PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling...

Mr_Stunner
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
That Altair's sequences for Revelations will be like the Lairs of Romulus and the Assassin's Tombs from previous games...
Just need to share this thought, feel free to discuss...

Mr_Stunner
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
That Altair's sequences for Revelations will be like the Lairs of Romulus and the Assassin's Tombs from previous games...
Just need to share this thought, feel free to discuss...

fox_634
06-11-2011, 06:09 AM
I fear so too.. And I'm a bit disappointed by that. I love Altair and it would be pretty cool to have him free roaming around huge city's and not during a short mission wich will take around 8minutes to beat. I would have liked to have Altair playing in Constatinople during the Byzantine's reign. And Ezio during the Ottoman's period. But no we'll probably only get to play some short sequences with Altair..

crash3
06-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Ill be really disappointed if the Altair missions are anything like the Christina missions from ACB which only lasted a few minutes each

I hope we get to play through proper sequences as Altair

LaCava1
06-11-2011, 06:52 AM
I actually thought that it would be that some of the full sequences would be full, Altair-only sequences, with a bunch of missions each, even though there would be many more Ezio sequences (they said much less Altair than Ezio). But now you have me thinking; what if they're not? I want a chance to free roam as my favorite character in the series without playing Assassin's Creed 1! Once you beat the game (assuming you are still in an Animus) you should be able to choose who to free roam as, and switch between them (a la Ultimate Spiderman). They would each have different side missions, different items in the stores, and different collectible items (Ezio has feathers or something, Altair has flags from the first game) in different locations.

crash3
06-11-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
I actually thought that it would be that some of the full sequences would be full, Altair-only sequences, with a bunch of missions each, even though there would be many more Ezio sequences (they said much less Altair than Ezio). But now you have me thinking; what if they're not? I want a chance to free roam as my favorite character in the series without playing Assassin's Creed 1! Once you beat the game (assuming you are still in an Animus) you should be able to choose who to free roam as, and switch between them (a la Ultimate Spiderman). They would each have different side missions, different items in the stores, and different collectible items (Ezio has feathers or something, Altair has flags from the first game) in different locations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope its like that too

Mr_Stunner
06-11-2011, 07:15 AM
^^ If that were true Ubisoft probably have announced it already, it would be a big selling-point having Altair's Free Roaming

Super_Sausage
06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
The location of the seals will be a Lair of Romulus type thing, but that's just to find the seals. The Altaïr gameplay will not be like a secret location. Hopefully he will get some freedom too - even the memory in AC2 had limited freerome (and you could kill most if the Templars if you did arial assassinations).

dxsxhxcx
06-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not expecting much of Altair sequences because I don't want to play the game and realize they are just a bunch of cutscenes where we run from point A to B, but in ACR where there's all this hype about Ezio following the steps of the "legendary" Altair, I would like to see more than 10 minutes of gameplay with him (since he only had one game in the main plataforms while Ezio has 3).. or if we have only 10 minutes of gameplay (in each seal.. hehe), at least make them intense, with some battles and not just run from point A to B...

talking about Ezio following Altair' steps, I also expect a wiser Ezio in this game, being more stealthy and following the rules of the creed (Never compromise the Brotherhood!!! xD), not exploding everything on his way and shouting he's Ezio Auditore da Firenze...

of course it wasn't this I saw in the demo they showed us, but I won't judge an entire game just because one mission...

Ranorm
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
In the Eurogamer preview it says
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the final game this kind of story mission will be complemented by plenty of side content, including more of the self-contained, almost episodic diversions that made up the Assassin's Tomb levels in ACII and the lairs of the followers of Romulus in Brotherhood. Ubisoft says these will have more of a narrative layer this time around too, rather than just being interesting and memorable curiosities.

One example of this may be the sections where Ezio relives Altair's memories – and within which you actually play as Altair. Whenever Ezio recovers one of Altair's artifacts he is transported back to a memory of the old master's life around Masayaf, allowing you to experience the assassin city at different points in its history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So maybe there is a faint glimmer of hope. I'm not counting my chickens though :/

Also, the fact they spelled Masyaf wrong annoys me.

phil.llllll
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mister_Stunner:
Just need to share this thought, feel free to discuss... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably but I seriously hope not. I hope they'll at least give us unscripted assassination missions for him.

DavidPV86
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I sense a heavy Bleeding effect is coming, probably some free roaming with Altair during the 13th century in Constantinople, Cappadocia and other locations, in which we have to accomplish some missions and gather information -aka REVELATIONS-

I also guess that Ezio will see Altair "visiting" legendary locations such as Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, the Great Palace of Constantinople etc etc, then the vision ends, and we explore those places in order to find the seals.....

And about the Black room, probably Desmond will have to "arrange" his memories in order to
open further secuences.

That would be cool....

Mic_92
06-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I read somewhere they took place in and around Masyaf so they will probably be more narrative-oriented sequences.

Sporkfighter
06-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I have a feeling that we are going to have something separate to replace the Assassin's Tombs and Lairs of Romulus just based on what Ubisoft has said about the new gameplay elements. I do think Altair flashbacks will be like Cristina Missions which would kind of suck but maybe the will be longer and have more true missiony stuff or at least I hope so.

lukaszep
06-12-2011, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DavidPV86:
I sense a heavy Bleeding effect is coming, probably some free roaming with Altair during the 13th century in Constantinople, Cappadocia and other locations, in which we have to accomplish some missions and gather information -aka REVELATIONS-

I also guess that Ezio will see Altair "visiting" legendary locations such as Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, the Great Palace of Constantinople etc etc, then the vision ends, and we explore those places in order to find the seals.....

And about the Black room, probably Desmond will have to "arrange" his memories in order to
open further secuences.

That would be cool.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we wouldn't have visions of Altair hiding the seals so that we could find them, because you only play as Altair once you find a seal.