PDA

View Full Version : Death point strike

Sneakly20
06-19-2018, 04:03 PM
So Iím putting this here because of my general concern for the bread and butter light combo of Shaolin. They have a lot of time to fix this and tweak it etc but my concern is that they are bringing a new level of confirmed attacks.

This of course can be off set by the damage if itís low enough and while itís not really a scary move, just more flashy and technical, I donít want to see this kind of attack pop up everywhere.

As I said before this move in itself isnít something to be feared because of its damage and they have plenty of time to work on it but Iím just worried that devs are looking at more moves like his that although have average damage are confirmed in 3 hits that you can do nothing about.

I just donít want a wave of these kinds of attacks popping up. Granted they worked it out since the whole attack cannot be comboed in another chain unless you take a light away for his stance. But Iím sure you guys have gotten my point by now. Cheers.

High-Horse
06-19-2018, 07:33 PM
I get it, but I don't think it really matters how many attacks the damage is broken into. It's exactly like Warden/Orochi/Shinobi double lights, but like you said it's meant to be more flashy and technical. You can't do anything about the second light for those guys either, but there's at least a chance they can mess it up for less damage. Imagine if Orochi had to do a triple top light to get that 22 damage on you. It wouldn't matter to you because it's the same damage and it's just as much out of your control.

Personally, I like that this shaolin type of confirmed hit is a little harder to pull off having the same damage but twice or even 3 times the inputs (I think you also have to keep throwing your stance back into the same direction timed with the attacks). It's a good way to give another hero these double lights without it being just another double light.

typos

CandleInTheDark
06-19-2018, 07:41 PM
The devs wanted to make Shaolin a very technical character and honestly I think this is a good part of that. Peacekeeper and Shinobi have similar combos with three timed button presses, the shaolin has to get off the initial light then a further four (side light side light) presses in the same space of time over two different buttons, I think any that can pull that off consistently without getting the first one dodged/blocked/parried and punished deserves the damage.

Knight_Raime
06-19-2018, 08:46 PM
tbh I welcome more technical inputs. this game is basic as heck.

UbiJurassic
06-19-2018, 08:56 PM
So I’m putting this here because of my general concern for the bread and butter light combo of Shaolin. They have a lot of time to fix this and tweak it etc but my concern is that they are bringing a new level of confirmed attacks.

This of course can be off set by the damage if it’s low enough and while it’s not really a scary move, just more flashy and technical, I don’t want to see this kind of attack pop up everywhere.

As I said before this move in itself isn’t something to be feared because of its damage and they have plenty of time to work on it but I’m just worried that devs are looking at more moves like his that although have average damage are confirmed in 3 hits that you can do nothing about.

I just don’t want a wave of these kinds of attacks popping up. Granted they worked it out since the whole attack cannot be comboed in another chain unless you take a light away for his stance. But I’m sure you guys have gotten my point by now. Cheers.

First off, that is an excellent forum avatar.

Secondly, thanks for sharing the feedback on the Shaolin. Now that there are demos out there of the new heroes, we're definitely looking to take note of the early feedback players have to share about them. I'll certainly make sure to note your thoughts, and others shared in this thread.

Something to keep in mind though is that with each release of a new character, there's always a bit of worry here and there about certain aspects of their moveset. During Season 3, I remember that there were a lot of growing concerns about Gladiator, because their moveset indicated a lot of different unblockables. After the adjustment periods after their release, a lot of players began to realize that the hero wasn't as bad as they thought.