PDA

View Full Version : If the devs are intent on no quit penalty the bots need fixing

CandleInTheDark
06-20-2018, 03:48 PM
This is getting a little triggering now Ubi. If a team starts with bot allies then they will wind up trailing until real people take over, if people quit then the bots might as well not be there as they only feed renown to the enemy team. The bots don't do basic things, they don't feint, they rarely interrupt revives or executions and they don't hold out ten seconds against one opponent let alone a few of them, as soon as you get bots on your team you are going to struggle.

Let's compare and contrast:

A couple days ago I was on a team that were 500 behind and down to the last man in breaking. I had gone to chat on discord because the afk timer doesn't kick in when you're dead with no respawn and I was just waiting for my xp at this point. Suddenly out of nowhere I hear 'Your team rallied' and the four of us, because this was one of the 1% of PUG games that one or two didn't quit as soon as the opponents hit 900 points, won the game.

Right before writing this post, my team started comfortably, we had all three zones at one point. Suddenly one person quits, we lose all three and we're a few hundred points behind, a second person quits and we don't win another zone. Suddenly tier four feats are flying all over the place from the enemy that hadn't been competing well before that point.

If the devs are not going to target the kind of player who writes 'obvious loss' and leaves their teammates in a bad situation, they need to at least help those teammates left behind because those players who leave a game the moment it seems like the next three or four minutes will be on a losing game, because why sit through that when they can go right into the next one, negatively impact the game for the people they are teamed with.

Edited to add

And I do understand the reasoning that the devs want one place, ranked, where players are locked in and they acknowledge that if they quit it affects their ranking and matchmaking when they sign up for the mode and one that is for casual come in and leave when needed play, I am not arguing against that, but right now there is no population in ranked and regular casual play dominion is all we have.

Knight_Raime
06-20-2018, 07:22 PM
imho ranked/tourney should be scrapped and the devs take another shot at it.
and quit penalty should exist for all modes regardless of ranked or not.
I'll personally take a quit penalty if i'm matched vs the same guy repeatedly.
But quitting needs to be punished.

HazelrahFirefly
06-20-2018, 07:48 PM
There's been threads about this so I dont want to reiterate my point in whole - but I'm all for the quit penalty.

I disapprove of those who quit just because they're losing, but if someone is lagging incredibly bad then it's just not right that we should be forced to not-actually-play for the duration of a dominion.

So, I dont want it returned, but what about an incentive to allow the game to be over in place of it?
Ex: Defenders are up by 800 points and the Attackers know it's a loss. What if they can vote, during their respawn screen, to forfeit. The rest of the team can then vote and if 3 of 4 vote for the forfeit (the majority) the match ends and rewards are dealt out, BUT less xp then if it is allowed to conclude naturally.

This won't exactly help my lag circumstance, but you could vote on that too and perhaps even be able to pick the reason for the poll, just like they have for reporting players.

KSI_TheMadKing
06-20-2018, 08:57 PM
What exactly do you lose when the other team is going to win. Other than the obvious. Why do you need or want to quit just so you can get into another 3 minutes quicker. I've never understood threads like this. If your losing its normaly because your team isn't doing well. You are on that team. You helped contribute to the loss. Dont tell me it was all the team. That you have 20 takedowns but your team is holding you back. If you getting ganked wait for a teammate before you go rushing in to take a point.The games dont last that long and you can just wait the 3 minutes. Yes its frustrating to be on a losing team, yes its frustrating when you think your the only one doing anything and yes its frustrating fighting 3 people at one time.

Side note if a teammate does quit you should get a bot that is at least a lvl 2 preferably a lvl 3.

If I'm missing the point my bad

HazelrahFirefly
06-20-2018, 09:09 PM
What exactly do you lose when the other team is going to win. Other than the obvious. Why do you need or want to quit just so you can get into another 3 minutes quicker. I've never understood threads like this. If your losing its normaly because your team isn't doing well. You are on that team. You helped contribute to the loss. Dont tell me it was all the team. That you have 20 takedowns but your team is holding you back. If you getting ganked wait for a teammate before you go rushing in to take a point.The games dont last that long and you can just wait the 3 minutes. Yes its frustrating to be on a losing team, yes its frustrating when you think your the only one doing anything and yes its frustrating fighting 3 people at one time.

