PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it

VampireDovah
06-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Why do some people main warriors outside or their faction are they unaware they can change faction or just want to join the viking bandwagon or is there something else please enlighten me.

CandleInTheDark
06-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Not everyone has mains. I have characters across all the factions and I am a 4v4 player so they need to be repped up.

In terms of the factions themselves, I was a knight from day one, twice I said I would give the faction one more season to get over their volcano fixation and twice they did not, it isn't losing, it is the fact that they had the raw resources to do better than winning one round in two seasons. I changed my game platform and started playing the valkyrie so I went with vikings, I have found since that am putting more time into samurai characters so next season I will be samurai even if they are dead last in the remaining rounds before going to Wu Lin when they become available.

But while I want to get all the Wu Lin to rep eight, the same will stand that I will always have heroes across all the factions.

VampireDovah
06-22-2018, 06:05 PM
My man you're a flex player, aka one of the best players. It's ok if you don't have a main I'm directing towards people who obviously do.

SangLong524
06-22-2018, 06:21 PM
I shall enlighten you then.
There is no relation between faction allegiance and choosing said faction characters, unless some event requires specific selections. All that matter is troop deployment.
I'm a jack of all trade. Most of my characters have passed prestige 10. Highest are samurais: kensei (30s), Shugoki and orochi(>20). I've been a samurais since march last year. Not since "beta", unfortunately
The faction war is a mini game, which is forced down on our collective throats. The real game is the fighting between all the characters, which we buy with money already. We don't want to restrict people by their choice in a mini game, do we? I don't buy a game that only function 1/3 all all time while it costs the whole price, thank you very much.
Faction ship jumping: okay but everytime I want to play a Viking I have to change my faction to Viking, which won't cost too much time.BUT why? All that tiny obstacles just to prevent me some crates at the end of the season?
I'm fully awared of faction loyalty and some people get in their silly heads that you must only play your faction heroes to show such things. I'm 27, I'm too old for such foolishness.

VampireDovah
06-22-2018, 06:38 PM
I don't think my message came across clear enough. For those who are obvious one tricks why would you side against your main?

FatFreeIce
06-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Maybe you are asking a question too ask answer that doesn't exist. I think most people who play now play more than one character. Also it could simply be the shape. I chose Viking day one because it's round.

SangLong524
06-22-2018, 07:35 PM
I don't think my message came across clear enough. For those who are obvious one tricks why would you side against your main?

I honestly do not comprehend the reasoning behind such question. I get the fangirling vibe, yes I say it, fangirling vibe, which is totally in your right, though.
To me, your question is tied to faction war and faction loyalty. And I don't side against my "main". As long as I bear the square Samurai emblem, all my troop deployment will be in the name of Samurai. It's that simple and practical.
Does that answer your question?

UbiInsulin
06-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Maybe you are asking a question too ask answer that doesn't exist. I think most people who play now play more than one character. Also it could simply be the shape. I chose Viking day one because it's round.

The deepest backstory.

Lethalchem
06-22-2018, 08:10 PM
I don’t know/play with anyone who plays only one character (although I HAVE seen them in game from time to time). Although not an answer to your question, what I dont get is why anyone would limit their enjoyment of the game by a rigid Main/faction mindset. As you play the various characters you will notice they all have their own unique “feel”. Are you going to bounce to a new faction every time you realize the new character you just tried out is now your new favorite? Save yourself the hassle and just enjoy the characters as a whole.

Fairemont
06-22-2018, 10:46 PM
I play 85% Nobushi 15% Peace Keeper. I am part of the knights faction mostly because its what I started with and I don't really have a reason to change. The only reason to change would be in an attempt to predict the victor of the next faction war, for example, if it were rigged.

ChampionRuby50g
06-22-2018, 11:47 PM
Not everyone has mains. I have characters across all the factions and I am a 4v4 player so they need to be repped up.

In terms of the factions themselves, I was a knight from day one, twice I said I would give the faction one more season to get over their volcano fixation and twice they did not, it isn't losing, it is the fact that they had the raw resources to do better than winning one round in two seasons. I changed my game platform and started playing the valkyrie so I went with vikings, I have found since that am putting more time into samurai characters so next season I will be samurai even if they are dead last in the remaining rounds before going to Wu Lin when they become available.

But while I want to get all the Wu Lin to rep eight, the same will stand that I will always have heroes across all the factions.

I read on the reddit recap that Wu Lin won’t be apart of the Faction war, so you won’t be able to join them as a faction I’d say.

So stay a Viking, brother, and let us feast on the riches of our slain enemies.

HazelrahFirefly
06-23-2018, 12:11 AM

That doesn't exist. You can be a Knight Faction member and never play them and you aren't going against anything. The amount of troops, xp, loot - none of it changes. The only reason at all to care is to be a lore nerd (not an insult, I am lore nerd when it comes to certain games.)

Now, if they made it so you got extra resources for playing a hero in your faction... that would be something. Might legitimately affect the numbers playing different heroes.

Devils-_-legacy
06-23-2018, 09:54 PM
I read on the reddit recap that Wu Lin won’t be apart of the Faction war, so you won’t be able to join them as a faction I’d say.

I havnt been following the recaps for awhile but have they said if there temporary on release or permanently not in the fw

ChampionRuby50g
06-23-2018, 10:16 PM
I havnt been following the recaps for awhile but have they said if there temporary on release or permanently not in the fw

“Can they confirm the Wu Lin faction will be a full faction? Yes, people will be able to join the faction and there will be an emblem shape and such but they will not be on the faction war map at the beginning.“

That is from Candles recap at the top of the GD page, so they possibly only on release not a part of the Faction war.

“The Wu Lin faction will not be participating in the faction war when they are released”

But that is from the reddit recap, which I interpreted to mean they will not be in the Faction war. So I’m guessing now, with more info in my hands after I read candles version and some guesswork, there’s a change they’ll either not be in the Faction war at all, or that the team is doing massive rebalancing of the war and the map itself to acccomodate a new faction. So they possibly will join the war at a date later than Oct. 16th

HazelrahFirefly
06-23-2018, 10:35 PM
Diamond? I'm predicting diamond.

LilyneaCythil
06-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Personally I picked a team based on shield. What allowed me to crate a interesting design. Though even this had quite light pull on me. I sort of like all the shield designs to be honest. Though I did go with the round one. (Which is the Vikings.)

RexXZ347
06-24-2018, 02:08 AM
2 words: Orders. Steel.