PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding FB Tracks and Trackir

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:32 AM
With Tracks being able to 'playback' the pilots head movement from inside the cockpit (with the manual view control switched off), and with FB already seperating mouse movement from Trackir movement (called enhanced mode I believe) I've been wondering about the following:

Would it be possible for a recorded track to 'retain' the pilots head movement in external view even if manual control was selected, instead of the the pilots head being 'locked' in straight ahead position.

I think it would look great to be able to see this in operation, what with looking at cockpit instruments, checking six and tracking planes etc, yet still be able to pan around in external view.

This is in no way a whinge or critism, I just think it would be a great addition to the 'realism' of the tracks. As it looks good when you look at an ai pilot and see their head tracking the target etc already.

Another 'nice touch' might be the use of the 'slumped dead pilot' to be shown for the duration of a blackout.

It would make for great track editing and playback too.

I have no idea how much of a programming issue this would cause, so I won't hazard any guess, but if it were reasonably possible, then I think it would add quite a bit to the tracks feature./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

(BTW for me, FB+Trackir=awesome combination for immersion)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rook

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:32 AM
With Tracks being able to 'playback' the pilots head movement from inside the cockpit (with the manual view control switched off), and with FB already seperating mouse movement from Trackir movement (called enhanced mode I believe) I've been wondering about the following:

Would it be possible for a recorded track to 'retain' the pilots head movement in external view even if manual control was selected, instead of the the pilots head being 'locked' in straight ahead position.

I think it would look great to be able to see this in operation, what with looking at cockpit instruments, checking six and tracking planes etc, yet still be able to pan around in external view.

This is in no way a whinge or critism, I just think it would be a great addition to the 'realism' of the tracks. As it looks good when you look at an ai pilot and see their head tracking the target etc already.

Another 'nice touch' might be the use of the 'slumped dead pilot' to be shown for the duration of a blackout.

It would make for great track editing and playback too.

I have no idea how much of a programming issue this would cause, so I won't hazard any guess, but if it were reasonably possible, then I think it would add quite a bit to the tracks feature./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

(BTW for me, FB+Trackir=awesome combination for immersion)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rook

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Bump/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif