PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't dishonorable kills be punished instead of rewarded?

Mannoloroth
06-18-2018, 09:12 PM
So... I played for 2 days and I am very surprised that when you kill somebody or you get killed by 2 of 3 players at the same time the game doesn't punish you, you don't loose xp or something. I though that in a game called For Honor honor would be a priority instead of 3 japanese guys focusing.
Thoughts?

SangLong524
06-18-2018, 10:06 PM
a kill is a kill and should be rewarded. Dishonorable kill already lose bonuses.
If they start to penalize dishonorable kill further, we may see the rise of a reverse strategy: Lose to win.
And food for thought from your truly: "only the dead think of honor".

UbiInsulin
06-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Thanks for trying out FH! This is something that's been much discussed in the community, but the answer from our perspective is that we don't want to force players to play a particular style. It's fine to choose to play honorably, but to some players... a win is a win is a win.

There are players on the "practical" side who get frustrated at honorable players who refuse to help them in duels. So there's a few different sides to this discussion.

Alustar.
06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
So... I played for 2 days and I am very surprised that when you kill somebody or you get killed by 2 of 3 players at the same time the game doesn't punish you, you don't loose xp or something. I though that in a game called For Honor honor would be a priority instead of 3 japanese guys focusing.
Thoughts?

Dear God, here we go with thinking that because the title says "for honor" the battlefield is going to be littered with dozens of players reach engaged in a series of static 1v1 fights unto only 1 is left standing.
Maybe the player on the recording end of such a disadvantageous position should be deducted points because of stupidity? If you want an "honorable" fight, go play duels...

Knight_Raime
06-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Haven't seen one of these posts in awhile.
There is no Honor in "For honor." Nor is there in any pvp game really.
People like to set rules for themselves as sort of some kind of code. But you can't expect others to follow it.

If I had to guess why the game has the title it does is because there is a whole fantasy behind the idea of a warrior. And that you're fighting for the honor of your people with these faction wars.
Plus people naturally look at duels and think it's a sport. Which irl it is. But on an actual battlefield not likely.

Mannoloroth
06-19-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks all for answering. I just thinked that if I was my char I would like to die against a better warrior than me, not murdered simultaneously by 3 japanese *****