PDA

View Full Version : So many assassinations fail?!

timpbader
06-18-2018, 11:19 PM
I've seen multiple playthrus of the demo and it seems that even when the enemy is of equal level the assassinations fail sometimes?! Are they removing the majority of the assassinations? The removal of the hidden blade was bad enough, but what is the point of a stealth game if the attempted assassinations turn into brawls?!

quanzaizai
06-19-2018, 12:57 PM
The game is turning into RPG so stats matter, now you have assassination damage and also skill/ gear to boost this number. If you concerntrate your character into assassin path you sure can assassinate any NPC in the game with same level or even 2 lvel higher than you. The way they balance it in ACO: without any upgrade or boost damage perk you can still 1 shot assassinate 1 normal enemy and assassin type of enemy same level as you, with full upgrade is 2 level above you. With no upgrade u can't 1 shot a brute or a captain but take around 80% health. Full upgrade + skill+ boost you can assassinate anyone 2 level above you except big boss battle which gonna take around 30% of their health. If your enmy is lower than your level you can assassinate anyone without upgrade except big boss battle. So this way we can have boss fight but still can 1 shot most of the enemy to keep our experience smooth. In ACOD I see the upgrade system and gear will be a little different but the concecpt is the same.

karoomii
06-20-2018, 02:54 PM
I had an issue with this before Origins came out—the whole not dying by stealth assassination thing. I was thinking how could someone not die from getting stabbed in the neck/vital organ...it didn't make any sense. But what Ubisoft did was smart and really cool—when you tried assassinating someone at a higher level, they would have the ability to block it and anticipate the stab.

I like what Odyssey is doing more though. Giving you stats that raise the damage gives a person more incentive to explore the world in order to become a more deadly assassin. Crafting in Origins was a good start to the implementation of building your way up the ladder, but I much prefer the stats in Odyssey.