PDA

View Full Version : Few simple questions....

Dr...Watson
10-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Hello, I could read the manual but Im stuck on late shift at work, since I just got the game this morning I have a few buggin questions gawn roon in ma heed.

1) The F7 (I think the Hellcat), the undercarriage wont extend or retract, I config a key for manual extension and retraction and then it works. Is this the way it should work? If so then its actually a cool feature.

2) How do you start off on the carrier when making a mission. I place a carrier and a waypoint, then an aircraft and set it to takeoff..but its no good, do I have to set the carrier as takeoff in the waypoint part like when making a bombing waypoint..im confused.

3) Any tips on how to do a 180 turn on the carrier deck without going over the edge, on an airfield I can pirouette in circles no problem using brakes, some throttle and rudders, but on the carrier deck, with the wind blowing down the deck, i turn 90 deg the its difficult to get round the next 90 deg due to the weather **** effect (is that what its called) ie the wind hits your tail and tries to pull you back.

4) Does anybody have any idea what Im going on about?

Seriously, all suggestions are appreciated.

Dr...Watson
10-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Hello, I could read the manual but Im stuck on late shift at work, since I just got the game this morning I have a few buggin questions gawn roon in ma heed.

1) The F7 (I think the Hellcat), the undercarriage wont extend or retract, I config a key for manual extension and retraction and then it works. Is this the way it should work? If so then its actually a cool feature.

2) How do you start off on the carrier when making a mission. I place a carrier and a waypoint, then an aircraft and set it to takeoff..but its no good, do I have to set the carrier as takeoff in the waypoint part like when making a bombing waypoint..im confused.

3) Any tips on how to do a 180 turn on the carrier deck without going over the edge, on an airfield I can pirouette in circles no problem using brakes, some throttle and rudders, but on the carrier deck, with the wind blowing down the deck, i turn 90 deg the its difficult to get round the next 90 deg due to the weather **** effect (is that what its called) ie the wind hits your tail and tries to pull you back.

4) Does anybody have any idea what Im going on about?

Seriously, all suggestions are appreciated.

Chuck_Older
10-27-2004, 09:53 AM
1) You must mean the wildcat. The F4 had manually extended undercarriage, actually a bicycle chain-like arrangement. You cranked the gear up and down

Dr...Watson
10-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Ah..thats what I meant, Its a cool feature, wonder what happens if you only put it 3/4 of the way down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

perioikos
10-27-2004, 10:45 AM
2) In addition to designating your intial waypoint as 'Takeoff', you need also to set the intended a/c carrier as the target for that initial waypoint.

3) you can alway use the 'Remove Chocks' command, once you come to a full stop; this will cause a slight backwards movement in the postion of the a/c ... but you have to hit it a lot.

Hope that helps a bit.