PDA

View Full Version : For Honor from Uplay add in Steam

Leodarkw
06-23-2018, 07:14 AM
I have several games bought on Steam that are from uplay, but this time I bought For Honor directly from uplay, and now I would like to play on Steam, because all my games are there, to be more organized and easier to play with friends, how do I put the For Honor on my steam?
Is it possible to request my CD-KEY on the game support and activate on Steam?
If no, how do I play there ?

AurumWeaver
06-23-2018, 07:37 AM
I'll finish my dominion real quick and update this message if nobody else answered

AurumWeaver
06-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Okay, since I can't update a post I'll just write that here. I got the same problem with For Honor, and since I didn't find a proper way to add the game in my Steam library. A friend of mine managed to make it work by going in the install folder of FH, he then made a copy of the main .exe file somewhere he felt comfortable leaving, like Documents, and then asked Steam to run specifically that file when adding a non-Steam game (an option that's in the Games tab menu in Steam, if you didn't know already).

It's about the best I can do for you, I hope it helps.

UbiInsulin
06-23-2018, 07:28 PM
I have several games bought on Steam that are from uplay, but this time I bought For Honor directly from uplay, and now I would like to play on Steam, because all my games are there, to be more organized and easier to play with friends, how do I put the For Honor on my steam?
Is it possible to request my CD-KEY on the game support and activate on Steam?
If no, how do I play there ?

As SilverBlaustein mentioned, you can always run it as a non-Steam game in Steam.

Basically, when you buy a game from Steam or Uplay, you're buying a way to download that game from that service whenever you want. This means that what you're getting is directly tied to either your Uplay account or your Steam account.

All Ubisoft Steam games still require Uplay to run, as that's our online service. However, buying from Steam means that Steam is actually the client that updates and installs your game. This can't happen on Uplay if you bought the Steam version of the game. The same applies to Uplay versions: they have to install and update via Uplay.