PDA

View Full Version : I am simply amazed with whining...seriously

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:51 PM
My god folks, whe the hell is going on? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Anywhere you look... 109 sucks, VVS all uber, this LW plane is useless...that LW plane can`t even take off, all 109`s overheat like crazy. Are you all for real? If you are...explane something to me... i must ne dumb. As many of you know, i run dedicated server @HL...and since 1.1b release i am literally forced to fly on the red side....so is my partner, just to keep odds somewhat even. What gives? I was dedicated 109 jock since day 1 and now i`m flying russian crates. Something doesn`t add here... we got to the point last night where 9 blue were agaisnt 4 reds... so, why people whining? What is so horrible about LW that attracts so many /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Take a look at ORR, jeezas.. sometimes i`m really starting to think that there are different versions of FB floating around.

Ok, on the serious note... there has to be a logical explanation to all this... Here`s my 02c... Take a look at HL servers list. 85% of them open cockpit, externals and all kinds of icons... small maps low level DF`s where everyone sees what, how and when their opponents is doing. I have nothing against it, i`v come long way from those settings...to FR..well almost FR. Everyone has preferences. If they fly that way, it doesn`t make them a n00bs....but, that`s not the way war was fought, so please, don`t be surprized when you get eaten on the deck by hungry VVS planes /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif , cause they know exactly where you are. I honestly believe that most of the whining is based on the outcome of difficutly settings....if you know what i mean. But those are just my opinions... Flame me if ya want.

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:51 PM
My god folks, whe the hell is going on? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Anywhere you look... 109 sucks, VVS all uber, this LW plane is useless...that LW plane can`t even take off, all 109`s overheat like crazy. Are you all for real? If you are...explane something to me... i must ne dumb. As many of you know, i run dedicated server @HL...and since 1.1b release i am literally forced to fly on the red side....so is my partner, just to keep odds somewhat even. What gives? I was dedicated 109 jock since day 1 and now i`m flying russian crates. Something doesn`t add here... we got to the point last night where 9 blue were agaisnt 4 reds... so, why people whining? What is so horrible about LW that attracts so many /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Take a look at ORR, jeezas.. sometimes i`m really starting to think that there are different versions of FB floating around.

Ok, on the serious note... there has to be a logical explanation to all this... Here`s my 02c... Take a look at HL servers list. 85% of them open cockpit, externals and all kinds of icons... small maps low level DF`s where everyone sees what, how and when their opponents is doing. I have nothing against it, i`v come long way from those settings...to FR..well almost FR. Everyone has preferences. If they fly that way, it doesn`t make them a n00bs....but, that`s not the way war was fought, so please, don`t be surprized when you get eaten on the deck by hungry VVS planes /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif , cause they know exactly where you are. I honestly believe that most of the whining is based on the outcome of difficutly settings....if you know what i mean. But those are just my opinions... Flame me if ya want.

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Earl agrees.

I'm Earl
<center>

http://www.hansontrailers.com/trailer18.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:55 PM
this board would totally suck if there wasn't any whining http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
Man - tell me about it - if it's not one thing; it's another.

I was in a server that had 17 blue against 4 red and then the blue decided that they should vulch - needless to say but it was not fun for the red as we would spawn we were bombarded by at least 3 bandits on us - didn;t even have time to start the engine's.

Then we get accused of being whiners when we mentioned the extremely uneven odds.

It's ashame that with all the scripting that is going on in the server - they don;t make an auto team balance - but then again i suppose that would cause even more whining.

XyZspineZyX
I love this game and can't wait to play when I get home. At it's worst it's still the best WWII flight-sim ever. (and I fly VVS AND Axis, yes I do)

p.s. You've NEVER seen a whine-post from me and never will.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Yep!

And on a similar note...
I'm sick of seeing the "we need...." or "I want..." type of posts and "When is UBI gonna...." etc, etc...

Do these people think the whole world owes them a favour?
When are they going to give something to the community?

Just my 2 pence worth.

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=James_Jones&account=705).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/USsig.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:06 PM
This place has more whiners than a pre-school day care.

~Tate

Ubi Forums: No Scripts, No Lounge, No Fun!

