PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Assassins Creed Marathon

cawatrooper9
06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone!

Just FYI since I haven't seen this here yet, this year's Assassin's Creed streaming marathon is starting soon, on June 27th!

If you're interested in streaming, watching, or just generally being involved with this event, I'd suggest checking out the event announcement (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/8sjhd9/the_2018_assassins_creed_marathon_is_one_week/) for more information.

Looks like the schedule is:

June 27th - Assassin's Creed
July 2nd - Assassin's Creed II
July 14th - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
July 23rd - Assassin's Creed: Revelations
July 31st - Assassin's Creed III
August 10th - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
August 21st - Assassin's Creed IV: Freedom Cry
August 23rd - Assassin's Creed Rogue
August 29th - Assassin's Creed Unity
September 10th - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
September 21st - Assassin's Creed Origins
October 5th - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Release

Looks like a pretty tight schedule this time, so it will definitely be a challenge worthy to take on!

MnemonicSyntax
06-21-2018, 08:03 PM
I do this every summer. Right now I'm about to move to Revelations. Fun stuff.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2018, 08:24 PM
I do this every summer. Right now I'm about to move to Revelations. Fun stuff.

Good stuff, Revelations is one of my favorite games in the series.

I know you stream sometimes, but you should totally join the marathon!

MnemonicSyntax
06-21-2018, 08:29 PM

I know you stream sometimes, but you should totally join the marathon!

Eh. I'm not a Reddit fan.

Frag_Maniac
06-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Proof that people that do these things have nothing better to do, not even caring that Revelations is commonly mentioned as worst in series.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Proof that people that do these things have nothing better to do, not even caring that Revelations is commonly mentioned as worst in series.

It's also mentioned by many as one of the best.

Funny, the subjectivity of opinion...

ProdiGurl
06-21-2018, 09:04 PM
I LOVED Revelations for a few reasons - it's not as if this is an AC Revelations Marathon only until Odyssey releases.
I don't get the chronic negative about a series people supposedly like?

Frag_Maniac
06-21-2018, 09:23 PM
It's also mentioned by many as one of the best.

Funny, the subjectivity of opinion...
I would say more like a tiny cult following than "many". Many of the features of Revelations were a bad experiment, and when you don't see them carrying over into any other AC title, that tells me more people hated than loved them. Tower defense was one of them. They also had a bluntly curved zip line hook that could be used as a stabbing weapon, which made no sense. Then there were the captains that took off then reappeared instantly, which made the whole purpose of stealth while outpost raiding redundant. Then there was that obnoxious, insulting sidekick Yusuf. The Eagle Vision was also the darkest and hardest to use of an AC. The game world looked very bland and had no interesting vistas to climb. Rooftops were littered with riflemen so parkour was limited. I mean I could go on and on.

It was just a cluster f*#k of a game that lacked a well thought out design and felt rushed.

cawatrooper9
06-21-2018, 09:26 PM
I would say more like a tiny cult following than "many". Many of the features of Revelations were a bad experiment, and when you don't see them carrying over into any other AC title, that tells me more people hated than loved them. Tower defense was one of them. They also had a bluntly curved zip line hook that could be used as a stabbing weapon, which made no sense. Then there were the captains that took off then reappeared instantly, which made the whole purpose of stealth while outpost raiding redundant. Then there was that obnoxious, insulting sidekick Yusuf.

It was just a cluster f*#k of a game that lacked a well thought out design and felt rushed.

Sure, there were definitely some issues with gameplay.

What I enjoy about it comes from the story.

Anyway, back on topic...

Frag_Maniac
06-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Sure, there were definitely some issues with gameplay.

What I enjoy about it comes from the story.

Anyway, back on topic...
Back on topic? It's one of the games on the list. Is discussion here supposed to be limited to streams of those games and not the games themselves? If so, what's the point of even revisiting them, via stream or otherwise?

MnemonicSyntax
06-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Wanted to clarify the hookblade ja two parts you see, the hook and the blade. An elegant design.

But seriously, it does have a stabbing end.

ProdiGurl
06-21-2018, 10:24 PM
Just for the record, I must have hurt Frag's feelings or he got sick of comments about the chronic negativity so I'm on block now.
So I have no idea what his comments are & won't be responding unless I see someone quote his posts - otherwise I probly would.
Just as well - if you hate these games so much, why bother with the series or this forum - gets old.

