PDA

View Full Version : Valk Questions ?

Legion25846
06-18-2018, 02:59 PM
im gonna start off with she is allot of fun to play but my god is the design flawed ...

1.Her charge shield bash not only is it god awful slow but if you do land it it actually puts the person out of range for a follow up ( dumb )
2.her reg shield bash gives you no follow up with a free light which is insane to me
3 if you manage to land the slowest leg sweep of life she get a free heavy but its so slow you have 2 sec to react to it and dodge leading to her getting face ****ed.
4 her light attacks do 0 dps and they are slow in comparison to most lighter classes
5 her health pool sucks
6 her heavy attacks are some of the easiast to parry in the game
7 her deflect combo is pretty good but requires you to risk the deflect for the payout except that a parry is much easier and allot of the time u can get a heavy doing almost as much dps as her combo ?

so my question is does ubisoft no about how flawed this character design is she has a great kit but can't follow up with any of it it makes no sense to me at all?

either that or im just doing it wrong but i can't seem to figure out how to follow up with her she has great cc and knock backs great fluidity to her combos she moves well but dear god with no follow up all you can do is delay them from killing you.

bananaflow2017
06-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Welcome to my life.
U forgot the missing light heavy combo....

Siegfried-Z
06-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Yep many of us said Valk need many things !

To recap she need :

-Light to heavy combo
-A usefull zone
-More dmg
-A guaranteed light after shield crush
-A way to make usefull again her headbut
-Maybe a 10 more HP like Cent gets

Like that she would be fine and her Kit gonna become usefull .

But Ubi already notice this and they are working on they said.

So hopefully she gonna get some love for season 7 !

Legion25846
06-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Good to know they are doing something about i love her play style and kit but shes so unviable atm its more frustrating then fun to play her.

Meanpie13
06-18-2018, 06:54 PM
1. After a charging shield base you can unlock and run up and do a heavy. The timing is strict and it's even more difficult to do in a group fight. You can also do her forward dodge light pouncing attack. It's easy and guaranteed as well.
2. Pretty much everyone agrees she is really weak and her damage should be higher. I think just slightly higher.
3. She should get a guaranteed light off of Shield Crush
4. I feel like her zone is already useful. It has good range and you can cancel after the first attack.
5. She needs a light, heavy, light (this light would stun if it landed like her 3rd light currently does) combo and light, heavy, heavy. These 2 chains would give her tons of mixup potential. The light, heavy, is important to start all her mixups. The next attack could be a light that stuns, another heavy (that could then lead to more mixups) shield sweep, shield crush or cancelled, and of course she could soft feint the heavy into a shield crush and continue the chain.
6. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure her recovery is so long that the opponent gets a guaranteed guard break if she misses the third light attack. She needs better recovery.
7. I would like for her side heavies to be speed up and her top heavy have more damage (Similar to Warden). This would make her Sweep more rewarding with the guaranteed top heavy
8. Her deflect/pin move that causes bleed should be more rewarding.
9. I don't think she would need more HP if she had all or most of these things.

Siegfried-Z
06-19-2018, 08:55 AM
1. After a charging shield base you can unlock and run up and do a heavy. The timing is strict and it's even more difficult to do in a group fight. You can also do her forward dodge light pouncing attack. It's easy and guaranteed as well.
2. Pretty much everyone agrees she is really weak and her damage should be higher. I think just slightly higher.
3. She should get a guaranteed light off of Shield Crush
4. I feel like her zone is already useful. It has good range and you can cancel after the first attack.
5. She needs a light, heavy, light (this light would stun if it landed like her 3rd light currently does) combo and light, heavy, heavy. These 2 chains would give her tons of mixup potential. The light, heavy, is important to start all her mixups. The next attack could be a light that stuns, another heavy (that could then lead to more mixups) shield sweep, shield crush or cancelled, and of course she could soft feint the heavy into a shield crush and continue the chain.
6. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure her recovery is so long that the opponent gets a guaranteed guard break if she misses the third light attack. She needs better recovery.
7. I would like for her side heavies to be speed up and her top heavy have more damage (Similar to Warden). This would make her Sweep more rewarding with the guaranteed top heavy
8. Her deflect/pin move that causes bleed should be more rewarding.
9. I don't think she would need more HP if she had all or most of these things.

Agree just not about her zone.
Yes you can cancel the second hit but the first one is very slow and very often parried.

While even if not, the second is so slow to come than every feint are anticipable.

So she is usefull to kill minions at best that's all :/