PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent the salt

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 12:29 AM
So... I'm kinda new to the game but I feel like I've picked up the essentials pretty fast and have learned a bit, but there are some things that are realy frustrating the hell out of me....
My main hero is Orochi, love the mobility and speed, and counter-attacks are always nice. However, it feels like I am the ONLY person in ALL of my matches that can't land a single ****ing attack on an enemy that I parry, except for the top-light combo. Every person that parries my attacks ALWAYS get a free heavy, but that is impossible for me, no matter what hero I play.... At this point I feel like I might as well ignore parrying and only going for the double-edged sword that is deflect (hurricane blast and wind gust), because everything else is just a waste of time and effort...
Then I just faced off against another Orochi in 2v2, and **** was I surprised to learn that apparently none of his attacks could be dodged, even if I timed the dodge right (and yes, I know the storm rush top is undodgeable)... I'm talking about all the ****ing staggers all the ****ing time, but of course that doesn't apply when I do the same attacks on him...
And don't get me started on raider... just gonna watch him pick me up, carry me three laps across the ****ing globe, and put me down 40 years later, just in time to always throw me off a cliff or put a knee in my face, followed by 2-3 heavy attacks that I can't get up in time to dodge... but when I play that ****er I can barely get 1 heavy in before the enemy has stood up and can block my ****
At this point I feel like I can only do riptide strike -> top-light combo -> (perhaps zone attack or one heavy) -> and then have to back up to avoid getting caught in all the ********tery thrown at me... zephyr strikes are useful too, but as often as I land them, I feel that I equally often get caught in my enemy's attack that the sidestep SHOULD have dodged....

Salt over (for now) lol

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 12:35 AM
just to make it obvious (if it wasn't already), I just wanted to vent out my frustrations on some parts of the game mechanics, it's not aimed at anyone specific ^^
feel free to add to the ********-list if you feel like it xD

BirdDogInc
06-22-2018, 02:56 AM
Unfortunately the key to this post was you're "new". Unless you have been playing for months at the very least you're going to get owned. This game is NOT new player friendly.

BlowHard74728
06-22-2018, 03:02 AM
A word on the parry part. If you parry a heavy you can only get in a free light. If you parry a light you can get a free heavy with every hero.

Maybe youre only parrying the heavys and thats why you cant get a free heavy in.

1 raider most certainly cant get more then 1 free hit on you if you're knocked into a wall or thrown onto the ground. His heavys are too slow for that.

All it takes is some practice and youll get to know all the games mechanics soon enough

chugga1961
06-22-2018, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the frustrating game of no honor. And to add to your frustrations start enjoying getting ganked as well.

DrinkinMehStella
06-22-2018, 09:29 AM
you can only get a free heavy from parrying a light. any mirror match is hard especially when your both doing the same thing because is one person timing is off then it can make you miss that attack but theirs will hit. its like when im playing my kensei and play another kensei were both be doing the side dash attacks but only one will land and thats the person will the correct timing, I hate mirror matches. you have to mix up you light attacks with riptide strike and also remember orochi is a counter attacker so you your attacks in between their attacks.

ishisan4902
06-22-2018, 11:22 AM
I dont know if you know this but ill give my advice to easily distinguish if you parry a light there is a sound and flash effect this means you should attack with a heavy if you parried and no sound and flash that means thats a heavy and you should attack with a light.

voiddp
06-22-2018, 12:27 PM
I think that new orochis have to learn to block and counter GB.
Because imagine if you are as orochi get all you combos and dodges blocked. What will you do? And by that raider mentioning i can get you dont have counter GB reflexes.
So thats the next step - play vs orochis and try to fully block them off to see the frustration and repetitiveness of the "combos". :D

Darkmight_cz
06-22-2018, 12:46 PM
A word on the parry part. If you parry a heavy you can only get in a free light. If you parry a light you can get a free heavy with every hero.

Maybe youre only parrying the heavys and thats why you cant get a free heavy in.

1 raider most certainly cant get more then 1 free hit on you if you're knocked into a wall or thrown onto the ground. His heavys are too slow for that.

All it takes is some practice and youll get to know all the games mechanics soon enough

If yo parry light you can use side heavy that's guaranteed but not top heavy certainly not with raider. With raider you can use top heavy only after wall stun lock 😉

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately the key to this post was you're "new". Unless you have been playing for months at the very least you're going to get owned. This game is NOT new player friendly.

yeah, I'm new to the game and I know it's not new-friendly, but that also means I'm facing off against new players who haven't learned to combo, feint or the sort yet... I do feel pretty confident going up against stuff like valks, kensei, shugoki etc, but raider, warden and other orochis give me headaches every single time.... >.<

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 01:09 PM

well, that might be the case, I've not really thought of if it's a heavy or light I blocked, but good to keep in mind I guess :P

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the frustrating game of no honor. And to add to your frustrations start enjoying getting ganked as well.

well, I don't really mind that, it's natural :P only gets annoying when you actually do a 1v1 with an enemy, and one or two of their teammates lets you do the duel, but the last scumbag in their team decides to interrupt lol

you can only get a free heavy from parrying a light. any mirror match is hard especially when your both doing the same thing because is one person timing is off then it can make you miss that attack but theirs will hit. its like when im playing my kensei and play another kensei were both be doing the side dash attacks but only one will land and thats the person will the correct timing, I hate mirror matches. you have to mix up you light attacks with riptide strike and also remember orochi is a counter attacker so you your attacks in between their attacks.

that's the thing, I did time my dodges (the red indicator was flashing), yet his zephyr strikes kept hitting and I kept getting staggered lol.... back to the training grounds xD

I dont know if you know this but ill give my advice to easily distinguish if you parry a light there is a sound and flash effect this means you should attack with a heavy if you parried and no sound and flash that means thats a heavy and you should attack with a light.

thanks for the tip!

