentively dodge it.
Also, every Glad's lights are 500ms, which represent the usual speed of the fast/assassin lights; there is currently few cars capable of obtaining the fastest light speed of 400ms but considering the rest of Glad moveset, overfast lights aren't required.
As for the guard duration, it is indeed true that glad's guard is the shortest and I can agree with a little 100ms more.

2- Some attacks have more tracking and range than others it is true. But overall, getting hit by an attack you thought dodged simply usually means that you messed up your dodge timing/direction or that the attack has an undogeable property (blue ghost).

3- There is no pay to win in For Honor. Not only does gear doesn't give that much of an advantage, but the quality of the gear you owned strictly depends on the rep of your char, meaning that you can't have better gear just because you have a lot of money.

Nakunda
06-24-2018, 01:07 PM
I realize that as a new player, if you truly are a new player that this games learning curve can be quite daunting but you have also set yourself up for failure to a certain extent by playing one of the harder heroís in the game to learn with. Unfortunately along with shinobi the gladiator has one of the shortest reflex guards in the game and it can be challenging as a new player especially in 4v4 modes to effectively block or parry many of the incoming attacks with that guard.
In regards to your indicator looking as if it does not switch in time to block, even if your indicator doesnít show you blocking in that direction the game will still recognize your input (if you did indeed block) and block the attack. Keep in min with gladiator if you are taking multiple attacks in that direction you will need to change to another direction or return to neutral before you can guard that direction again. Moving from one direction to another is more effective and faster than returning to neutral.
As for your suggested changes to the hero, Gladiator does not need faster attacks as his lights come out plenty fast as it is. Gladiator is one of the best ďmix-upĒ heroís in the game and you should take him to the training arena to learn his feints/cancels that make him such a strong hero. He has been S tier for a long time for a reason and itís not because heís a light spam champion like some of the other Assassins. Keep practicing and try not to blame the game or the hero for your struggles and you will get better with time, good luck!

Music_4_Therapy
06-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Saying this game is pay to win because "buying gear" is idiotic considering gear isn't even taken into account in any of the ranked or duel/brawl gamemodes. Not to mention the time it takes to get your hero to the level required to equip said l33t gear is ample time to farm up the silver to get that gear, which all in all makes minimal difference.

As far as Gladiator needing changes... lol.

ArmoredChocobo
06-24-2018, 04:16 PM
The stat changes from gear is so laughable that theyíre cosmetic at best.

Charmzzz
06-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Just one thing that alot of people are wrong about: Glad is, by FAR, not Top Tier. He is one of the worst Heroes actually. Don't look at those "Tierlists" of Progamers only, look at the real Winrates:

S4: Duel 50%, Dominion 46% (second lowest)
S5: Duel 45% (2nd lowest), Dominion 44% (lowest)

Now tell me again that he is in a good spot. He will get Buffs for sure, Devs already confirmed it here: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-325754-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

His mixup potential is useless. No one falls for Skewer feints anymore and Toe Stab is dodged for a free GB more recently.

PDXGorechild
06-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Just one thing that alot of people are wrong about: Glad is, by FAR, not Top Tier. He is one of the worst Heroes actually. Don't look at those "Tierlists" of Progamers only, look at the real Winrates:

S4: Duel 50%, Dominion 46% (second lowest)
S5: Duel 45% (2nd lowest), Dominion 44% (lowest)

Now tell me again that he is in a good spot. He will get Buffs for sure, Devs already confirmed it here: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-325754-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

His mixup potential is useless. No one falls for Skewer feints anymore and Toe Stab is dodged for a free GB more recently.

Wow I couldn't see what was right in front of my face. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been niggling at the back of my mind for ages, why does everyone seem to think he's so good? I instinctively go for gladiators in group games because I know they're a soft target. I'm happy when I get matched against one for a duel and beat the vast majority of them. I guess I thought he was just easy prey for my main. Heh, shows how easy it is to fall into the trap of following what everyone else thinks.

Charmzzz
06-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Wow I couldn't see what was right in front of my face. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been niggling at the back of my mind for ages, why does everyone seem to think he's so good? I instinctively go for gladiators in group games because I know they're a soft target. I'm happy when I get matched against one for a duel and beat the vast majority of them. I guess I thought he was just easy prey for my main. Heh, shows how easy it is to fall into the trap of following what everyone else thinks.

