PDA

View Full Version : ACOD Wanted System- Like Phylakes in ACO?

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 11:17 AM
It explains that there's a GTA style Wanted System @ 7:21, #8.
I LOVE this element in a game. I remember a posse would chase after you in Red Dead Redemption after you captured a Wanted criminal.
The Phylakes in Origins were hunting us down too so it seems similar. I like the idea of some consequences for our actions but then I hope it doesn't get too excessive that it starts interfering with our missions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3N-oHLtMkw

Ghost416
06-20-2018, 11:23 AM
I just hope they actually hunt you instead of just randomly wandering a preset path.

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Ya good point - the clip they use in this video makes it look like they target you but then it's not specific enough to actually know for sure bcuz Phylakes targeted you but were wandering around specific areas. Plus they were marked on your map so you knew where they were. I always loved the horn that would blow when they were nearby.

quanzaizai
06-20-2018, 11:53 AM
I think they just wandering around and I have no problem with that, not many people have an eagle to tag us like we do right? lol . I also see the mercenay dont care about us if we did nothing wrong which is nice to have.another thing which is very funny is civilian sometime fight back if we hit them lol

Ghost416
06-20-2018, 12:02 PM
I'd much rather Ubi go in a direction like RDR's posses and have them able to randomly show anywhere in the game world. The set paths of the Phylakitai in Origins made them easy to predict and avoid, effectively nullifying any tension their hunting you was supposed to create.

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 12:25 PM
I was thinking about making a simple poll on Random events... I remember thieves would steal our $$ & take off running. I liked suprises, they really immerse you in the game.
This video is pretty interesting - that beach brawl is just one of a few others we'll have. You have to kill as many Captains as you can before they kill your people. Nice challenge.
I really think we'll like some of this stuff. At least it's stuff I had requested for previous games. The only one I'm not in love with is Naval - don't like any of that but I'm going to have to get with it & learn it now.
Esp. when we recruit crew members & upgrade our Ships. Might start to like this.

Alakazou
06-20-2018, 02:47 PM
From what I have heard, if you don't have a bounty on you, they won't care. They will hunt you if you have a bounty.

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 05:13 PM
According to that video, you;d get a bounty on you (or them to target you) for killing citizens or enemies....
I like any concept of being hunted but like others have said, I want it to actually feel threatening. They should always be at least a level or 2 above you

cawatrooper9
06-20-2018, 05:42 PM
Rogue did this with Bounty Hunters, and Black Flag's ship notoriety did something similar.

Those enemies eventually got pretty formidable.

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Rogue did this with Bounty Hunters, and Black Flag's ship notoriety did something similar.

Those enemies eventually got pretty formidable.
Ya that's how it should be if you're being hunted. I remember in a few games that the fighting wasn't very difficult and I got a little bored with overpowering my enemies (a rarity for me in most games lol) -
The Phylakes weren't too hard once you were near their level or fought on horseback. I think if possible they should set the leveling above yours no matter what.