Frag_Maniac
06-21-2018, 10:30 PM
So I'm not allowed to give basic opinions on the drastic changes in THIS title without being stereotyped as a hater of all AC games? Who are you kidding?

All I'm doing is pointing out the contradictions. They say we can customize combat style by not unlocking over the top moves, yet force fancy roll move and spear tip to replace shield and dagger. Even Achilles in Troy, whom had much fancier moves than anything in this game, used a shield, and he was a demi-god

MnemonicSyntax
06-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Just for the record, I must have hurt Frag's feelings or he got sick of comments about the chronic negativity so I'm on block now.
So I have no idea what his comments are & won't be responding unless I see someone quote his posts - otherwise I probly would.
Just as well - if you hate these games so much, why bother with the series or this forum - gets old.

I uh... think he's gone. All his posts are gone. I logged out and he's just... vanished.

ProdiGurl
06-21-2018, 11:07 PM
OHHH, ummm. My bad. I hope I didn't cause that it's just that he looked like he was ready to have a go at Cawatrooper just for saying Revelations was his favorite.... thanks for the info.

karoomii
06-22-2018, 02:27 PM
I am getting pretty tensed up about getting Odyssey. Each day I get a little more excited. Maybe this marathon will help pass time lmao.

Locopells
06-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Oh boy...

Did this last year, for the for time in two years, thanks to getting a new gaming rig, but not sure I'm gonna have time this year, with Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September...

MnemonicSyntax
06-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Back on topic? It's one of the games on the list. Is discussion here supposed to be limited to streams of those games and not the games themselves? If so, what's the point of even revisiting them, via stream or otherwise?

You're missing the point. We're playing them all, in order. Not all of them are great. Not all of them are our favorites. But they do something for us that makes them worthwhile to play.

You don't have to participate, which is what the topic actually consists of, not going off on the choices that the marathon team make.

OxIdOAC
06-23-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm doing marathons for over a decade now, not mainly AC series but other games too.. It all depends on the game series that is about to be released it's newest sequel (prequel).
There's not to many at all, just a few game sagas i follow for last 10~15 years or so... I did AC last year with BF, Rogue and Ezio trilogy on PS3 (got them cheap on PS store last year)
This year is Tomb Raider just to get in the mood for the third one (starting in a few weeks). Other games i do in marathons are Mass Effect, Sniper Elite, Metal Gear Solid HD collection (PS3) with addition of Ground Zero and Phantom Pain on PC. And there's Witcher marathon, then Far Cry (Blood Dragon and 5 excluded, just hate it too much) and a few other solo games that i love to play from time to time..
I would just name 2 because i'm constantly play'em for years now, Diablo III and Oddworld (from 1997 on PSX, then PC)...
Before AC Syndicate i did a complete easy half a year marathon of all AC games prior the Syndicate on PC. So no AC marathon this or the next year...
So, guys, have fun playing..

ProdiGurl
06-23-2018, 06:55 PM
Wow, that's pretty amazing! I'd have to fire up my X360.... games take me forever to play & replay - I do way too much of the menial stuff & Looting. You must stick to main missions in marathon gaming?

Black_Widow9
06-25-2018, 01:55 AM
For the reddit AC Marathons, they stick to the story and do one sequence/memory a day I believe. There are also giveaways for participating. ;)

MnemonicSyntax
06-25-2018, 02:18 AM
Hmm, not seeing your post for some reason, Black_Widow9.

EDIT: And now I am. Looks like it took another post to make yours visible?

HDinHB
06-25-2018, 02:24 AM
For the reddit AC Marathons, they stick to the story and do one sequence/memory a day I believe. There are also giveaways for participating. ;)

Giveaways? :rolleyes:

Black_Widow9
06-25-2018, 02:56 AM
Giveaways? :rolleyes:
You don't have to participate... Who doesn't like free stuff? :O

I think it's a cool way to replay them all and discuss each sequence/memory instead of as a whole with other players.

cawatrooper9
06-25-2018, 02:31 PM

Yeah- this year, I'd keep a pretty close look out for a schedule. They're still sticking to 100 days, so it's going to be pretty tight (I think they may have dropped some DLC to make it work), but it'll be interesting to see how Origins is divided up.