Glad is considered High Tier by alot of mediocre Players. But in fact he has only one thing going for him - his almost unpunishable Zone. But if you dodge the Bash startup (600ms) he has to feint the followup or he will get parried. That's really it on Glad. Everything else is "meh" on him. Dodge-Bash guarantees no Damage, Skewer is feinted 99% of the time because everyone parries it, Toe Stab deals only 10 Damage and nets a free GB when dodged. Same for Dodge-Attacks - free GB if blocked. He has a 500ms lasting Guard which is SO fcking bad to block every slower move in the game and a Deflect which is completeley non-functional on Hyperarmor (you don't even trade then...).

But people refuse to see that Glad is nowhere near fine, and that for a very long time now.

RagingSurfer
06-27-2018, 03:38 AM
I appreciate those who provided useful information and constructive criticism. I have taken them under consideration. However, I feel that some of my opinions might have been misconstrued because I didnít explain them well enough or there was a negative perception on what I was saying as a result of recent posts ragging on the game from players who donít want to learn how to play.

To start off I want to reiterate something from my previous post. I ENJOY FOR HONOR. I got the game about two weeks or so ago and I am currently rep 3 level 11 on the Gladiator. Iíve had an overall good experience with the game thus far and plan on continuing to play. I use the training and trials often, but Iím still learning the ropes and have a long way to go. The ideas/opinions I propose are not to drag the game through the mud because I canít be uber Conan and slaughter everyone on day one. They are there to provide a perspective and open up discussion. With that said there are two points I want to revisit because I feel I may not have explained them very well.

Hero

With regard to the Gladiatorís Toe Stab, I still think that the time delay between using it and attacking should be decreased. I understand that the Gladiators about mind games and mix ups but if you take a look at his other guardbreak attacks the time between initiation and follow up attack are shorter than the toe stab and follow up attack. By decreasing the time not only could you take advantage of openings, but it would vary up the moves for the mind game gameplay.
As far as the Light Attack, Iím now on the fence, after feedback and more gameplay, whether it needs an increase in speed, less exaggerated movements, a slight increase in damage, or a combination of two or all three. I also think the Boleadoras needs an increase in trap time length.

Game Features

Now, regarding the pay to win discussion. I brought this up not to rag on the game, but to open an aspect of it that might turn players, who donít fully understand the game, away from it. If you reread my first post I said that it was pay to win to an extent. Meaning that PARTS of the game are pay to win, NOT the whole game. Furthermore, I also mention that certain game modes DONíT use the armor stats, referring back to me stating that NOT the whole game is pay to win. I also know that SKILL IS A MAJOR FACTOR. I have seen that and experienced it.
Now thatís out of the way letís take a look at the pay to win discussion. So, in the store, for $20, you can by 20000 steel with 5000 steel for free resulting in a total of 25000 steel. This steel can then be used to buy packs, upgrade gear, and buy cosmetics. Say you take two players of relatively equal skill using the same Hero at the same level, say rep 4 level 0. One player chooses to grind out the gear he needs other buys steel from the shop. The player who can buy steel will get the gear he needs not only much sooner but upgrade it to max level much sooner. Now letís say that after a few hours these two players meet, having all other things being equal, the player who bought steel would, on a technical level, have an advantage over the player who grinded for his gear.
Now some counter arguments against my opinion is that the stat changes from the armor are so low that it doesnít make any difference or itís not used in certain game modes. Now it is true that certain game modes donít use armor stats. However, regarding that and the low armor stats, why doesnít Ubisoft remove armor stats all together and just have set stats for all Heroes. By doing that there would be no way for someone to call the game pay to win and that nagging thought that you lost because of someone having better gear than you would be gone.
What Ubisoft could do instead is make everything cosmetic only using steel or direct purchases to get armor, weapon designs, and so on. Another thing they could do is have an upgrade system that can increase a particular stat you choose on your gear through the use of steel and salvage, both of which can only be earned through matches, orders, events, scrapping, etc. And say you want to change the stats you put points into, you could use steel and scrap to do a do over. As far as for cosmetics they could do a combination of earning them through completing, matches, leveling up, and direct purchases.
Another point in the store is the Feat Bundle, which could be seen as a pay to win feature if it works the way it says and as I think it does. The Feat Bundle costs 30000 steel ($25) and it unlocks all the Feats for all the base Heroes. Now this could be seen as a way to provide new players equal footing against older players who have most, if not all, Feats unlocked on the base Heroes. However, this could also be looked at as a way to provide new players an advantage over other new players. Just something to think about.

C4rmine52
06-27-2018, 06:01 PM
I appreciate those who provided useful information and constructive criticism. I have taken them under consideration. However, I feel that some of my opinions might have been misconstrued because I didnít explain them well enough or there was a negative perception on what I was saying as a result of recent posts ragging on the game from players who donít want to learn how to play.