<center> http://www.maxfurnitures.com/data/18f02d09-c264-4226-900a-814ae8f87368.jpg </center>

~Tate

Ubi Forums: No Scripts, No Lounge, No Fun!

<center> http://www.maxfurnitures.com/data/18f02d09-c264-4226-900a-814ae8f87368.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:11 PM
This place has more whiners than my x-wifes table in my divorce proceedings.......

TX-Blackknight
Black2

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I partly agree with you but if people are whining about a genuine FM fault then why not it is more likely then to be fixed and that will benefit us all.

Also if someone is happy to fly an AC wich is undermodelled etc and is still succesful in it they shouldn't be flaming or calling a whiner someone who complains about it....

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:13 PM
That`s a scary thought Knight lol

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:16 PM
TX-BlackKnight wrote:
- This place has more whiners than my x-wifes table in
- my divorce proceedings.......
-
-
- TX-Blackknight
- Black2
-
-

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I feel ya bro....

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:17 PM
For me, it's gunnery.

I must confess that since coming to FB from Aces High, I come closer to bringing you down by chopping up your stab with my prop than I do with a bullet.

I tend to choose the LW birds because I seem to at least score a hit now and then whereas with the russian crates I feel I'm just firing blanks!

===
-mark
Bo.Deenamah

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Ivan,

Don't you think there is a difference between whining and discussing FMs? Isn't this forum a place where such things SHOULD be discussed. I agree "Oleg Porked the 190" threads are not the best way to go about it but, aren't the sims FMs legitimate points of discussion?

BTW: I need a CrazyIvan training session on 1.11 Bf109 CEM. I have had some trouble adjusting since the patch. I'll be bothering you on the VFC server soon.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:23 PM
johno__UK wrote:
- I partly agree with you but if people are whining
- about a genuine FM fault then why not it is more
- likely then to be fixed and that will benefit us
- all.
-

johno mate, take that K4 overheating thread as example.. K4 was and still my primary ride...and i can assure ya, i never lost an engine due to overheat... well, i blew it couple of times with prop pitch...but that`s my own stupidity...other then that.. it doesn`t require much to maintain that engine, just be smart about it and that`s all.

other thing... K4 is too slow... just by reading this i can tell that person who wrote it is not familiar with the plane, because i am sure that every dedicated K4 jock noticed that climb rate on K4 and SL speed was increased from 1.1b to 1.11. Don`t believe me? try it for yourself.

Or whines about P-39 being too tough...come on... hit it right behind the pit and see it break in the half. Like a charm.

La7 is uber? Please, any LW plane can escape it by dive, period.

Yak3 completely lost it`s uberness...i flew it last night, it`s still fantastic bird, no question about it... but laser beams are gone...it stalls and doesn`t climb like a rocket anymore. Am i wrong about it? Yak3 drivers, please verify.

P-39 climbs like crazy...yeah, maybe...climb straight up and it will catch ya... spiral climb and it stalls out.

Am i right? Just my 02c

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Extreme_One wrote:
- Yep!
-
- And on a similar note...
- I'm sick of seeing the "we need...." or "I want..."
- type of posts and "When is UBI gonna...." etc,
- etc...
-
- Do these people think the whole world owes them a
- favour?
- When are they going to give something to the
- community?
-
- Just my 2 pence worth.
-
- S! Simon.
- <center>

I guess they feel that the $40 that they paid gives them a lifetime of support and an unlimited wish list - I would rather see the developers work on expansion packs or even a newer version of IL2 - than knowing they are fixing little bugs in this - I am ready to spend another $40 or so -

I swear if it's like any other game - most of the whiners are the ones who haven;t even bought the game - they downloaded it from somebody anyway - so therefore they have no right whatsoever to even post in here!!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
S!,
I agree with Ivan. I have been a regular on Ivan's server for the past several weeks. The settings on that server are a good compromise to FR. Icons are on, PL is on, and minimap is on...that's it. The settings helps old timers like myself from burning my eyes out looking for the minisule, unidentifyable dot, while not spending too much time trying to navigate.

