PDA

View Full Version : An Injustice to True Fans of For Honor

DD-777
06-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Recently, a friend of mine was banned from For Honor due to suspicious activity. His case was reviewed and it was determined that the ban was valid. I am upset by this injustice that has been acted out on him. This man, who's name in-game is BrokeMyClass, had over 2000 hours in this game, had stuck around for every season, and had participated in helping nurture the community. His reward was a permanent ban for being too good.

To start, this guy has a server on Discord that has roughly over 500+ players who actively play For Honor. He consistently goes on this server and forms groups of 4 players - he actually makes more than one group of 4 players - for people to go in and play dominion. He helps the community by not only getting people to play, but also by giving people opportunities to make positive memories with others on For Honor that reinforces the want to play it.

Secondly, he put over 2000+ hours into this game, 2000 PLUS HOURS. He's attended every event, lived through all the metas, played all the seasons, and this has made him a highly skilled player who would no doubt probably receive many reports because he's just that good. The fact that no one would investigate this case further just shows you how much these developers "care." They don't even know the first thing about this man, but they consider his ban justified. Banning him throws all that time invested out the window, which can never be returned to him.

Thirdly, He loves this game, playing it daily - he even made a smurf account after the ban. For this to be done should be an insult to everyone who's dedicated time to this game. Why? Because it shows you the developers don't care if the ban is truly warranted and that some other highly skilled player could be next on chopping block because someone couldn't handle a match without throwing a tantrum. Someone who's put many hours trying to reach the peak of what skill is in this game should not be punished for it.

That's why the community should rally to help try and get this man his account back. Remove BrokeMyClass' ban!

Halvtand
06-19-2018, 01:01 AM
Recently, a friend of mine was banned from For Honor due to suspicious activity. His case was reviewed and it was determined that the ban was valid.

So apparently he has done something that is against For Honor's Code of Conduct and has done enough of it to get busted and reported enough times to get noticed by the staff and banned, then at a review it was decided to be a valid ban based on the evidence available. Case closed.

ChampionRuby50g
06-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Believe it or not, Ubisoft are competent enough to know when a player deserves a ban or not. Such as when a player is just good and receiving salty reports, or actually valid reports. Especially if it has been reviewed and still found to be valid.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 03:29 AM
The man has over 2000 hours. Do you realize how many people could've been angry just because they got beat by someone leagues better then them in that time and proceeded to report him to try and mend their egos? His ban wasn't justified and suspicious activity is too ambiguous for me to believe otherwise. Especially of what I know of BrokeMyClass. There are also plenty of cases where highly skilled players are band due to their high skills. This, I think, is one of them.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 03:38 AM
I disagree. Any company is capable of making mistake. Just look at how some of Ubisoft's games failed due to lack of quality. It's unrelated to this reviewing reports of suspicious behavior, but it shows that mistakes can be made even by large corporations. I believe that this ban isn't justified.

ChampionRuby50g
06-19-2018, 03:53 AM
I disagree. Any company is capable of making mistake. Just look at how some of Ubisoft's games failed due to lack of quality. It's unrelated to this reviewing reports of suspicious behavior, but it shows that mistakes can be made even by large corporations. I believe that this ban isn't justified.

Completely unrelated, so why bring it up? Iíll bring something that is related up though.

Rainbow six siege, a game also made by Ubisoft has a prominent streamer and all round good guy called Macie Jay. He would have put thousands of hours into Siege over its lifespan. He once got banned live on his stream, and he stated he had never cheated. In fact Iím pretty sure heís been banned multiple times. Thereís the mistake on Ubisoftís part. Now here is the difference. Macie Jay appealed the bans, and each time the ban was found to be a mistake and his appeal was successful and ban removed. Your mate appealed his ban, but turns out the ban was correctly implemented.

So mistakes are made, but also rectified. If your mate lost his appeal, I doubt it was a mistake

Fairemont
06-19-2018, 03:55 AM
If Ubisoft took the time to perma-ban someone, reviewed it, said it was valid, then your friend got banned fora reason.

Whatever that reason is, we do not know, but you can do a lot of good and still be scum down underneath that.

Case and point: Bill Cosby. Hero to so many, found out to be scumbag.

Your friend probably deserves his ban and if that is the case then nothing about that should change it. Doesn't matter how much he plays, how many friends he have, how good he is, how popular he is, etc. None of that is relevant if you break the rules this bad.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 04:06 AM
I brought it up to point out that large corporations are fallible. I still stand by my belief in the case that this man doesn't deserve his ban. I've played countless matches with him and in that time have never experienced anything suspicious. He's a skilled player, that's it. With over 2000 hours too, which means there's plenty of time for enough disgruntled players to report him because they were upset that the match making system put them up against someone leagues better than them and they decided that he was cheating.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 04:10 AM
This man is nothing like Bill Cosby and, if he is, I'd drop this immediately. I believe that he didn't do anything to deserve the ban. He wouldn't break the rules, especially when he's dedicated so much time to the game. It would be wasteful.

