PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes v1.25

FredEx919
06-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Greetings everyone,

We've just posted our latest run of patch notes (v1.25). You can find the full notes over on our website at the link below. This patch will go live next week on Thursday 6/28/18. Full maintenance times and details will be posted closer to the live date.

For Honor Patch v1.25 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-329154-16/patch-notes-125)

Knight_Raime
06-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Glad they let orochi delay those attacks. Sometimes it pays off to be an annoyance :P
However didn't see any mention of fixing riptides bug.

Also seems like shamans indicator bug was finally fixed in this patch. woot.
Patch mentions all side dodges are 600ms now. Does that include highlanders offensive form dash?

Arekonator
06-21-2018, 09:59 PM
I am just happy the conq full block minion proc is finaly fixed.

Kryltic
06-21-2018, 10:20 PM
I am just happy the conq full block minion proc is finaly fixed.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Aramusha can do the same trick.

ChampionRuby50g
06-22-2018, 02:23 AM
[Bug fix] Fixed an issue where heroes could spam attacks after unlocking to go into out of lock, but they kept using their locked attacks. Now it properly uses the Out of Lock attacks

Does this mean if a raider uses his zone and is not locked on to me, Iíll be able to parry it now?

BlowHard74728
06-22-2018, 05:56 AM
[Bug fix] Fixed an issue where heroes could spam attacks after unlocking to go into out of lock, but they kept using their locked attacks. Now it properly uses the Out of Lock attacks

Does this mean if a raider uses his zone and is not locked on to me, Iíll be able to parry it now?

Dear god if thats what it means I could rid away my salty tears with joy

DrinkinMehStella
06-22-2018, 11:11 AM
overall seems like a good little patch, I like it now we wont lose health on drop attacks success. and also the revenge buff HP to 120 is a god send so thank you for this, it wont help the deathball meta as a whole but should have an impact and should keep us alive until reinforcement.

HazelrahFirefly
06-22-2018, 10:51 PM
Shout out to Fred for appearing on the WD!

Logan_Pelaez
06-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Making every side dodge 600 ms is a mistake. You are taking away some of the uniqueness that a few heroes had. Shaman, Berserk and Aramusha right?

In the case of the shaman and maybe the berserk they need some balancing, but the Aramusha is a one trick pony and besides he does not has a side dodge attack unlike the other two.

Taking away this from him is reducing his already little kit as it is. Besides...the heroes needs to be unique in some way...the pk poison, shugoki has super armor, Valk has her block when she attacks and so on...I can not give numbers, I am not that technical, just my honest opinion.

CandleInTheDark
06-24-2018, 06:46 AM
Hmm, I have a question over the antitoxicity.measures.

Call me a cynical old so and so because I am one (well young to early middle aged?) but I foresee a potential problem

The use of offensive words in the Text Chat is now automatically tracked and will be used in conjunction with player reports to apply appropriate sanctions to offensive players (bolding mine)

So I've been around the block a little, I have seen people, let us say encourage, arguments with words that wouldn't hit any offensive filter. Is it going to be a case of the system tracks the time of reports with pings of the offensive word filter or is someone going to read the whole context of the conversation before an appeal needs to be made? Because I have just seen an argument that went on over the end round of a few skirmish games and I can see the system being gamed.

FredEx919
06-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Making every side dodge 600 ms is a mistake. You are taking away some of the uniqueness that a few heroes had. Shaman, Berserk and Aramusha right?

Good points. We'll definitely keep an eye on the gameplay and feedback to see where things are at following the launch of v1.25. Lets see how things play out.

Hmm, I have a question over the antitoxicity.measures.

Call me a cynical old so and so because I am one (well young to early middle aged?) but I foresee a potential problem

The use of offensive words in the Text Chat is now automatically tracked and will be used in conjunction with player reports to apply appropriate sanctions to offensive players (bolding mine)

So I've been around the block a little, I have seen people, let us say encourage, arguments with words that wouldn't hit any offensive filter. Is it going to be a case of the system tracks the time of reports with pings of the offensive word filter or is someone going to read the whole context of the conversation before an appeal needs to be made? Because I have just seen an argument that went on over the end round of a few skirmish games and I can see the system being gamed.

Let me get some clarification on how this will work for everyone.

FredEx919
06-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Shout out to Fred for appearing on the WD!

Haha yea, they found me! I wasn't expecting that at all lol. E3 was really a great time! :p

SpaceJim12
06-26-2018, 09:30 AM
This chat control could be fine addition.
But what if I just answered for offensive words addressed to me? Or should we all must be carefull until now?

And still, there are still a lot disrespectful tools to insult players. What about emote spam above dead opponent?

Vakris_One
06-26-2018, 09:48 AM
This chat control could be fine addition.
But what if I just answered for offensive words addressed to me? Or should we all must be carefull until now?

And still, there are still a lot disrespectful tools to insult players. What about emote spam above dead opponent?
Well there's a big difference between using an emote to teabag and typing non-stop personal insults, racial slurs and the other typical toxicity like telling people to kill themselves. I'm guessing Ubi are putting these new measures in specifically to tackle the extreme cases like the ones I mentioned that have become so common place in this game. Emote spam is very, very tame stuff especially compared to the directly offensive bile I've seen people post in chat.

