PDA

View Full Version : The people that take For Honor, and make it For Dishonor

Makoto-Kou
06-20-2018, 12:56 AM
There are a lot of people that do not fight with honor on this game, this is common knowledge on this game, and I've learned over time to counteract the noob tactics they use and still win. Today i ran into what could be called one of the biggest noobs on the game. He literally only used the lawbringers spear-charge and guard-break repeatedly, nothing else the entire, damn match, repeatedly throwing people off.

No skill whatsoever, it was pathetic, and then he messaged me and asked why i kept running away from the fight, which i wasn't, i kept trying to counteract his spear-charge and nothing was working, he kept going straight through my dodges, blocks and everything else. Now i did not come here just to complain about it, I came to ask if anyone else has encountered someone as nooby as this and have you been able to counter their spamming crap, and if you have please tell me because it is really annoying. Especially when they think they are actually better than you when they only use two different attacks the entire match.

Alustar.
06-20-2018, 01:11 AM
Dude.. uhm. block left. or if you are assassin deflect, i did it on console. Parry that charge and they won't do it anymore.

Makoto-Kou
06-20-2018, 01:20 AM
See, i tried that, but i don't know if he was lagging or what, but it would just immediately connect and it does not work, he just goes straight through everything i was doing, i said i tried blocking. Even when it did work he would just switch to guard breaking and then spear-charge again and knock me off. Even if my dodge animation went through, it would still hit me, that's what i'm not getting. I wish they had some kind of penalty for people who just use the same thing repeatedly. I even got really close to killing him, and i guard broke him for the last hit, and then suddenly some kind of invisible attack hit me while he was still stumbling and killed me, with none of his partners nearby, so im pretty sure he was exploiting lag too. And i know it wasn't me lagging because i have an ethernet cable with 100 mb/s connection speed. As for deflecting, i'm not very good at it yet, and every time i tried to dodge him anyway, it wouldn't work.

Alustar.
06-20-2018, 01:27 AM
There is a training simulator for this exact purpose, then. you can set him to guardbreak and spear charge, then find ways around it eventually.

MarshalMoriarty
06-20-2018, 02:00 AM
It doesn't sound dishonorable though. More like a poor connection. If winning with Lawbro was as easy as spear charging and having it unblockable and undodgeable, then everyone would be doing it. Most Lawbros know that spear charging an aware opponent is just asking to be blocked for a needless loss of stamina.

Makoto-Kou
06-20-2018, 02:13 AM
Alright, thanks for helping guys, i'll try to do some of those things next time i come across one. Oh and the part that was dishonorable was the fact that he literally did not use any other attack, or try to actually fight anyone, The entire match, not exaggerating he was only using that one combo. The only way he killed people was by throwing them off ledges or throwing them into walls repeatedly while his partners blocked any escape routes. Honestly it was pathetic that he couldn't just fight legitly and win, he had to rely on using one thing. Along with the lag made it much worse.

HazelrahFirefly
06-20-2018, 02:59 AM
I expected a much grander tale...

A lawlbringer spending an entire dominion ledging people with the spear rush would be quite funny, and frankly impressive.

Lord_Cherubi
06-20-2018, 06:21 AM
As a rep 5 LB i can assure you that you'll NEVER connect with the impale charge if your enemy if facing you and/or is paying attention (unless the parry one). It's great for ganks tho!

I played against this one Lawbringer in Duels for 2 matches and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. the round started he would run at me and try to impale me, didn't catch me once. I was like "whatchu doing son?", it was kinda funny to see how much he trusted in it to work but yeah at least in Duels it's not a very solid tactic.

DrinkinMehStella
06-20-2018, 09:20 AM
yeah there are a lot of cheesy tactics people use on this game, and any hero with a charge like warlord, raider, LB, conq you will encounter someone just spamming them, it really annoys me and you can dodge or counter it but only if you see it so if your getting charged in the middle of a gank then chances are your get hit.