ChampionRuby50g
06-19-2018, 04:42 AM
This man is nothing like Bill Cosby and, if he is, I'd drop this immediately. I believe that he didn't do anything to deserve the ban. He wouldn't break the rules, especially when he's dedicated so much time to the game. It would be wasteful.

Thatís the point your not seeing. Itís the exact same as Macie Jay. He dedicated so much time to Siege, streamed and made money off the game and was still banned, potentially because he was so good people reported him for cheating, and because he was so well known people would just report him anyway. He got his account fully restored after appealing, multiple times after multiple false bans. Your mate didnít get his account back after appealing and that can only mean he broke the code of conduct or cheated. It doesnít matter what you believe, because you can still be wrong. If you canít see that Iím not gonna bother anymore. You never know someone until youíve seen them at their worst, and maybe your just refusing to see that someone you perceive to be good can cheat. A true fan wouldnít contest Ubisoft making the right call and banning a cheater, and even revising the ban and keeping it in place. This is justice, and it tastes sweet.

Jazz117Volkov
06-19-2018, 05:06 AM
What's the accusation though, is he tampering with the software, cheating, or is he toxic to people (racist, sexist, -phobic, etc.)?

And why are you here defending him anyway? The general discussion forum is an odd place for this. You've also provided nothing but text, there's no evidence anything you're saying happened, and that's not me calling you a liar, that's me saying if you're trying to make a point or raise a concern, you're doing it poorly. Your story is vague and clearly missing details "Popular man banned for no reason" is a common clickbait formula because implied injustice triggers people. Unfortunately the real world doesn't care too much about implications or contorted data. The only thing that matters is why.

Why was he banned? (The answer to this question is not "I don't know".)

DD-777
06-19-2018, 05:25 AM
Thatís the point your not seeing. Itís the exact same as Macie Jay. He dedicated so much time to Siege, streamed and made money off the game and was still banned, potentially because he was so good people reported him for cheating, and because he was so well known people would just report him anyway. He got his account fully restored after appealing, multiple times after multiple false bans. Your mate didnít get his account back after appealing and that can only mean he broke the code of conduct or cheated. It doesnít matter what you believe, because you can still be wrong. If you canít see that Iím not gonna bother anymore. You never know someone until youíve seen them at their worst, and maybe your just refusing to see that someone you perceive to be good can cheat. A true fan wouldnít contest Ubisoft making the right call and banning a cheater, and even revising the ban and keeping it in place. This is justice, and it tastes sweet.

I see your point and I'm aware that I could be defending someone who is wrong, but I've nothing to go off of but my experience and my own logic, which tells me that it wouldn't be in his best interest to cheat. We both need proof to be convinced of the others credibility. So you're right, we're done here.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 05:26 AM
What's the accusation though, is he tampering with the software, cheating, or is he toxic to people (racist, sexist, -phobic, etc.)?

And why are you here defending him anyway? The general discussion forum is an odd place for this. You've also provided nothing but text, there's no evidence anything you're saying happened, and that's not me calling you a liar, that's me saying if you're trying to make a point or raise a concern, you're doing it poorly. Your story is vague and clearly missing details "Popular man banned for no reason" is a common clickbait formula because implied injustice triggers people. Unfortunately the real world doesn't care too much about implications or contorted data. The only thing that matters is why.

Why was he banned? (The answer to this question is not "I don't know".)

His ban was supposedly for suspicious activity, more specifically, cheating. I've known him for a while and I've played countless times with him where we'd consistently lose. I can't provide proof because I have none. I'll admit that upfront. All I have is experience and my word. So take from it what you will. Also, I'm not too up to date with this whole "clickbait" nonsense. I'm only here because I believe my friend has been falsely represented.

ShadowMaster795
06-19-2018, 05:32 AM
Just make another account and start over.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 05:44 AM
Just make another account and start over.

Please, read the post thoroughly. I already mentioned that he did.

ShadowMaster795
06-19-2018, 05:48 AM
Im just stating that it's the only path to go down since ubisoft is gay.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 06:03 AM
Im just stating that it's the only path to go down since ubisoft is gay.

I agree with most of what you say.

Charmzzz
06-19-2018, 08:24 AM
I agree with most of what you say.

Really? You just spread your non-proved, biased point of view on here about a fcking Cheater. If he got reported plenty of times and Ubi looked at his profile / data, then banned him, checked again and did not remove the ban, I say that this guy DID something wrong. If you cannot provide anything like the statement of Ubi he DEFINITELY got, then just stop it please. It's nonsense.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Really? You just spread your non-proved, biased point of view on here about a fcking Cheater. If he got reported plenty of times and Ubi looked at his profile / data, then banned him, checked again and did not remove the ban, I say that this guy DID something wrong. If you cannot provide anything like the statement of Ubi he DEFINITELY got, then just stop it please. It's nonsense.

With my friends permission, I've acquired a picture of the message received by Ubisoft.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/317191952544301056/458384701044949037/WtfHowWhyHuh.PNG

I'm biased because I believe that he isn't guilty of anything and will continue until sufficient proof is provided. I know and many others too know this man does not to cheat.

