PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Storyline & other thoughts

rob.davies2014
06-21-2018, 08:28 PM
So I've just discovered that the Juno storyline was moved to, and resolved in, the comics. I think this is very poor storytelling on Ubisoft's part. She was an integral part of the AC3 finale, and was built up to be this new villain, then she just twiddled her thumbs for 6 years and was killed off in a comic. If Ubisoft want to have a modern day storyline (which I think they should) then they really need to own it. Stringing along and dropping all these plotlines is just frustrating.

I'm glad to hear Layla will be back in the Odyssey because I really think they series needs to work on its continuity and interconnectedness. I think they'd also do well to give a few of their historical protagonists sequel games now and then. For the past few games everything has felt so isolated and detached. For all their faults at least AC1-3 had a narrative thread which tied things together.

I also think the series would benefit from revisiting the initial logic of genetic memory exploration, in that a person in the modern day would use the animus to explore the memories of their direct ancestor. I felt there was a stronger connection with Altair, Ezio, and Connor knowing that Desmond was seeing his ancestors. I think there's a lot of scope for some interesting story telling there. Especially when exploring the memories of ancestors closer to you in time. The nameless, faceless initiate idea isn't very compelling in my opinion.

I'd also like to see us follow specific pieces of Eden across different games and seeing their wider importance like the apple in the Desmond trilogy, instead of getting a new PoE every game.

And while we're at it, let's bring back social stealth. Origins was about the founding of the Brotherhood and the whole idea of hiding amongst the people was totally neglected from the game. And then they had the cheek to have Amunet disappear into the crowd in a cutscene! Grrr.

Rant over.