PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to cross-platform?

KamenzRyder
06-21-2018, 10:38 PM
I love an idea to combination toys with video game and I have a question about this.

Will a game cross-play like Forgnite, Mycraft, and other games?

Will a miniatures compatible with another console? e.g. If I have PS4 and Switch, can I put a miniature of Switch version to my PS4?

Ubi-Alien
06-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Hey KamenzRyder,

Physical toys are not bound to a specific platform. All you need is the controller mount included in the Starter Pack.

So, let's say you want to buy the Neptune Starship: you can just buy it and then attach it to your controller mount included in the Starter Pack and that's it!

I need to double-check for your question about switching the toy from PS4 to Switch after you've started using it on one of those two platforms. I'll try to get back to you as soon as I receive more information.

Starlink supports drop-in drop-out split screen multiplayer throughout the game. We love local multiplayer, and it works particularly well with the starship collectibles as players can share and swap parts to build ships that complement each other. Therefore, cross-play is not supported because you need to play the game on the same console.

Update regarding your question about switching the toy from PS4 to Switch: yes, you can swap any of the toys with any of the platforms, and that includes pilots, ships, wings and weapons, so you can bring your toys over to your friends house and use them on their console even if it is different from yours. The exception is Switch-exclusive toys including Pilot Fox McCloud and the Arwing.

KamenzRyder
06-25-2018, 02:03 AM
Sound great! Thank you very much.

Ramiro_78
09-23-2018, 01:20 AM
I'm really excited for this game and I was wondering about cross platforming too, cause I already pre-ordered switch and PS4 versions and was worried about having too buy the same set for both systems, I love starships games and I'm fan of star fox since the SNES can't wait to try it out, any news will be appreciated it, thanks in advance.

PenKhadaji
06-08-2019, 05:18 AM
With the relatively recent release of PC, will cross-platform play be revisited?