Charmzzz
06-19-2018, 08:46 AM
So Cheating it is. I got reported for Cheating plenty of times, but never got a Ban because I don't use 3rd party programs. You should think about the possibility that he DID cheat....

DrinkinMehStella
06-19-2018, 08:58 AM
if he's innocent then fight it especially if he has proof of innocents. Coming on here expecting the community to start a riot for some one we have no idea is thats the wrong way to go about it. contact Ubisoft directly. it's not what you know, it's what you can prove!

DD-777
06-19-2018, 09:04 AM
So Cheating it is. I got reported for Cheating plenty of times, but never got a Ban because I don't use 3rd party programs. You should think about the possibility that he DID cheat....

I won't deny you the possibility, but, as a friend, I don't believe it and feel his case should be reviewed again. He's not a cheater.

DD-777
06-19-2018, 09:05 AM
if he's innocent then fight it especially if he has proof of innocents. Coming on here expecting the community to start a riot for some one we have no idea is thats the wrong way to go about it. contact Ubisoft directly. it's not what you know, it's what you can prove!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Halvtand
06-19-2018, 12:08 PM
as a friend, I don't believe it and feel his case should be reviewed again. He's not a cheater.

This is a textbook definition of bias.

Alustar.
06-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Just to throw my hat in the ring, companies care a lot more about their image than most casual members of their communities think, or sometimes take into account. So much so that they can and will pull chat logs and other stuff from the game to verify. That's someone sitting at a screen with nothing but time on their hands but to watch people. They are going to see everything.

Lord_Cherubi
06-19-2018, 12:45 PM
I guess it could be possible for Ubi to make a mistake but i highly doubt it since they reviewed his case. It might be that he didn't cheat but was continuously breaking other rules, disrespecting fellow players i don't know.

The Macie Jay incident has a good point, there's lots of other popular Siege youtubers/streamers that i would assume would have been at some point reported for sure and maybe temporarily banned as well.

DrinkinMehStella
06-19-2018, 12:55 PM
once a moderator as decided to ban, it is virtually impossible to over turn it, customer support can't help either. Ive been suspended before for apparently cyber bullying (send me a salty message and I will tear you a new one, but I get banned lmao) anyway it states that a ban cannot be lifted end off.

Vakris_One
06-19-2018, 02:05 PM
The fact he got banned for cheating and failed the appeal process means that Ubisoft have unequivocal evidence to support that he cheated. Something as serious as cheating is not taken lightly so for them to maintain a permanent ban on this person even after the appeal process means he got caught cheating. It's pretty much case closed at this point.

SangLong524
06-19-2018, 03:36 PM
This is a very interesting thread. Very amusing to read.
I would like to commend OP's ardent and valiant attempt in defense his friend's innocence and virtue. I hope his friend takes note of his devotion,
The boat is sunk, the horse is dead, or whatever idiom people use. Your friend should just buy another copy, open another account with another ID (a different gmail ID, for example). There, problem solved. I doubt Ubisoft goes so far as tracing and blacklist him on all channels

Fairemont
06-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Mr. Pope came by on Reddit and stated that the ban has been reviewed and justified entirely.

The guy was caught cheating.

Let it be a lesson to us all.

UbiInsulin
06-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Time to close this thread, as there's not much left to say here. Eric responded to the Reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8s3y1i/an_injustice_to_true_fans_of_for_honor/e0xu65m/).

Hi, ok so a few things:

I don't like publicly commenting on someone's case, but because I've seen these types of ubi witch hunt posts get out of hand, I feel the need to step in. So I've looked into it because I care, despite your accusations that we don't.

I have no doubt that Craft loves For Honor. He's a constant commenter on twitter that I've had many exchanges with.

Loving the game doesn't preclude one from using known For Honor hacks, as we detected on his account. No, I'm not going to link to those, but if you use them, this is the result. Loving the game, having lots of followers, it doesn't make you more special than any other player of For Honor. We banned a guy that used to run this subreddit for similar use of hacks in the past. You don't get a pass because you know people.

That doesn't mean he was trying to be sneaky or untruthful. It's possible it wasn't something he thought was a big deal.

There was no "suspicious activity" on the account. Our reps walked him through setting up 2FA on his account for extra security, but we have the logs of his access to the game and none of it was suspicious.

I've seen the extensive emails and chat logs between Craft and our support agents, who acted properly, professionally, and empathetically to his situation.

Your accusations that "no one would investigate" are outright false.

I'm always happy to assume good intent and give the benefit of the doubt for the motives here, but our detection tools are very clear in their evidence.

If you're new to For Honor, I strongly urge you to consult our Code of Conduct (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct-UPDATED-16-05-18) for the game. It's an important document which we use daily in these types of situations. And if you're wondering WHY we take this all so seriously, it's because we care about the players who do not cheat, exploit, and hack having a good experience in our game. Those that use these things negatively affect the experience of the players who do not.