PDA

View Full Version : How to punish feints?

NikolajSlav
06-22-2018, 05:41 AM
How do you punish people that tend to fiant, and then parry your parry?

Im a new player and im asking for legitimate advice.

BlowHard74728
06-22-2018, 05:43 AM
If you see them go through with the feint try and feint your parry and see if you can block their attack.

Or you could always throw out a faster attack as in a light or a zone in the hopes to interrupt their attack

DrinkinMehStella
06-22-2018, 09:23 AM
feinting can be a hard game to predict when they will let an attack land or not, I try to just intrupt their attacks with lights, so if im playing against someone who feints a lot then I use light attacks because they are quick enough to interrupt and harder to parry.

Tyrjo
06-22-2018, 10:31 AM
You can also try and go for the GB randomly sometimes, since heavies have GB vulnerability.

Vakris_One
06-22-2018, 10:46 AM
The safest option is to always be prepared to feint out of your own parry attempt. Throwing out a light from the same direction is risky as your enemy was already prepared for you to throw out an attack and if they parry your light they get a bigger punish than from a heavy parry. If you see the enemy feinting their heavy then you should feint out of your parry attempt. You'll get the hang of it with practice and experience.

Lord_Cherubi
06-22-2018, 08:14 PM
The safest option is to always be prepared to feint out of your own parry attempt. Throwing out a light from the same direction is risky as your enemy was already prepared for you to throw out an attack and if they parry your light they get a bigger punish than from a heavy parry. If you see the enemy feinting their heavy then you should feint out of your parry attempt. You'll get the hang of it with practice and experience.

A bit unrelated question but out of curiousity: i understand that you play on console, how comfortable are you with parrying lights? Like normal attacks, no dodge ones.

I usually don't go for light parries because im not a parry god anyways but sometimes i try to sharpen my reflexes and try to catch my enemy's lights if i know he's throwing a lot of em but i usually get nothing :(

Vakris_One
06-22-2018, 11:04 PM
A bit unrelated question but out of curiousity: i understand that you play on console, how comfortable are you with parrying lights? Like normal attacks, no dodge ones.

I usually don't go for light parries because im not a parry god anyways but sometimes i try to sharpen my reflexes and try to catch my enemy's lights if i know he's throwing a lot of em but i usually get nothing :(
I'm on PC. I wouldn't say I'm comfortable at all with parrying 400-500ms lights on reaction. If they're 600ms like Highlander's lights or Warden and Kensei's side lights I can just about parry those on a good day but anything faster than that I'm not comfortable with unless I can predict it beforehand.

If my opponent uses a lot of lights I will usually go for trying to read his pattern and predict him instead of trying to parry them on raw reaction alone. It depends on the opponent though as well. For example I won't try to parry an Orochi's lights or a Bezerker's comboed lights because those two can switch up their attacks very quickly and along wither Zerker's hyper armour can punish you a lot for a missed parry attempt.

Lord_Cherubi
06-23-2018, 02:11 AM
I'm on PC. I wouldn't say I'm comfortable at all with parrying 400-500ms lights on reaction. If they're 600ms like Highlander's lights or Warden and Kensei's side lights I can just about parry those on a good day but anything faster than that I'm not comfortable with unless I can predict it beforehand.

If my opponent uses a lot of lights I will usually go for trying to read his pattern and predict him instead of trying to parry them on raw reaction alone. It depends on the opponent though as well. For example I won't try to parry an Orochi's lights or a Bezerker's comboed lights because those two can switch up their attacks very quickly and along wither Zerker's hyper armour can punish you a lot for a missed parry attempt.

Ah i see, thanks! I was worried im that much off since i hear people talking about light parries all the time and i rarely see any if it's not a dodge attack.

But yeah, i play on PS4 and parrying an Orochi light is something i propably won't see unless i become Spiderman.

Mirage6201
06-23-2018, 03:10 AM
Option Select if you have a fast zone. Option select is when you try to parry their feint by hitting your zone (light/heavy). If they let the heavy fly your zone will parry it. if they feinted it then your zone connects before the next attack.

Only works with fast zones.