PDA

View Full Version : Modding

cryptocricket
06-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Hi,Ubisoft. If you guys could add a system on mod the game like Bethesda does, that would be amazing!

MnemonicSyntax
06-18-2018, 08:27 PM
I don't see this happening, but I absolutely support the idea.

cawatrooper9
06-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Your best bet would be for something like Animus Control Panel (probably post launch).

But agreed, I'll always side with requests for modding support.

MnemonicSyntax
06-18-2018, 10:48 PM
I loved the ACP, but there was more stuff I'd change and I bet modding would allow it.

- A more customizable HUD
- The removal of various effects like poison or health
- A new palazzo
- 2 new steeds
- A prettier bride
- Uh, hello. Carrying unconscious bodies.
- A ground finisher that isn't so HOLY BEEP! I'M LOUD AS NOISE! GRUNT! SWING! STEALTH KILL? NO NOT HERE!

ArchangelJ97
06-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Modding AC? Count me in! :D
So many things that can be tuned to suit everyone's personal preferences, more warrior-like, more-stealthy, more shooting... Customizable HUD, dynamic camera, more stuff to tweak in Photo Mode, more move-sets or parkour moves, more action overall, overhauled graphics and bug fixes... Crap, I need this!!!

OxIdOAC
06-19-2018, 04:33 AM
Just no.

MnemonicSyntax
06-19-2018, 06:23 AM
Just no.

Why not? It'd be completely optional for those that didn't want it.

Kiroku
06-19-2018, 11:53 AM
For a feature like this they will have to create a modkit which is for itself not just something u can do in like a month. Additionally if they would do that a lot of people would ask for that feature for every single ac game they made and since every game has its own unique engine it will be a lot of work to always optimize it for every game even for games in the future.

BUT if they decide to start creating a kit for the engine they used for origins and will use for odyssey and keep this engine for the next games I could imagine that its not impossible.
Especially since the genre goes more into the RPG style and with odyssey the transition will be almost finished.

cryptocricket
06-30-2018, 11:18 PM
even if ubi just made the files in .zip instead of .forge

Megas_Doux
07-01-2018, 08:54 PM
I don't see this happening, but I absolutely support the idea.

Indeed....

DaelosTheCat
07-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Modding would keep the game alive for years to come. But Ubisoft doesn't want that. They want you to finish the game and then buy another game they're going to release in a year. While I fully support modding and believe it's the best thing to ever happen to gaming, I just don't see Ubisoft suddenly becoming mod-friendly. But then I never saw Assassin's Creed becoming an RPG, so...

Anyway, if they add Animus Control Panel on release (which I highly doubt), that will make me (and many more gamers) very happy.