PDA

View Full Version : Lag switch or just bad connection?

RexXZ347
06-23-2018, 03:56 PM
I am experiencing now a huge amount of delays on my attacks and also on enemies movements. Enemies always succeed on gb me or attacking me because they like teleport forward in time when they attack me or go back in time when i attack them blocking and parrying all my attacks. I thought we are already playing on dedicated servers? And i thought there are lag compensations being implemented? How come these things are still happening? I am already playing in a 100mbps optic fibr connection so i think my connection is not to blame or my 4k hdr tv.

KitingFatKidsEZ
06-23-2018, 04:04 PM
press tab --> look at ping

Ping is jumping all over the place --> the guy is downloading / lagging on purpose. Maybe macrod his download for a "software lagswitch".
Ping is stable but high --> awful connection, probably from too far away.
Ping only jumps at certain times ---> lagswitch.

No lag comp in any game currently released is going to compensate for the quite significant number of players running 100+ ping ive seen. Almost all of which were lagging on purpose.

UbiInsulin
06-23-2018, 08:25 PM
I am experiencing now a huge amount of delays on my attacks and also on enemies movements. Enemies always succeed on gb me or attacking me because they like teleport forward in time when they attack me or go back in time when i attack them blocking and parrying all my attacks. I thought we are already playing on dedicated servers? And i thought there are lag compensations being implemented? How come these things are still happening? I am already playing in a 100mbps optic fibr connection so i think my connection is not to blame or my 4k hdr tv.

If this is happening across all of the matches you play in, then it's possible that there is some issue affecting your connectivity with FH (which I don't mean as a remark on the quality of your internet in general). This could vary based on regional matchmaking, for example.

Lag comp went live (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-321584-16/input-delay-in-for-honor) on PC and consoles before May, but there's always room for more improvement.

RexXZ347
06-24-2018, 02:05 AM
If this is happening across all of the matches you play in, then it's possible that there is some issue affecting your connectivity with FH (which I don't mean as a remark on the quality of your internet in general). This could vary based on regional matchmaking, for example.

Lag comp went live (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-321584-16/input-delay-in-for-honor) on PC and consoles before May, but there's always room for more improvement.

i noticed i am having a ping of 100+. Before the last update the highest ping i have is 60. But that rarely happened. Now i always have 100+ what gives? I am playing on ps4.