SpaceJim12
06-26-2018, 11:15 AM
Well there's a big difference between using an emote to teabag and typing non-stop personal insults, racial slurs and the other typical toxicity like telling people to kill themselves. I'm guessing Ubi are putting these new measures in specifically to tackle the extreme cases like the ones I mentioned that have become so common place in this game. Emote spam is very, very tame stuff especially compared to the directly offensive bile I've seen people post in chat.

Well, fortunatly I saw not so many really bad insults in chat.I mean things, when people wish you to die or somehing.
But I think you right here, it could be worse problem. Still, if we want to stop toxicity in game, all types of offensive behavior should be under control.

We.the.North
06-28-2018, 02:10 PM

On the contrary, I'm quite happy about this change. As a Shinobi Player, 500 ms recovery on dodge was a PAIN.

First exemple : A Shinobi couldn't land a ranged GB before a Shaman stops his movement of his dodge attack. However, by the time he stops his movement, he could already counter guardbreak. As a result, there was no way to bait / backflip a dodge attack from the Shaman and punish it.

Second exemple : Baiting an early dodge from your opponent with quad dodging and punishing with a kick + ranged heavy is now a common tool in the Shinobi's kit. However, I've seen Aramusha able to dodge the first double dodge, also dodge the second double dodge kick and recover in time to parry the ranged heavy.

TLDR : There shouldn't be classes in the game able to negate complete part of other classes kit.

Now that those 3 are fixed, reduce the Kensei tracking ability of his attack (Shinobi = 32% win rate against Kensei for that reason) and Shinobi winrates might become a little less "polarized". While we're at it, give a way to punish Shinobi more easily to Warden, Warlord and Lawbringer (altho, Lawbringer popping revenge in 1v1 with his 150 hp is kindda broken).

Halvtand
06-28-2018, 04:03 PM

I want an answer to this as well.

RexXZ347
06-28-2018, 06:27 PM

I agree. Aramusha's one unique special capabilities as stated and given by YOUR team is "very good dodges" if he was nerfed on that part then he don't live up to what he's expected to do. But that's ok, giving him a dodge attack would be a good idea.

Shadow092282
06-28-2018, 06:35 PM
Iím sorry but CONSTANTLY nerfing dodge is ****ING STUPID!!! Youíre trying to create a game that mimics real fighting scenarios and to dodge is a crucial resource to fighting! Obviously the one who created this dumb idea has NEVER fought in a real life fight! Yeah you just lost me as a For Honor Player!

pootybear2013
06-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Will this side dodge recovery make it so Conqís SB is actually punishable? For characters without a side dodge attack his SB can be a real pain.

RexXZ347
06-29-2018, 04:48 PM
Will this side dodge recovery make it so Conqís SB is actually punishable? For characters without a side dodge attack his SB can be a real pain.

they could have just nerf his side dodge only not other characters too.

RenegadeTX2000
06-30-2018, 01:45 AM
I'm definitely not touching Aramusha now. that man will ruin any kind of K/D I attempted to improve on. That man is Ganondorf bad now... Keep him away from me lmfaoo...

Highlander still solid, 600ms dodges just means he can take advantage with it more against enemies in offense stance even if he lost the crazy dodges.

ChampionRuby50g
06-30-2018, 02:11 AM

Too everyone who wants to know the answer to this question... the answer is still no. You canít parry unblockable attacks when the opponent switches lock at last second to an ally. This happened to me multiple times last night, although Iíve yet to test it myself so I canít say with 100% certainty. Probably 95% certain you canít.

Logan_Pelaez
06-30-2018, 04:00 AM
TLDR : There shouldn't be classes in the game able to negate complete part of other classes kit.

With all due respect, I disagree. There should be...why? Because in this type of games there should be classes that are better against others and those same classes should be really bad with others.

A game like this can not be 100% fair with every character, I insist, uniqueness is a keyword in these games.

I think about this like pokemon or overwatch, some characters are stronger or weaker against others. That way it will force you to adapt and change strategy, this also helps you to think more strategically. In dominion or even brawl, when I see a character that I am weak against, I switch my opponent with my partner, you can't be that good against everybody, so, learn to pick your fights.

Also that is why we got the new training mode, to learn new ways to counter certain moves that some character has.

This game is not that straight foward. There are mind games, ability and more. If you have an enemy with a strong defense, poke at him and little by little beat it or maybe you have to be extremely agressive to beat it etc etc...

You are a shinobi player, I am an Aramusha player, we have to change our way of fighting but by using what we have, not by taking it away and this side dodge recovery was part of the Aramusha's kit.

Logan_Pelaez
06-30-2018, 04:09 AM
I agree. Aramusha's one unique special capabilities as stated and given by YOUR team is "very good dodges" if he was nerfed on that part then he don't live up to what he's expected to do. But that's ok, giving him a dodge attack would be a good idea.

Besides...how many characters had 500ms dodge? If I am right, Aramusha, Shaman and Berserk. Not that many in order to need to normalize the side dodge.