PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer UB

Lord_Cherubi
06-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Not a complaint but should his side UB's be undodgeable? Just now i was fighting this dodge-happy shinobi and alltho it clearly looks like im hitting him im not, it looks rather wonky if you ask me

UbiJurassic
06-21-2018, 02:54 AM
Not a complaint but should his side UB's be undodgeable? Just now i was fighting this dodge-happy shinobi and alltho it clearly looks like im hitting him im not, it looks rather wonky if you ask me

An unblockable with an undodable priority would be super scary and perhaps not the best balance-wise.

Unblockables have always been defined on the inability to block the move, with the only defensive options being to dodge or stand your ground and parry. Taking away a players ability to dodge an unblockable effectively negates the defenders options by 66%, leaving parrying as their only option.

Instead of going through with the side UB on Lawbringer, try feinting it into a GB to catch those more dodge-happy opponents.

Lord_Cherubi
06-21-2018, 07:42 AM
An unblockable with an undodable priority would be super scary and perhaps not the best balance-wise.

Unblockables have always been defined on the inability to block the move, with the only defensive options being to dodge or stand your ground and parry. Taking away a players ability to dodge an unblockable effectively negates the defenders options by 66%, leaving parrying as their only option.

Instead of going through with the side UB on Lawbringer, try feinting it into a GB to catch those more dodge-happy opponents.

Im sorry, that was a weak explanation on my part. I should clarify that a side UB should be avoidable by dodging back. But when the tiny assasins dodge it to left or right it just seems so off to me because that thing is huge.

It's more of a visual annoyance than actual problem so i might be alone with this but it would be awesome to finish them off mid-dodge.

Thank you for the reply, maybe i didn't think this trough, limiting defender's options to parry and just a back dodge might not be good balancing