To start off I want to reiterate something from my previous post. I ENJOY FOR HONOR. I got the game about two weeks or so ago and I am currently rep 3 level 11 on the Gladiator. Iíve had an overall good experience with the game thus far and plan on continuing to play. I use the training and trials often, but Iím still learning the ropes and have a long way to go. The ideas/opinions I propose are not to drag the game through the mud because I canít be uber Conan and slaughter everyone on day one. They are there to provide a perspective and open up discussion. With that said there are two points I want to revisit because I feel I may not have explained them very well.

Hero

With regard to the Gladiatorís Toe Stab, I still think that the time delay between using it and attacking should be decreased. I understand that the Gladiators about mind games and mix ups but if you take a look at his other guardbreak attacks the time between initiation and follow up attack are shorter than the toe stab and follow up attack. By decreasing the time not only could you take advantage of openings, but it would vary up the moves for the mind game gameplay.
As far as the Light Attack, Iím now on the fence, after feedback and more gameplay, whether it needs an increase in speed, less exaggerated movements, a slight increase in damage, or a combination of two or all three. I also think the Boleadoras needs an increase in trap time length.

Game Features

Now, regarding the pay to win discussion. I brought this up not to rag on the game, but to open an aspect of it that might turn players, who donít fully understand the game, away from it. If you reread my first post I said that it was pay to win to an extent. Meaning that PARTS of the game are pay to win, NOT the whole game. Furthermore, I also mention that certain game modes DONíT use the armor stats, referring back to me stating that NOT the whole game is pay to win. I also know that SKILL IS A MAJOR FACTOR. I have seen that and experienced it.
Now thatís out of the way letís take a look at the pay to win discussion. So, in the store, for $20, you can by 20000 steel with 5000 steel for free resulting in a total of 25000 steel. This steel can then be used to buy packs, upgrade gear, and buy cosmetics. Say you take two players of relatively equal skill using the same Hero at the same level, say rep 4 level 0. One player chooses to grind out the gear he needs other buys steel from the shop. The player who can buy steel will get the gear he needs not only much sooner but upgrade it to max level much sooner. Now letís say that after a few hours these two players meet, having all other things being equal, the player who bought steel would, on a technical level, have an advantage over the player who grinded for his gear.
Now some counter arguments against my opinion is that the stat changes from the armor are so low that it doesnít make any difference or itís not used in certain game modes. Now it is true that certain game modes donít use armor stats. However, regarding that and the low armor stats, why doesnít Ubisoft remove armor stats all together and just have set stats for all Heroes. By doing that there would be no way for someone to call the game pay to win and that nagging thought that you lost because of someone having better gear than you would be gone.
What Ubisoft could do instead is make everything cosmetic only using steel or direct purchases to get armor, weapon designs, and so on. Another thing they could do is have an upgrade system that can increase a particular stat you choose on your gear through the use of steel and salvage, both of which can only be earned through matches, orders, events, scrapping, etc. And say you want to change the stats you put points into, you could use steel and scrap to do a do over. As far as for cosmetics they could do a combination of earning them through completing, matches, leveling up, and direct purchases.
Another point in the store is the Feat Bundle, which could be seen as a pay to win feature if it works the way it says and as I think it does. The Feat Bundle costs 30000 steel ($25) and it unlocks all the Feats for all the base Heroes. Now this could be seen as a way to provide new players equal footing against older players who have most, if not all, Feats unlocked on the base Heroes. However, this could also be looked at as a way to provide new players an advantage over other new players. Just something to think about.

You seem to come off as a nice and genuine guy, but Iím sorry man you donít seem to know about what youíre talking about. Especially that u just tried using the purchasable feats as an example of a type
Of P2W.
Pretty sure you unlock all feats at lvl 15? And that takes only a couple matches. P2W- ďGames that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

P2W-ďBetter ExperienceĒ includes in game advantages, stronger in game gear or anything that makes the paying players stand above the free players. Ē

"Pay To Win. When you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months)."

