PDA

View Full Version : FH ded

OG_Julian
06-22-2018, 10:10 PM
For Honor is clearly dying otherwise the game wouldn't be free after one and a half year of release.
I am personally a new player (which For Honor needs in order to not DIE completely). I like the game... but I hate it at the same time. There are two things that MUST be changed in order to not immediately lose new players:

1. Fair matchmaking. I have been playing this game for 2 days and all I've been playing against are high level players with extremely good gear and ofcourse much more experienced which makes their skill-level way beyond mine. It's simply not fun to get absolutely destroyed every single match I play.

2. The option to play against non-seasonpass heroes only. I'm not having fun playing against a P2W centurion and dying before I know it. Same goes for the rest of the seasonpass heroes.

Go ahead and comment 'Git gud' , 'L2P' and 'scrub' , like the clever guy you are...

Vakris_One
06-22-2018, 10:36 PM
Sure is getting a lot of attention at E3 for a "ded gaem". And I guess 3 million people downloaded the free version because it is a dead/dying game which generates zero interest. Seems legit 👍

Anywho:
1) I agree. The matchmaking needs to be putting people of the same skill level together. You've only played 2 days though dude. Give the matchmaking some time to determine your skill level and the ideal pool to put you in. Keep in mind that the amount of rep doesn't accurately represent the skill of a player, it only really represents the time they've spent playing. The matchmaker needs to get a feel for your skill level by analysing who it should be putting you up against and who it shouldn't. The population of the mode you pick also plays a part. If there's not many people playing that mode then it will eventually put you in with whoever it finds.

2) Nothing is pay 2 win in this game and certainly not the DLC heroes. Some of the weakest characters were/are DLC heroes such as the pre-rework Highlander and the Aramusha (still weak). The strongest heroes currently (post reworks) are all from the original roster. The Centurion is just designed to be a noob stomper is all. Once you get over a certain skill level you will learn to handle him and he will seem weak to you. Learn what he can do, look up some videos on how to fight him and use the training mode to practice against the level 3 Centurion bot until he is no longer so difficult for you to fight against. It's in your hands dude.

Fairemont
06-22-2018, 10:38 PM
The game is not free. It was free for a week. It has more players than ever, is in a better state than ever, match-making is meh, but the fact of the matter is For Honor is a really hard game to match-make effectively.

If you put a scale of 1000-2000 with 1500 being neutral for MM, someone who has played for a year or more and is absolute trash compared to his peers that have played the same duration could be MM'd at 1250. That noob that joins and is put at a neutral 1500 MM is going to be handily beaten by someone that MM puts as being clearly a pile of trash player. Happens all the time.

I play with my friends, I get stomped. My rating is absolutely atrocious because I am pulled way above my skill level. However, I then play alone and get queued up against noobs and I am used to playing against the best people the game has to offer I am going to stomp the absolute **** out of those players like its not even amusing anymore. I suddenly go from 2-12 to 20-1 in the span of a few minutes. Match making can't really account for my knowledge of heroes and ability to utilize my character far better than a noob does.

This game has an intrinsically high skill ceiling and is very merciless regarding it.

Season pass heroes aren't really that much better than others. Centurion is a noob stomper, but aside from that is not particularly good. So,yes, Git Gud and L2P scrub applies here. Why? Because centurion relies on certain things to happen, and those certain things happen significantly more often if you have no idea what they are. His attacks can't be parried like most other people blocking him is so-so until he starts stringing unblockables, but he can be dodged when that starts happening, and knowing when he can be dodged is the difference between taking 10 damage and 80 damage.

Some of the other season pass heroes are pretty dangerous, too. But the most powerful hero is actually one of the non-dlc/season pass heroes.

Playing this game for two days will get you nothing but suffering. You either need to double-down, play bots, got into training, study the heroes, and stick with it for a month when you start getting really competitive and actually stand a chance, or pack up and go.

We'd be sad to see you go, because we love more people. People around here are extremely helpful. I help a lot of new players all the time whenever I see them. Not everyone is so generous and its not always easy to tell who is and who is not new because that rep overall 1 guy playing a rep 4 High Lander could be a top-tier console smurf coming in on a sale or free weekend to beat you senseless and demand ice cream from you.

TL;DR

For Honor is not an easy game. It is not noob friendly. You need to utilize the training features, find mentors, and watch videos to learn how to play against certain heroes. Match-making is a problem on here because it cannot account for knowledge, and in this game knowledge is power more-so than anything else. Centurion and some other season pass heroes are no worse than others and are sometimes the worst heroes. Centurion is a noob stomper, but that's it.

