PDA

View Full Version : Help with playing Peacekeeper in duels

Kalrohk
06-19-2018, 02:28 AM
So as the title suggests, I need some help playing Peacekeeper in duels.

Im relatively new to For Honor. As im sure you can assume I got the game from the free starter pack promotion. However i've played during free weekends time to time. Currently I'm trying Peacekeeper and for whatever reason I just can't learn this character. I mean, I know her move set, but people just run over me, usually by spamming the same attacks on one side since I can't guard one side with that reflex passive or whatever it's called. Not to mention a lot of my matches are against Orochi so that light attack spam melts me rather quickly, but that is another discussion lol.

I try blocking, dodging out of the way, rtc but I get melted pretty quickly against people who push the envelope and go all out vs a more slow paced play style. I'm only lvl like 15 now so I know I probably need to play more to get a better feel but most characters I'm able to just play and at least do well. I don't mind losing matches as long as i feel like I had a chance to win and made mistakes, but with Peacekeeper I just cant get the hang of her. You could say just play someone else but im stubborn and want to play this character so i'm here hoping some one could give some tips I can try and use to get better

Kalrohk
06-19-2018, 02:30 AM
Sorry just realized there a proper section for this but I can't delete the thread lol. Perhaps a moderator could move it to the appropriate place

Fairemont
06-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Sorry just realized there a proper section for this but I can't delete the thread lol. Perhaps a moderator could move it to the appropriate place

Its really not... wrong.

One of the most important things in the game is not learning your own character, but every other character. That way, you know what their weakness is against you. It'll take time, but you'll get there.

If you're having trouble, it does sound like you should REALLY focus on improving your defense. Reflex guard is tricky, but you should be able to defend against even Orochi! :)

Charmzzz
06-19-2018, 08:02 AM
Its really not... wrong.

One of the most important things in the game is not learning your own character, but every other character. That way, you know what their weakness is against you. It'll take time, but you'll get there.

If you're having trouble, it does sound like you should REALLY focus on improving your defense. Reflex guard is tricky, but you should be able to defend against even Orochi! :)

Not necessarily a problem of the player. I have trouble guarding against consecutive 500ms Lights with Reflex Heroes, too. Hit stagger is just a minimum too long, Orochi is weird because if he hits one Light he mostly gets his full Light Chain on me. Has something to do with input buffer concerning guard, Ubi already did some tweaks on that. Basically you should stop trying to guard but go for a Deflect.

@OP: If you want to play an Assassin don't pick up Peacekeeper. She got overly nerfed a few weeks ago and is superhard to play now. Go Zerker or Orochi, maybe even Shinobi. Stay away from Peacekeeper and Gladiator if you want to learn Reflex Guard Heroes.

DrinkinMehStella
06-19-2018, 09:03 AM
yea peacekeeper although had a rework is not in a good place at them moment even for experienced PK. I would recommend learning berserker because right now he is one of the strongest in 1v1 and 4v4 just go in training mode and practice your feinting, and starting a chain etc once you learn how to activate your hyper armour (which isn't hard with him) then a zerker is pretty unstoppable