For Honor? Is none of these. Theirs no P2W in this game. Buying DLC heroís isnít P2W either, the original cast can take down DLC heroís with ease depending on both of the players skills, because as much as I hate to say it For honor? Isnít a game where you can spam and mash buttons and win, you have to know what youíre doing. Unless youíre playing Dominion ofc :)

Halvtand
06-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Now, regarding the pay to win discussion. I brought this up not to rag on the game, but to open an aspect of it that might turn players, who don’t fully understand the game, away from it. If you reread my first post I said that it was pay to win to an extent. Meaning that PARTS of the game are pay to win, NOT the whole game. Furthermore, I also mention that certain game modes DON’T use the armor stats, referring back to me stating that NOT the whole game is pay to win. I also know that SKILL IS A MAJOR FACTOR. I have seen that and experienced it.
This seems to be where your experience differs from those that has replied to you already. We’re not saying that the whole game is P2W or that the whole game is not P2W. We’re not even talking about parts of the game being or not being P2W. We’re all saying that there is NO P2W in For Honor.
Dropping cash on this game will have you looking fabulous and that’s all. In fact, dropping cash on this game to get steel to rank up your gear before you’ve hit reputation 9 with your desired hero is only waste of money.

Now that’s out of the way let’s take a look at the pay to win discussion. So, in the store, for $20, you can by 20000 steel with 5000 steel for free resulting in a total of 25000 steel. This steel can then be used to buy packs, upgrade gear, and buy cosmetics. Say you take two players of relatively equal skill using the same Hero at the same level, say rep 4 level 0. One player chooses to grind out the gear he needs other buys steel from the shop. The player who can buy steel will get the gear he needs not only much sooner but upgrade it to max level much sooner. Now let’s say that after a few hours these two players meet, having all other things being equal, the player who bought steel would, on a technical level, have an advantage over the player who grinded for his gear.
No.
As I stated earlier, if you do anything to your gear before rep 9 you’re just wasting resources. Furthermore, completing the daily missions and the single player story and the tutorials (which everyone should do) should have you set to fully upgrade your first hero when it’s time to do so. The only difference in your scenario is that one player will have a lot more steel than the other. If that player has spent that steel on his gear “after a few hours” of playtime he’s just wasting it as the difference at that level will just barely be measurable and will not be noticeable at all.

Now some counter arguments against my opinion is that the stat changes from the armor are so low that it doesn’t make any difference or it’s not used in certain game modes. Now it is true that certain game modes don’t use armor stats. However, regarding that and the low armor stats, why doesn’t Ubisoft remove armor stats all together and just have set stats for all Heroes. By doing that there would be no way for someone to call the game pay to win and that nagging thought that you lost because of someone having better gear than you would be gone.
This is a discussion for another thread (just to keep things nice and tidy), but there are players arguing to remove stats from the game and only have gear be cosmetic. One reasoning behind it is that it would keep threads like this one from spawning in which an uninformed player sees that things can be bought for real money and immediately cry P2W. Keeping the same structure in the game (loot tiers and levels) would still make playing the game enjoyable as you unlock new cool stuff as you play.

As P2W-schemes goes this one is even tamer than what we see in Warframe, a game praised for it’s fair microtransactions. Unlocking all feats for all beginner heroes may sound like an advantage, but only if you actually want to play with something else than the first feats. Unlocking all feats for a hero takes only a few matches in which time you also get to practice using them.
So let’s give you this. The bundle could be interpreted as a P2W-mechanic. However, all this P2W does is give you a very subjective (depends on which feats you really want) and very slight advantage (feats are not all that if you play well) in the first few hours of gameplay. After that the board is even again and you just wasted money on nothing. I’m not even kidding, I even had to look up if this bundle really exists because it is such a bad deal. I truly hope no one has actually bought it.
So once again, before you start berating a game for being P2W you should look at the actual mechanics involved and see what they do. You’re just making assumptions at this point, and at worst you’re so wrong that you’re not even using the proper terms for things while at best the so called “advantage” only lasts for a few games, so few games that once you go up to rep 9 and start getting the best gear they won’t even matter any more.

Knight_Raime
06-28-2018, 07:05 AM

Because of his zone and safe heavies.

Knight_Raime
06-28-2018, 07:10 AM
To the OP:

1) Many agree his guard decay is too short. I think it should be at the level of shinobi. Which is shorter than standard reflex but still good. His guard switch speed is the same as everyone elses. His opening lights are 500ms and don't need to be faster. but his in combo ones are 600ms and should be faster.

2)All moves in this game will track to an extent if you dodge early unless the move has poor tracking. There are also moves that are undodgable. These are signified by a blue trail when they do an attack. it's quite noticable.

3)While gear is impactful I wouldn't call it p2w. at least not anymore. back before they did their first major gear stat overhaul it absolutely was. But it's pretty much agreed upon by the whole community that steel gain is too slow.

If you're still playing this game a month or so down the road and feel like getting a little better hit me up with a pm. I play on xbox and I don't mind sparring people on occasion.