Git Gud, L2P, Scrub.

UbiInsulin
06-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Let's avoid "git gud" type posts if at all possible. They tend to alienate people more than actually help them. However, it is true that PvAI and the Training resources added to the game recently are a legit way for new players to catch up to the more experienced (plus practice, practice, practice).

Matchmaking fairness is important to the FH team, as is overall hero balance. The team tries to be transparent with where they're at in terms of looking at potential changes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-325754-16/state-of-balance-season-5-recap).

Centurion's definitely a hero that brings up strong feelings in multiple directions for people. We try to let the team know all of your feedback!

MuscleTech12018
06-22-2018, 11:00 PM
If you think 3 milion people joined this game on free version you clearly are not even close to a real gamer :))

Explain then why 7k maximum players are in this game on PC platform. All of them joined consoles ? :)) Of course !!

Don't you really think they would have GLORIOUSLY show off if this game would have at least 5% of the playerbase claimed ?:))

Until they will show proper respect to the community and give them the MINIMUM BALANCE required by such a game, this game is only dying.

Vakris_One
06-22-2018, 11:39 PM
If you think 3 milion people joined this game on free version you clearly are not even close to a real gamer :))

Explain then why 7k maximum players are in this game on PC platform. All of them joined consoles ? :)) Of course !!

Don't you really think they would have GLORIOUSLY show off if this game would have at least 5% of the playerbase claimed ?:))

Until they will show proper respect to the community and give them the MINIMUM BALANCE required by such a game, this game is only dying.
According to the quick check I just did on Steam charts:
- Last month the peak player count was 18k maximum.
- This month the maximum peak was 9k

According to those numbers the game's population is the highest it's been since March 2017. Call me crazy but dead games don't usually tend to increase their player count incrementally month after month for more than 6 months straight and still going. They tend to like, you know... die.

The free edition of For Honor was available only through Uplay so looking at the Steam chart isn't going to tell us anything about the new free players that joined. The only one who knows for sure is Ubisoft and according to the community manager Eric Pope 3 million people picked up the free version. That's all we know at this point.

Halvtand
06-22-2018, 11:44 PM
3 million (https://twitter.com/ForHonorGame/status/1008806140015149056) is the official number. What number do you have and from what source? Also, what does this have to do with that elitist statement about being a real gamer?

Source? Where do you get this number from? Which version of "maximum players" is this number referring to?

As the FH team has not made an official announcement about the size of the game's player base in ages, 5% of what exactly? And what numbers do you have that says we don't have that many players?

So what you're saying is that the game dying or not is not dependant on whether or not people are playing, but on how much the devs respects "the community" and puts out some arbitrary minimum amount of balance? Alright then, what would this minimum amount be? How many manhours of work needs to be put on balance to not make this game which just got 3 million downloads and a huge presentation on E3 about a monstrous update coming in October no longer dying?

The_B0G_
06-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Lol people have been saying this game is dead for a year, you're not going to jump into any fighting game and compete with veterans either.

PC is the smallest player base by far as well.

The game is far from dying, I get a kick out of people who just started playing, do bad and make posts about the game being broke and unplayable. Just practice man, you're going to suck for a while before the game is fun, put the time in and get rewarded. It's a pvp game, it's not going to be easy, no pvp game is.

HazelrahFirefly
06-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Free equals dead?

Fortnite better give those billions back...

Alustar.
06-24-2018, 07:27 PM
Let's not forget this mass influx of new forum posters here to declare that the game is broken and dead. Cause that always happens on a dead game.

Archeun
06-24-2018, 08:06 PM
@UbiInsulin: You're absolutely right about the Git Gud crowd. I complained for months about my inability to parry effectively. Constantly told that I just sucked and needed to Git Gud. Come to find out; I needed to change the dead zone on my controller, which made my parrying go from almost never to fairly constantly. I hardly play FH anymore for a variety of reasons but I truly hope the community eventually becomes a bit more welcoming to players and most importantly; the game balances and changes to allow casual players to not get destroyed in every match.

Arekonator
06-24-2018, 08:26 PM
"dead game" is a dead meme.

C4rmine52
06-24-2018, 08:27 PM
Another newbie claiming for honor is pay to win.., showing they have absolutely no idea what the term P2W means and how this game is actually ran. where are these guys coming from??.