JV44 is a luftwaffe based squad. Generally, we try to fly Luftwaffe planes only. However, for the sake of fairness, we may modify our general rule until some of the fence sitters pick a side to fly for. It is disheartning to see 8 LW vs 4 VVS. It really takes the fun out of it. It would be nice if there was a command that automatically chooses a side for new joiners just to keep the sides even...maybe one day.

I also must admit that I've guilty of whining...I can't help it. Those #$%^ early model p39s drive me nuts the way they float through the air. Sorry, a little whining just slipped through. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

HB

American by birth; Southern by the Grace of God!

www.jagdverband44.com (http://www.jagdverband44.com)
http://www.jagdverband44.com/JV44Banner400x75.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:39 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:

- P-39 climbs like crazy...yeah, maybe...climb
- straight up and it will catch ya... spiral climb and
- it stalls out.

Got an online track to prove what you say. Pulled a P-39 up to 3000m with spiral climb and from there it was no threat.

It's funny you posted this thread 'cos I was saying the same thing to Gundog last night. Then we found ourselves in Hunter's server with 11 red and 5 blue and being vulched to death../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .

But I agree with what you're saying. Most times it's the other way around. Is it the popularity of the 190, perhaps?

BTW, what are your icon settings...ranges etc.?

Cheers.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah, you can dive on an La-7, just don't plan on ever comming back up./i/smilies/16x16_robot-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:43 PM
crazyivan,
You`re completely right.

I have something more to add.

I often see that people flying a bf109 like
a yak orso.

I often warn people, guys boom and zoom don`t dogfight.
But they are deaf.

Many people doesn`t know how to act with a plane.

And i am also hating that when you want to play online
many maps are so configured with icon on etc.

Thats not real. About that you see nobody whining.

Thanks for your bright message.

Martin van Vuuren
Rotterdam/Holland
"hornetsting"

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey Chad!
Icons Friend 4K, Foe - none, PL 2K , speedbar and mimimap. Everything else is on

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:56 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:

- johno mate, take that K4 overheating thread as
- example.. K4 was and still my primary ride...and i
- can assure ya, i never lost an engine due to
- overheat... well, i blew it couple of times with
- prop pitch...but that`s my own stupidity...other
- then that.. it doesn`t require much to maintain that
- engine, just be smart about it and that`s all.
-
- other thing... K4 is too slow... just by reading
- this i can tell that person who wrote it is not
- familiar with the plane, because i am sure that
- every dedicated K4 jock noticed that climb rate on
- K4 and SL speed was increased from 1.1b to 1.11.
- Don`t believe me? try it for yourself.
-
- Or whines about P-39 being too tough...come on...
- hit it right behind the pit and see it break in the
- half. Like a charm.
-
- La7 is uber? Please, any LW plane can escape it by
- dive, period.
-
- Yak3 completely lost it`s uberness...i flew it last
- night, it`s still fantastic bird, no question about
- it... but laser beams are gone...it stalls and
- doesn`t climb like a rocket anymore. Am i wrong
- about it? Yak3 drivers, please verify.

Some very good points but what im trying to say is take for example yourself someone who is obviously very proficient in the 109, you can manage the heat problem very well and rarely or never burn the engine. But if it is not modelled correctly and people who arn't as proficient as you at keeping the thing cool enough cant because of this then it should be put right thats all...

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:09 PM
On the other hand, the 109 was known for being a airplane very hard on new pilots. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I only get heat problems with the 109s when I find myself down low... Doh!

That aside, I can't even fly my Dora well anymore because I play red so much these days! Argghh!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Using the P-47 mostly (which I should note is a very difficult bird to dogfight in, especially against Fw-190s!) and occasionally, the P-39Q-10. I stay away from the earlier models because I feel that you can get "sloppy" with them, whereas the Q-10, as currently modeled, is like a Bf-109G6 with good turning capabilities.

Anybody who thinks Yak-3, La7, etc. are overmodeled need to jump into a P-47 for a bit.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:12 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Hey Chad!
- Icons Friend 4K, Foe - none, PL 2K , speedbar and
- mimimap. Everything else is on

Excellent set up, Ivan. The limit to padlock distance sounds like what Cardinal is getting at in his thread.

