PDA

View Full Version : My Honest and impartial opinion on ACOD

rockfede5
06-19-2018, 01:02 PM
I see the community divided with different wishes/feelings about the new game, so after thinking and watching videos of the gameplay I came to a personal opinion.
-First the things I like:
•The set and the graphic look stunning and beautiful, Greece and Its landscape the sea the cities all full of colors and life
•I studied philosophy in the secondary school so the gameplay in which the player meet socrates give me hype, converse and philosophize with him was like talking to Leonardo da Vinci about art in AC2, maybe it's possible to meet even Plato and I wish we see te birth of the concepì of democracy and the political live in the Poleis
•The naval gameplay is better than origins thanks god! And its look fun
•Combact system is the same of origins but more fluid and refined so good (it's weird you can't use a shield when basically all Greek soldiers have one...)
•Layla returns in modern day
-Things I dislike
•You can't unlock all your abilieties in one play and this is annoying
•Dialogue Choiches and different outcomes
So this is the point of the division of the community.
I see some dialogue options are related to npc in side quest or with objects to understand more deeply the context and this is ok, it's like the murder investigations in Ac Unity/Syndacate in which you can ask extra informations.
But i think that dialogue choices in main history are very break immersive, because the scene stops and it's the same as block a movie and of course there is the contradictions with animus.
My wish is that dialogue choices are an experiment in this game and don't be the standard for the Next ac games.
Of course my opinion is based on gameplay of E3 and not the full games (so the whole games is still necessay to make a final judgment)
Let me know what you Think!!

quanzaizai
06-19-2018, 01:09 PM
I just worry about the combat when we have nothing sort of blocking system aand result for soft locking system. without blocking we Always have to jump around which I hate. without blocking system and soft lock: when push analog backward your char turn away and run, I need our hero facing enemy all the time when fighting and walk/dodge back ward. we can still do this but we have to use hard locking which is very clunky to use and force us to fight 1 enemy at a time --> less epic and immersive

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 02:02 PM
>>My wish is that dialogue choices are an experiment in this game and don't be the standard for the Next ac games. <<
Ok but the whole point of experimenting is to see if it works and goes over well with the majority of players...
if it does work, why would they end it for the next game? I think it's an experiment too . .

rockfede5
06-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Sorry I didn't write 100% correctly (I'm still studying english)
It they work they could be used in other games but i don't have a good feelings about them (dialogue options and different outcomes)...the rest of the game seem pretty stunning and I even like the fact of choosing the gender of your character but the Dialogue choiches seem strange in Ac, it's something you see in Elder Scrolls or Fallout when you make your own path not in a story already past.
And yes like you say it could work but a lot of people are complaining about it the developer have to consider this, so trying to stay impartial I say to wait until the full game (even if they are weird in my opinion)

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Sorry I didn't write 100% correctly (I'm still studying english)
It they work they could be used in other games but i don't have a good feelings about them (dialogue options and different outcomes)...the rest of the game seem pretty stunning and I even like the fact of choosing the gender of your character but the Dialogue choiches seem strange in Ac, it's something you see in Elder Scrolls or Fallout when you make your own path not in a story already past.
And yes like you say it could work but a lot of people are complaining about it the developer have to consider this, so trying to stay impartial I say to wait until the full game (even if they are weird in my opinion)
That's great! Good luck with your studying, you're doing well =)
It's always hard to guess what they'll decide to do and listen to from players . . I'm willing to try new things to make it more interesting and enjoy our characters more.
I don't know if I'll like it or not so I'm not able to offer an opinion about wanting more RPG or not in the next games.

MnemonicSyntax
06-19-2018, 05:36 PM
We do have a thread for this. :)

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1893972-Your-thoughts-on-Assassins-Creed-Odyssey

cawatrooper9
06-19-2018, 05:46 PM

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1893972-Your-thoughts-on-Assassins-Creed-Odyssey

Quite a few, to be honest... :p

I'd definitely suggest posting your opinions in the similar Mentors Guild thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1895021-Mentors-Guild-Community-Discussion-AC-Odyssey-First-Impressions?p=13545817#post13545817).

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 06:45 PM

I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to venture back in there :/

MnemonicSyntax
06-19-2018, 07:06 PM
I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to venture back in there :/

Sometimes you just have to ignore the negative people.

rockfede5
06-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the feedbacks and the input i Will post the same in the mentor guild thread! :)