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Dude this game is anything but honorable, scrubs who sit and spam unblockable moves, scrubs who turtle and only spam safe moves like zones, ledges and spikes that just do NOTHING but annoy ppl. I want this game to succeed but god these devs are some monkeys when it comes to their own game. When I get derped out by a shaman that has everything compared to me a million and one soft feints, a bash which is feintable, and 400ms lung attacks, or a kensei with his teleport zone (NO ZONE SHOULD TELEPORT YOU LIKE 5FT YOU MONKEYS) I just lose it cause I know that i'm a good player and I did not lose to another player, I lost to a character being played by a scrub. I hate that about this game, too much derp not enough work. Btw have you heard of a character called valk? I swear its like nobody acknowledges her existence, I mean the real valk is coming with the Wu's in a couple months so who cares right? See what I mean about these monkey devs tho? How do you justify giving shaman soft feints in every direction and making peacekeeper so linear? another example of a better version of a character and thus pk gets the shaft. Test your updates or reworks whatever you wanna call em before you bring out to the public or use the test servers. I been playing since release and it frustrates me to say for honor is my favorite and most hated game of all time. Ubisoft has great ideas but their execution SUCKS and I say this with a lot of their games not just one. I could go on but you don't wanna be here all day. lol

Arekonator
06-20-2018, 05:16 PM
"i am good player but i cant deal with most basic cheese"

Lol, ok.

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 05:43 PM
And here we go that was my first post ever on the forums after stalking it for months too. How are zones and turtles a basic issue? Do you know what character I play? I play valk, Do you know what platform i'm on? I'm on PS4. I have to WORK harder then most characters in this game to do anything. Why don't you take into consideration first who I play and why these things frustrate me and lots of other players. Everything I said are notorious issues in for honor. I am a good player, sorry I don't play derp characters like you.. Sorry i don't have your godlike reaction speed mister Arekonator, sorry my character isn't as great as your godzerker or your spamlander or Conqshell. sorry I like to play for honor and not a staring contest. 'Basic' smh. What is wrong with you my dude?

Alustar.
06-20-2018, 06:43 PM
And here we go that was my first post ever on the forums after stalking it for months too. How are zones and turtles a basic issue? Do you know what character I play? I play valk, Do you know what platform i'm on? I'm on PS4. I have to WORK harder then most characters in this game to do anything. Why don't you take into consideration first who I play and why these things frustrate me and lots of other players. Everything I said are notorious issues in for honor. I am a good player, sorry I don't play derp characters like you.. Sorry i don't have your godlike reaction speed mister Arekonator, sorry my character isn't as great as your godzerker or your spamlander or Conqshell. sorry I like to play for honor and not a staring contest. 'Basic' smh. What is wrong with you my dude?

I know a Valkyrie player on PS4 who has none of these issues. And Arekonator is right, these are basic issues. Plus, the shamans predators hunger/mercy is not 400MS if I recall correctly, and it's easily dodged.

CandleInTheDark
06-20-2018, 06:52 PM

I have eleven reps with Valk over two platforms (Xbox (7 reps) and PC (4)), never had the issues that you claim. I dodge Kensei's zone, can make him eat a light or if I go into the shield bash I have the sweep/guardbreak 50/50 (ok he can roll away but he will eat a light off my dodge then), I dodge shaman's predator's mercy (yes on console too) and guardbreak her which means a heavy or if I have stamina a guaranteed knockdown, heavy, chance at getting her stuck in a loop. Ledges and spikes...yeah they suck but I can use them too.

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Good for him, But That player is not me and should not be used as a consensus for other people who do play valk. i'm not talking about my skills as a whole but more about valk, i'm talking about her kit and how I have to work and the common snake (orochi) can just delayed light me to death. Not basic at all, and even if it was basic that gives him no reason to be a troll when I'm stating facts on my FIRST post.. how toxic does that sound? These problems literally turn me and potential players from the game, seriously my friends refuse to play for honor and laugh when I struggle to convince them its actually can be fun. How can these issues be basic that makes no sense to me. I said her lunge attack but you thought I meant the bite and bash no I meant the other one where its a heavy that can come from any direction that's what I'm talking about and I know that bs is 400ms. And again it is not easily dodged when you can FEINT the thing 50 times, ik its not 50 but its a quite a lot before you tell me its not. its also pretty crazy how a bash can continue to drain your stamina when you're oos already that's bad game design and why conqshell is so annoying. I've only seen that addressed one time I believe, is that basic too?