Cheers.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Glad your are amazed, I get pis sed by now. To many stupid and plainly wrong comments lately. Don't know what I would do if I was Oleg. Least thing would be closing the ORR.

Hawgdog
09-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Korolov wrote:
- Using the P-47 mostly (which I should note is a very
- difficult bird to dogfight in, especially against
- Fw-190s!) and occasionally, the P-39Q-10. I stay
- away from the earlier models because I feel that you
- can get "sloppy" with them, whereas the Q-10, as
- currently modeled, is like a Bf-109G6 with good
- turning capabilities.
-
- Anybody who thinks Yak-3, La7, etc. are overmodeled
- need to jump into a P-47 for a bit.

Good point, especially the "as currently modeled"
Time to learn a new plane with the same name, each time a patch is out.

The P-47 isn't a noobs DF plane. I'm trying to learn it. Its NOT forgiving low and slow whereas the 190 can really jink around with some flap. Its still tough to see over but the IL2 is a real blind spot.
The P-47 can really rip a new one if you fly it smartly- shallow dive, attack, shallow climb keeping speed up

<center></script>The original HawgDog, dont be fooled by fneb imitations
Vulching can be a contact sport
When you get to hell, tell 'em Hawgdog sent you
http://users.zoominternet.net/~cgatewood/assets/images/sharkdog.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:20 PM
If it wasnt for whinning............................
This would be boaring ................

The genuine Hawg-dawg
Proud former member of Kelly Johnson's "SKUNK WORKS"
Fat Boys and.... Props Forever....Baby

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Changed my mind. Earl doesn't agree.

I'm Earl
<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm with u on this one Crazy/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Hawgdog wrote:
- Good point, especially the "as currently modeled"
- Time to learn a new plane with the same name, each
- time a patch is out.
-
- The P-47 isn't a noobs DF plane. I'm trying to learn
- it. Its NOT forgiving low and slow whereas the 190
- can really jink around with some flap. Its still
- tough to see over but the IL2 is a real blind spot.
- The P-47 can really rip a new one if you fly it
- smartly- shallow dive, attack, shallow climb keeping
- speed up

If you can get about a 60-70 degree deflection shot on your victim, usually some critical damage will result; especially on Fw-190s. Usually though with Fw-190s, its hard to get that kind of shot because of the good visibility. Bf-109s, because they aren't as tough, tend to be a bit easier to kill as long as you have a extreme speed and alt advantage over them.

It seems like when I'm flying the P-39, they don't jink as hard as they do while I'm in the P-47. Must be the bigger size. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
I agree with Ivan. Thanks for taking the time to say it.

My first thought on the 109K overheat problem was "Why in the world would you want to run at over 100% for more than five minutes !? If you have to you must not be attacking with an advantage. & with the 109s climb an Alttitude advantage should be easy to get.

http://idealab.snu.ac.kr/~hobbist/La-5FN/small/La-5FN-06.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Changed my mind again. Earl agrees.

I'm Earl
<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:40 PM
End_Dump_Earl wrote:
- Changed my mind again. Earl agrees.

Let me guess - you're a female right?

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=James_Jones&account=705).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/USsig.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Sorry, Ivan. I love your server, think you're a fine human being and a fun guy, but I disagree.

I don't mind complaints, gripes, beefs, suggestions, comments, etc.; it's human nature and, in general, a good thing. Where I'm from (NYC), complaining and grousing is a serious past time if not a god-given right.

For almost every statement made on this forum, someone will take the opposite position and then flame the orginal post for "whining." Then the barbs fly.

We all have opinions. IMHO a lot of ppl don't respect the opinions of others. The first means of attack is to say "Rall is whining about the ineffectiveness of the Mk108 again!"

To complain or state an opinion is not the same as whining. Whining is defined as a "high-pitched plaintive cry," which, on my computer, only happens when the hard drive is about to go.

If you want to hear real whining, listen to my girlfriend when she wants me to take her out on the town. That's whining! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I think you might have missed Ivan's point Rall...

Basically, if the LW birds are so bad - why fly them?