Side note if a teammate does quit you should get a bot that is at least a lvl 2 preferably a lvl 3.

Whom are you responding to?

ChampionRuby50g
06-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Yesterday I joined a game on beachhead, with 2 other random players to back up one player who had been left with 3 bots. The score was 800-200. To cut a long story short, my team ended up winning, after going ham with takedowns and objectives. This just shows how much better players are than bots, even when not working together. Bots need a serious overhaul, and have for a long time.

Mirage6201
06-20-2018, 10:39 PM
Agree! Level 3 bots for top tier. Level 3 bots are stilll a guaranteed kill but atleast they are good turtles bc of their god parrying ability.

CandleInTheDark
06-20-2018, 10:48 PM

It sounds like you're assuming i am arguing people should be able to quit, if so you are missing point yeah, I would rather there be there be a quit penalty but they said recently there is no intent for one in regular play which is why i am saying they need to fix the bots.

Agree! Level 3 bots for top tier. Level 3 bots are stilll a guaranteed kill but atleast they are good turtles bc of their god parrying ability.

Level 2 aren't enough, that's what my teams have been getting and they die depressingly quickly,I can throw kensei top unlockable with no change of direction and they will eat eight in ten.

BirdDogInc
06-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Devs have zero idea on how to manage the game. Once again pathetic PvP in every aspect

CandleInTheDark
06-21-2018, 01:40 AM
imho ranked/tourney should be scrapped and the devs take another shot at it.
and quit penalty should exist for all modes regardless of ranked or not.
I'll personally take a quit penalty if i'm matched vs the same guy repeatedly.
But quitting needs to be punished.

Didn't catch this last time so easier to post again as I am using a tablet. I posted ideas for tournament changes here and on reddit yesterday.

I'd prefer a quit penalty myself because while i get important stuff can happen,usually out happens longer than ten minutes and most quitting I am seeing is from a losing position. If not then yeah the bots need an overhaul of some kind.

Knight_Raime
06-21-2018, 01:48 AM
Didn't catch this last time so easier to post again as I am using a tablet. I posted ideas for tournament changes here and on reddit yesterday.

I'd prefer a quit penalty myself because while i get important stuff can happen,usually out happens longer than ten minutes and most quitting I am seeing is from a losing position. If not then yeah the bots need an overhaul of some kind.

got a link so I can look over the suggestions later tonight?

CandleInTheDark
06-21-2018, 01:57 AM
got a link so I can look over the suggestions later tonight?

Not one I know how to give on phone or tablet at work lol. It is bottom of page 4 (so maybe page 5 later) and on regular and competitive subreddit with the title make ranked 4v4 great...(I wish I could say again), clickbaity title I know, sorry about that lol

ArmoredChocobo
06-21-2018, 06:31 AM
PvP bots NEED to be level 3s.

Right now they’re worse than being down a teammate cuz they feed kills to the enemy, the level 2 bots can’t deal with competent opponents.

Vakris_One
06-21-2018, 09:22 AM
I will add to this by saying that lately the bots have started going AFK. At certain times in a match one of the bots just stands there doing nothing. This is especially frustrating when not two inches next to them there is a teammate they could be reviving.

Not only do the devs need to replace all bots that replace leavers with level 3 bots but they also need to sort this bug out. Ever since they removed the quitters penalty it's been a rage quitters paradise quite frankly. I'm joining more matches in progress where there's only one or two players on my side more than I am joining full matches from the start. It's getting to be as big a problem as the bad old days before dedicated servers to be honest. At least back then players had the excuse of the poor P2P connections.

TLDR:
- Make all bots level 3 if they are being placed in a PvP match.
- Fix this bug where the bot suddenly freezes and does nothing except stand there for a free kill.