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 07:08 PM
No disrespect to you, or the other guy. but i'd honestly like a poll for this kind of thing, because 2 dudes telling me they don't experience the same problem as me doesn't tell me anything I wanna hear the community as a whole on this kind of thing.i know people deal with stuff and feel the same way I do. I face people who literally turn turtle breakers into actual turtles and that frustrates me more then the whole gank situation. idk HOW you dodge this god-like zone but damn can you be on my team instead of these other scrubs? lol

Arekonator
06-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Trust me, i get how you feel. I play mostly lawbringer and every time i meet a conq with at least two braincells to rub together, its god damn purgatory. Its ridiculously uphill battle, probably most one-sided matchup in entire game.
You call people scrubs left and right: scrubs who use zone attacks, scrubs who turtle, scrubs who spam unblockables.... "i am better player but i lost to scrub with better character". I get it, is an excellent coping mechanism. But just because you play notoriously weak character, it doesnt give you enough moral high ground to call people scrubs for using basic tools given to them by the game (and coming out ahead).
"i am good player, i dont play good characters like you" - to quote myself: Lol, ok.
Running into people who turtle or guys who keeps spamming one or two attacks that seem to work for them, or a guy who keep using running charges on you when you are occupied with his buddy and runs from 1v1. Those just ARE basic issues, bread and butter what every single one of us runs into when he starts up the game.

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 09:39 PM
Now if you just started your previous response to me like this instead of some worthless troll response i'd probably respect your opinion. Again you're not taking into consideration WHY I'm calling these people scrubs. Not because of the character itself but because of the playstyle. If you sit in my face with kensei and stare at me from a distance and do nothing but helm splitter and zone you're a scrub. You can laugh it off and say I'm bad but you're not doing anything skillful no mixups nothing. Like come on now, its called a kit because he has loads of options now that he was reworked. Nobody is using anything to cope. Okay just like I supposedly don't have the 'moral high ground' to call people scrubs, YOU don't have any authority saying i'm not a good player so how about you get off your high horse Mr. God. i got just as much a right to voice my frustrations as anyone on these forums. if you don't like it quit the internet we got enough trolls as is. You gonna be seeing a lot of me so get use to it. Most everybody on this forum if you asked them I bet you 9-1 they'll call themselves above average or good as I like to say. Everyone should hold themselves in high manor, no matter how much the games stacks the odds against you (and boy does it) Just because they're fundamental at the core DOES NOT mean they don't fall under even wider category, which is game balance. No one character should replace another, that's crazy like you're sitting here telling me THATS basic? Raiders derp stampede charge 50/50, you calling that basic? Jesus Christ dude. When I see that, your game is less about skill and more about who can use less brain cells to win.. You want this game to be an E-sports right Mr. God? Can't even believe you. a whole character just obsolete in everyway? I'm not even on valk right now (When the Wu's drop then I'll come back), its PK time. Since you wanna pull this basic card, fine Sherlock if they're so basic why are they not fixed yet. Don't tell me that other stuff needed to get fixed first because basic problems should be simple to fix right or they wouldn't be basic? You're Mr. God from now on, no more Arekonator, since you're the best nothing can touch you and everyone has to have your opinion or none. You're my hero bro.

Arekonator
06-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Wow, seem like i struck a nerve.