Or am I talking out of my arse here?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I agree Crazy...I just log on for laughs now forget about getting any real information. As far as moaning and groaning about FM's hey thats a crap shoot even for real pilots. At best an approximation to reality...at best. This sim is as good as it gets and has me busy every night. I love it warts and all...I waited years for this remember BOB and SWOTL...how 1942:Pacific Air War, remember those days.

How about EAW....how many years did we fly that thing. I still remember seeing Olegs first screenies for IL-2...WOW i said. That was a full year prior to its release. I believe there is a huge community out there that flies IL-2 and FB and do not moan and groan. I love it! Its great! Is it perfect....well I am not...and neither is Oleg...and neither is FB.

Now can anyone please tell me if its worth getting a Force Feedback Stick for this PIG or not!!!!

Thank you Lotsa love

Happy hunting and check six!

Tony Ascaso, RN

Happy hunting and check six!

Tony Ascaso, RN

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:55 PM
THANK YOU RALL! Thank god *somebody* here knows what the feck "whine" means. Nobody else does, that's for dam sure. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

BTW - did you know the letters W, T, and F can't be used here in series due to the word commie...err, "swear filter"? What the hell is going on?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- johno mate, take that K4 overheating thread as
- example.. K4 was and still my primary ride...and i
- can assure ya, i never lost an engine due to
- overheat... well, i blew it couple of times with
- prop pitch...but that`s my own stupidity...other
- then that.. it doesn`t require much to maintain that
- engine, just be smart about it and that`s all.
-
- other thing... K4 is too slow... just by reading
- this i can tell that person who wrote it is not
- familiar with the plane, because i am sure that
- every dedicated K4 jock noticed that climb rate on
- K4 and SL speed was increased from 1.1b to 1.11.
- Don`t believe me? try it for yourself.
-
- Or whines about P-39 being too tough...come on...
- hit it right behind the pit and see it break in the
- half. Like a charm.
-
- La7 is uber? Please, any LW plane can escape it by
- dive, period.
-
- Yak3 completely lost it`s uberness...i flew it last
- night, it`s still fantastic bird, no question about
- it... but laser beams are gone...it stalls and
- doesn`t climb like a rocket anymore. Am i wrong
- about it? Yak3 drivers, please verify.
-
- P-39 climbs like crazy...yeah, maybe...climb
- straight up and it will catch ya... spiral climb and
- it stalls out.
-
- Am i right? Just my 02c
-
-
-
- Regards,
- VFC*Crazyivan

I noticed you forgot one. Perhaps out of convenience to save Oleg some face? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Tascaso: Now can anyone please tell me if its worth getting a Force Feedback Stick for this PIG or not!!!!

Rall: Yes, definitely.

Korolov: I think you might have missed Ivan's point Rall...

Rall: Definitely yes again.

Korolov: Basically, if the LW birds are so bad - why fly them?

Rall: Dunno; I get killed a lot more in Allied planes.

Korolov: Or am I talking out of my arse here?

Rall: Dunno, are you sitting on your keyboard. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:01 PM
I knew that high flying vulture Rall would disagree./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Let me explain myself bro...

When someone says... ummm...let`s say "Why i am having a problems keeping my engine cool in BF109 and what would you recommend tactics wise for it" or something along those lines...that`s fine, i am sure many would help out and that`s all this community is about. But when i see "All 109`s suck, they all overheat and fly like bricks"....it`s either trolling or whining to me. Same applies to any other VVS or LW planes. That was a point of my initial post... It`s not planes most of the times...it`s people who`s flying them IMO. You know what i am talking about Rall.. RIGHT? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:01 PM
- Rall: Dunno, are you sitting on your keyboard.

No, but I have a cat on my mouse pad. His butt is on the mouse. That close enough?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:27 PM
You two are cracking me up /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:40 PM
BlitzPig_DDT wrote:
-
- BTW - did you know the letters W, T, and F can't be
- used here in series due to the word commie...err,
- "swear filter"? What the hell is going on?

WT</td>F?