I think that new orochis have to learn to block and counter GB.
Because imagine if you are as orochi get all you combos and dodges blocked. What will you do? And by that raider mentioning i can get you dont have counter GB reflexes.
So thats the next step - play vs orochis and try to fully block them off to see the frustration and repetitiveness of the "combos". :D

nope, no CGB reflexes here, mostly because the keybind is ****ing cancer.... I'll have to bind it somewhere else, because the scroll wheel is not working well lol, having to move my index finger from LMB doesn't work when all I have is a split second to react :P
I've done enough practice on deflect to accurately land it about 50% of the time in pvp, so I guess that's something, it's just frustrating when facing off against, say, a warden... all they do is ****ing GB and one heavy, it's like warden-mains can't do anything besides that one combo xD

DrinkinMehStella
06-22-2018, 01:41 PM
orochi are a new players dream because the light spam is even to quick for me to react sometimes, at least 2 lights in a chain will hit me before I can block the third. If you want to counter the orochi use someone with hyper armour like berserker.

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 10:14 PM
Well, seems like you were absolutely right about mirror matchups tho, it's completely and utterly CANCEROUS, it's probably the worst **** I've ever experienced, because no matter how good or bad my opponent or I am, I always end up on the losing side of it lol.... the hit me through dodges, deal damage whenever I am supposed to take none etc lol

MuscleTech12018
06-22-2018, 11:06 PM
definitely not good enough. Now that you vented your frustration while playing an op char .... git gud is you next step :D

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 11:34 PM
definitely not good enough. Now that you vented your frustration while playing an op char .... git gud is you next step :D

Op in what way? my attacks do dmg like a mosquito, unles it's the deflect counter, in which case it's high-risk high-reward lol
If you want to talk op, look at aramusha... never seen an assassin hit like a ****ing shugoki with a regular heavy xD

LordAwoz
06-22-2018, 11:37 PM
but at the same time, this thread is doing wonders to my frustrations lol, just typing all of this out lets the steam off at least a little bit.... I know I'm not a pro (I've seen the youtube videos, I'm nowhere near that), but at the level I am currently at many heroes are just ******** strong most of the time :P
at least I'm not raging enough to want all those who kill me to get nerfed lol

chugga1961
06-23-2018, 12:33 AM
Don't start on git **** phrase

ishisan4902
06-23-2018, 06:11 PM
If your having trouble with cgb best advice I could give you is don't use the visual cue to react much better to use the sound try it on training and remap the button to F. This should make it easier to cgb.

UbiInsulin
06-23-2018, 08:40 PM
but at the same time, this thread is doing wonders to my frustrations lol, just typing all of this out lets the steam off at least a little bit.... I know I'm not a pro (I've seen the youtube videos, I'm nowhere near that), but at the level I am currently at many heroes are just ******** strong most of the time :P
at least I'm not raging enough to want all those who kill me to get nerfed lol

Sometimes it can help to vent! And I appreciate that you walked us through all the specific instances that are causing you problems.

If you're hitting a wall, you could always try partnering with someone who plays your problem match-ups, just to get more practice in and find out what works.

All of my match-ups are problem match-ups to be honest, but practicing with UbiJurassic was still a lot of fun.

ChampionRuby50g
06-23-2018, 10:33 PM
that's the thing, I did time my dodges (the red indicator was flashing), yet his zephyr strikes kept hitting and I kept getting staggered lol.... back to the training grounds xD

If I recall this correctly, this move is undodgeable and must be blocked or parried, you might be able to deflect it. You can tell if something is undodgeable by the blueish tint on the sword and the slight visual ques when he attacks. I could be wrong though.

LordAwoz
06-24-2018, 07:50 PM
If your having trouble with cgb best advice I could give you is don't use the visual cue to react much better to use the sound try it on training and remap the button to F. This should make it easier to cgb.

I found this advice on youtube too, but I haven't understood yet how I am to respond to the audio cue, although I've started succeeding with a few cgb's (about 10% perhaps?), after I remapped the button to one on my mouse, the scroll wheel is just cancer (now I have forward) :P

Sometimes it can help to vent! And I appreciate that you walked us through all the specific instances that are causing you problems.

If you're hitting a wall, you could always try partnering with someone who plays your problem match-ups, just to get more practice in and find out what works.

All of my match-ups are problem match-ups to be honest, but practicing with UbiJurassic was still a lot of fun.

Not that many in friendslist who play FH, and even fewer who play consistently... I want to get really good (because my brain is telling me to be competetive), but that's hard if I never have a sparring partner at my level lol

If I recall this correctly, this move is undodgeable and must be blocked or parried, you might be able to deflect it. You can tell if something is undodgeable by the blueish tint on the sword and the slight visual ques when he attacks. I could be wrong though.

I think you are referring to storm rush top (back-dodge + heavy), that is undodgable, I'm not sure zephyr strikes are (side-dodge + light), since I've countered a zephy strike with another zephyr strike a few times (if I was not mistaken)