People spamming one or two attacks only, even if they got two full pages of moves was a thing in fighting games since they were born, how is that NOT basic? Or how is raider stampede 50/50? But it indeed is basic, lol. Why do something else if it works and you cant deal with it?
People always tend to utilize most simple and most effective ways to win, you could call that basic knowledge :cool:
"I got destroyed by scrub who does single move over and over, but HE is bad player, definitely not me." Yeah, totally not coping.
Suprising number of people (and being really dedicated, long term playing and posting people at that) straight up admited on forums they are "average at best", even though they are likely significantly better than average matchmaking random. I think everyone should have bit of humility, because if everyone will hold themselves in such a high regard as you are, then we will have much more of stupid "nothing is ever my fault" rants like you did.
Of course, you got right to show your frustration... and i got right to tell you when i think your opinion is stupid.
I never denied there are balance problems in this game, but there will always be some characters that are better than others, thats also how its been since forever and there is no way around it unless you make everyone the same. I am not saying they should leave it as is, and as a matter of fact, i am greatly dissatisfied with how slow they are at adressing these issues. As for why are these "basic" problems not fixed, i dont know, ask developers, but i doubt you will get answer from them when you are calling them ****ing monkeys.
Also, your basic mind seem to be misusing the world basic:
- Guy spamming one attack over and over is basic obstacle to deal with when you are playing online
- balancing ever-groving roster of heroes in first-of-its-kind genre of game is not basic
®If you are trying to win with less and less braincells engaged, that might be the source of your problems.

I never claimed to be a God, but it does feel good for my divine nature to be recognized.

HazelrahFirefly
06-20-2018, 10:42 PM
Dude, just stop engaging with this guy. It is REALLY not worth it. The majority who complain on here can at least hold some level of conversation. This is nutso.

BirdDogInc
06-20-2018, 11:00 PM
nothing new here, complete unbalance of the game, get used to it or play another game.

oYouFAILEDXD157
06-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Lmao so you wanna be an internet warrior now? Struck a nerve... really my dude you THAT toxic? That's gross. You need help dude. Raider can run and stampede charge or just guard break you all together. You don't even know that? Really? All I wanted to do is vent my concerns since the original thread maker was saying something that I've been concerned about too. I got no beef with you, or anybody that replied to me. I read their replies and gave em my opinion no rudeness. You came off as the typical toxic troll, so imma call you out, damn troll what you think? Do as your lil friend told you, move on with your sorry life. lmao

Arekonator
06-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Its not a 50/50 because you can negate it 100% of a time by rolling away.

Came into the thread, threw scrubs left and right, called developers monkeys. Then "call me out" as toxic and troll.

You might not like it, but this is how peak lack of self-awareness looks like.

ChampionRuby50g
06-21-2018, 02:04 AM
^^ FH has the most toxic and hypocritical community Iíve ever come across.

Alustar.
06-21-2018, 02:41 AM
I feel they think but using the terms "cheap moves" "over and over" and "scrub" that it's going to make them look better, and maybe even garner support from whatever "pros" are out there.
What they fail to account for is internet. Lol

CandleInTheDark
06-21-2018, 02:58 AM
Suprising number of people (and being really dedicated, long term playing and posting people at that) straight up admited on forums they are "average at best", even though they are likely significantly better than average matchmaking random. I think everyone should have bit of humility, because if everyone will hold themselves in such a high regard as you are, then we will have much more of stupid "nothing is ever my fault" rants like you did.

Speaking as one of said people, honestly I am lucky to be average lol. My fine motor skills suck and my reflexes weren't great when I wasn't this side of thirty. Of course knowing this and acknowledging that it is a benefit in itself, I spent money on the mouse and before that controller pro gamers use because I have the funds to and know it will help as I don't have to move my fingers as much, I also know full well the game is balanced for above my level as they want to go esport so rather than blame the game, I spend hours learning basic concepts and new characters. I would also say I have more fun playing than those who can't conceptualize that maybe the problem is their skill level rather than that the game isn't balanced in such a way they could expect to have a chance against the likes of Clutchmeister and Alernakin just for taking part. If I could parry every light (I'm happy i can get a few on a good day) and deal with any and every mixup without sweating it at the level I play I don't know that the target esport crowd would have much interest in it and I am fine with that i have to work harder to perform at any kind of level I find respectable.