&lt;embed src="http://www.redhalibut.co.uk/webs/RedHalibut/images/flyboysig240603.swf" loop=true menu=false quality=high wmode=transparent bgcolor=#030303 WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=32 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Holy forum bugs, batman! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Vulture? Little old me? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I agree Ivan, when someone posts "All 109`s suck, they all overheat and fly like bricks," they very, very likely have no idea of what they're talking about.

It is about the pilots. Each plane has it's strengths and situations where it will thrive. It takes a knowledge and experience to succeed.

IMHO, FB is the best there is. Oleg and his team have done wonders.

Sorry, for the confusion (mine). In my post, I was focused on the subsequent writers who were critical of "whining." My point is that even the guy who says "All 109`s suck" might have a valid point. If he's a historian, a RL pilot or someone with a lot of flight sim experience, or even some kid who just bought his first game, he might have a good idea that should be addressed.

If you want, engage him, flame him, explain why his head is stuck where the moon doesn't shine and tell him to go back and spend some time learning to fly. But dismissing his opinion because he's a "whiner" is short sighted.

Sheet, this is too serious. Just ignore me. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Great, now all we need is Rall to come down to 50 meters so you can catch him at a disadvantage!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:27 PM
I know we need that Koro...big question is...how lol

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Every flight I'm at 50 meters at least twice - at take off and just before I crash. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:41 PM
I thought you gonna say land...not crash /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:43 PM
End_Dump_Earl wrote:
-
- I'm Earl

I suspect this new character must have been created by the same individual that brought us RBJ...

<center>http://www.geocities.com/dangdenge2004/arau.txt

|TAO|

Message Edited on 09/10/0309:43PM by TAO-Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:03 AM
its ugly and old Crazy

yak 3 castrated, bottom feeder and garaged. is sitting duck . hmm and now all those OTHER historically dangerous vvs birds to choose from LMAO i and others are searching for a competitive vvs option, frustration is the name o game now.

all the words in the world wont change the nature of the snivelling whining vocal minority in here, and the more its listened to the poorer the game and community are for it.

My advice to Oleg, be done with it he can never satisfy all the insatiable.. His work has been run over so many times in here he must feel like a cobble stone in mexico city.

MAD

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:03 AM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
As many of you know, i run dedicated server
- @HL...

Speaking for myself as well as GR142-Astro, GR142 Cyrano, GR142 Semper Fi, you do a good job on your server, Ivan. The settings are just fine and we enjoy visiting it.

GR142-Pipper

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:38 AM
JV44Rall wrote:
- Every flight I'm at 50 meters at least twice - at
- take off and just before I crash.

Not often enough... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Ivan, I seem to remember you zooming around in one of those supremely overmodelled P-39s yesterday night.

I remember "whining" a bit when you shot me down.

Point is, why were you flying that particular plane? Right: the same reason everyone else flies it as the plane d'jour; because it's obviously overmodelled and gives you certain advantages the real ones didn't have (like the "ueber climb", the total lack of control stiffness at any speed, the instant dive-to-climb reversals)....and you're reaping the benefits. Meanwhile, me in my 109G2 can't even pull out of a moderate speed dive at the same time you're flying an oblique loop around me for the second time. You're d*mned right, I'm gonna complain about that.

I wasn't "whining" at YOU, specifically, just your, ehm, convenient "choice" of planes. If you'd gunned me in an La7, or a Yak 3, I wouldn't have said anything but "good shot": an La7 or a Yak 3 is simply a better design than a 109G2.

Some of us don't particularly like it when we can't use historical tactics in the sim. I'll admit, sometimes it's because we're not doing it right, and we make mistakes, sure. Sometimes it IS simply the better pilot winning.

But sometimes, it IS that one of the planes involved is hideously over or undermodelled. You may call that whining, and that's your right. But I call it an obvious observation.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:13 AM
That's the biggest bunch of sour grapes I've read.

After flying with Ivan for over 2 years I can tell ya, that A.) He's a great stick B.) He would much rather be in a 190 or a 109 then any VVS plane. But being that many squads join HIS server and unbalance the teams he would be the first to make the sacrifice of flying something he's not as confortable in rather then keeping the teams uneven. and C.) He rarely if ever flys a Yak-3 even back in IL-2 days when it was the monster, same goes for the La's, what he flys and long before these patches is the P-39. So because he flys a plane he's comfortable in cause he's been flying it the longest of the VVS your gonna b!tch and critque his plane choice?

Grow some thicker skin and suck up a downing ya baby. geez!

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/Waste-banner3.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4)

Message Edited on 09/10/03 09:14PM by R_Mutt

Message Edited on 09/10/0309:15PM by R_Mutt

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:27 AM
Stiglr wrote:
- Ivan, I seem to remember you zooming around in one
- of those supremely overmodelled P-39s yesterday
- night.
-

No i didn`t fly P-39 last night or night before... i was in Yak9U Stig.

- I remember "whining" a bit when you shot me down.
-

I remember that too lol

- Point is, why were you flying that particular plane?
- Right: the same reason everyone else flies it as the
- plane d'jour; because it's obviously overmodelled
- and gives you certain advantages the real ones
- didn't have (like the "ueber climb", the total lack
- of control stiffness at any speed, the instant
- dive-to-climb reversals)....and you're reaping the
- benefits. Meanwhile, me in my 109G2 can't even pull
- out of a moderate speed dive at the same time you're
- flying an oblique loop around me for the second
- time. You're d*mned right, I'm gonna complain about
- that.
-
9U had only one advantage, speed. Even uber laser beams are gone....just another peashooter....but able to kill.

-
- I wasn't "whining" at YOU, specifically, just your,
- ehm, convenient "choice" of planes. If you'd gunned
- me in an La7, or a Yak 3, I wouldn't have said
- anything but "good shot": an La7 or a Yak 3 is
- simply a better design than a 109G2.
-

- Some of us don't particularly like it when we can't
- use historical tactics in the sim. I'll admit,
- sometimes it's because we're not doing it right, and
- we make mistakes, sure. Sometimes it IS simply the
- better pilot winning.

Bud, both times you never even seen me lol...your 109 was half way done after first pass... I LOVE NO EXTERNALS /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- But sometimes, it IS that one of the planes involved
- is hideously over or undermodelled. You may call
- that whining, and that's your right. But I call it
- an obvious observation.
-
-

Bottom line ....it was Yak9U /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:52 AM
Ahh, I love the Yak series. I like the MiG-3UB early, which has same weapons as Yak-3 but without the cannon, so I don't find the Yak-3 under armed at all. Yak-9U is the closest thing in the game to what a late war MiG would be like, or so I reckon.

----

On another topic, the funniest forum troll I ever saw was on another board, where this one guy would post his stupid opinions, then use his other 5 or 6 user names to back himself up! Everyone knew he was doing it, since all his posts would appear 1 minute apart with the same poor language skills evident. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It went something like this:

Dave: Your way sucks!
Phil: Yes, Dave is right.
Steve: Dave is very smart about these things. I know because I have a PhD.
Nick: Hmm, Steve, your opinion and Dave's are obviously the most valid on this forum

etc....

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 05:21 AM
You're probably thinking of me! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I fly the P-39 a lot more than them soviet birds - but hey if you think I fly it simply because it's uber, then "You is wrong."

I fly it for two reasons: the armanent reminds me of the P-38, and the landing gear is the only trike setup in the game currently for prop planes.

If I want uber climb rate, I take the P-47. It's much better at climbing than the P-39 IMO. Also the P-39 is more effective on the Fw-190 armor plating than the P-47s 50 cals are.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:28 AM
End_Dump_Earl wrote:

How much time do you think you need to reach +10 000 posts?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:39 AM
When I do. I'll be someone else.

This is Earl. Anybody copy?
<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:50 AM
ya dont find me makin useless posts just to put me count up ...

whoops ...

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:55 AM
EARL.. im just a 56 k er..that sig in line?

U.S. infantry 84-91

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:57 AM
You sure the motive is post count?

This is Earl. Anybody copy?
<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Korolov wrote:
-
- Anybody who thinks Yak-3, La7, etc. are overmodeled
- need to jump into a P-47 for a bit.
-

Well, the P-47 has been well suited to killing Yaks and 109s since the game originally came out. La's are a bit more of a problem, but it's 0.50's have always been much better than the MG151's at ripping Lavochkins up.

The new P-47 is compeditive in a dogfight, however, take it for a full 360 turn, even using wing-overs and vector rolls, and you're dead; no speed, no turn, and likely no altitude to dive away with. While it's got a good climb, the La-7 and 109K-4 can comfortably get above it and kill it in a tail chase. The 190 is not quite as well off, but until you get around 5-7km, the P-47 just doesn't have the power advantage to run from a fight that's gone badly. Now, it can disengage, if the pilot has decided to do so, well before engaging, but that is a different situation.

Hoof summed it up pretty well in his Warbirds performance page:
"[...] the P47 is an effective fighter, but is an expert's plane. To be really good in it takes patience, and a smart flying style. Make a mistake and you become one of the easiest planes to kill. Don't make a mistake and you can do well."

Harry Voyager

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQDLAswcqmIpvWP9dLzZVayPXOmo6IJ16aURujNfs4dDETH84 Q6eIkCbWQemjqF6O8ZfvzlsvUUauJyy9GYnKM6!o3fu!kBnWVh BgMt3q2T3BUQ8yjBBqECLxFaqXVV5U2kWiSIlq1s6VoaVvRqBy Q/Avatar%202%20500x500%20[final).jpg?dc=4675409848259594077

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Korolov wrote:
- If I want uber climb rate, I take the P-47. It's
- much better at climbing than the P-39 IMO.

Hmmm....not sure about that myself. However, the 39 certainly is much better at zooming and retaining E.

I like the look of the plane, have a killer skin, and find it has performance attributes that would suit my flying style, yet, I just can't click with it for some reason. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Guess I have to find a way to make the 47 work by god. lol We need to hook up more. When we work together well, we do well I've noticed.

I might be down for a bit though. With the case side off last night the game lasted a bit longer, but was 56C when it crashed. I can't find which fan is making the noise either. (2 exhaust, 1 PS/u, 1 CPU, 1 CPU Supplemental, 2 Intake, 1 Video card - just a few. lol)

Until I work out my cooling solution I don't think I'll be able to play. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

It had been good for so long. I guess now that summer is ending and the AC is off, the ambient temp is up. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah, let's stop the whining and start mentioning the virtues of those American planes.

I'd like to start with the P-40:

Curtiss built a winner, didn't it? Look at all these fabulous selling features:

How many other planes are blessed with ability to stall so easily?

How many others overheat at 87% throttle?

How many others would rather roll over on their noses than land with their props off the ground?

How many others can't take more than one bullet in the engine?

And the best of all: How many others cause a crash to the desktop just by spawning in them?

Thank heavens for the P-40 and the P-47. How else would the world have known nobody can build a plane like the Yak.

***I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing***

Hunter82
09-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Sorry I had to leave Chadburn...my kids woke up /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Chadburn wrote:
-
- crazyivan1970 wrote:
-
-- P-39 climbs like crazy...yeah, maybe...climb
-- straight up and it will catch ya... spiral climb and
-- it stalls out.
-
- Got an online track to prove what you say. Pulled a
- P-39 up to 3000m with spiral climb and from there it
- was no threat.
-
- It's funny you posted this thread 'cos I was saying
- the same thing to Gundog last night. Then we found
- ourselves in Hunter's server with 11 red and 5 blue
- and being vulched to death../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .
-
- But I agree with what you're saying. Most times
- it's the other way around. Is it the popularity of
- the 190, perhaps?
-
- BTW, what are your icon settings...ranges etc.?
-
- Cheers.
-
-
-
-
-
-

=======================================
Ubisoft IL2/Lock On Moderator
ATI Catalyst Driver Beta Tester
Hunter82 wrote:"I did not have technical relations with that question"
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>
=======================================

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:15 PM
I stand corrected Ivan....I did, however see, and quite clearly, a couple of those zipping around; and I died quite a few times, so I must've gotten you confused with somebody else.

Don't ya just love a cold bounce??? I know I do. Kudos if you're able to sneak up on me...it doesn't happen all that often.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:35 PM
No biggie Stig /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan