PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Classic Edition Aced in the Hole White Screen

xTEDDY_NYCx
06-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Iíve tried several times to finish the mission ďAced in the HoleĒ, but thereís always a white screen that wonít go away (Iíve waited over a minute) right after Hoyt cuts off Jasonís finger. Iíve deleted the save file and copied an older save file from the mission completed before (the fuel depot), but both of the times I tried that, it didnít work. Iíve read that others are having the same issue with Far Cry 3 Classic Edition and this was also an issue with the PC version a few years ago. I can only hope that Ubisoft patches this once the game becomes available to everyone later this month. I believe the current version is 1.00 and hasnít received any patches since release about 3 weeks ago. Itís so disappointing to have this happen close to the end with a platinum trophy just out of reach.

COME ON UBISOFT, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

wwfc26
06-19-2018, 12:43 AM
i have just got to the aced in the hole scene and it does the same thing the white screen i am on the playstation 4 so i press the options button and the error code comes up for it and i have nearly platiumed the game as well

Nathankoul
06-19-2018, 01:22 AM
Same problem here, just reached Aced in the Hole mission and after Hoyt cuts my finger off, the screen goes white, then nothing. Tried three times with same results, even reloaded a old save from two hours earlier and when I got to that point again, same results. Sucks I'm at 99% completion and just need to finish the story to get platinum. I shouldn't expect no less from Ubisoft though. Their games are always broken somewhere or another it seems.

xTEDDY_NYCx
06-19-2018, 03:34 AM
Just to update my situation. I rebuilt the database and lowered the default video output setting from automatic (normally 1080p) to 720p. It still happens. Looks like only a patch will save the day...hopefully. Come on Ubisoft, whereís version 1.01? I didnít have this problem with the PS3 version five years ago.

PKazza
06-20-2018, 11:21 PM
Same issue here too.

nh-dad-603
06-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Having the same issue on a PS4. Reloaded an older save. I completed a few missions to get to the point of the card game and got the same error. Where is Ubisoft support?

MJMcKevitt
06-25-2018, 03:34 AM
This is a joke. I've been having this error happen so long now. Tried every solution I've found online except for starting a new game. This is ridiculous.

SSXTrickyPS4
06-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Same problem here. I get to kill Hoyt and the "checkpoint reached" text appears before the screen goes to black... and freezes. Reported the problem to Ubisoft who said it was a Playstation issue and that I had to contact them. The folks at Playstation started talking about a hardware malfunction and clearly didn't understand the issue I had. Since this is only happening to the Far Cry 3 game I'm pretty sure it's a software problem that Ubisoft needs to address.

The newly released 1.01 update did not solve the problem...

BeetleBobBailey
06-26-2018, 02:49 PM
It is not playstation issue as it affects xbox one and years ago pc version!!!! Since the problem has been reported for weeks a descent reaction is expected from Unisoft!!!!!

allencoreyb
06-27-2018, 11:08 PM
Just to help demonstrate how many more people this is affecting, I created a post about this a week ago with numerous replies from other affected by this: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1896212-PS4-Far-Cry-3-Classic-Edition-Aced-in-the-Hole-crash-freeze

xTEDDY_NYCx
06-29-2018, 01:11 AM
Just to help demonstrate how many more people this is affecting, I created a post about this a week ago with numerous replies from other affected by this: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1896212-PS4-Far-Cry-3-Classic-Edition-Aced-in-the-Hole-crash-freeze

Thanks for the link. I started this thread and since then I completed Hours of Darkness (Far Cry 5 DLC) and thankfully no issues there. It was short, but sweet. Looking forward to going to Mars with the next one and Iím still hoping Iíll be able to complete FC3 Classic Edition.

Fix this Ubisoft!!! Give us patch 1.02 which fixes this game-breaking bug.

Dragor67
07-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Hello from Germany Iam facing the same problem the white screen comes after hoyts cuts Jasons finger off.Iam playing on PS4 I tried everything which was mentioned here. Ubisoft has to act they have to see this Problem we are facing !

IDLFC
07-09-2018, 11:16 AM
I raised this several weeks ago and Ubisoft have still to offer a solution to fixing it
They actually told me to keep an eye on this forum ????

Joker-Jax
07-09-2018, 06:00 PM
I raised this several weeks ago and Ubisoft have still to offer a solution to fixing it
They actually told me to keep an eye on this forum ????

Got the same reply yesterday. To just check the forum for updates. I issues my ticket on June 26th but it was for the Doppleganger mission that freezes,and crashes on me.

IAMFLOSSYB
07-09-2018, 11:07 PM
I will try to get past this white screen every few days and let you know if I have any luck...if anyone else is able to get thru it please let everyone know!

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for reporting this (both here and to our CS teams). We are looking to fix this ASAP, but to help us, if you experienced this issue can you give us some more information, in particular the following

1) - What you did before they had the crash.
2) - What percentage of progression you had before you encountered the crash.
3) - Any other information you can provide us, (weapon you were using, error messages, etc)

If you have screenshots or a video that is appreciated also!!

Thanks again for your assistance

IAMFLOSSYB
07-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Seriously?!? You ask us those 3 questions when itís more than apparent weapons, progress up to that point, etc is completely irrelevant. There are literally dozens and dozens of detailed complaints/pictures/screenshots littered all over the internet explaining exactly what the problem is...

Itís ironic that every day I log in, play Hoyt, lose with a pair of 4ís, get my finger cut off, and expect a different result other than a white screen....itís almost like itís the definition of something, but I canít figure out what exactly :)

UBI-NuStiuJuca
07-13-2018, 09:11 AM
There are literally dozens and dozens of detailed complaints/pictures/screenshots littered all over the internet explaining exactly what the problem is...
:)

And why don't you help them with some links or answers? :(

dtschoban
07-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Me too. ****ing ********. Play the whole game only to get stuck at the end? What a complete waste of time.

buzbard
07-19-2018, 03:39 PM
I'm having the same issue on PS4, during the final poker game when Hoyt cuts off Jason's finger the screen flashes white about 3 times, on the last flash the screen just stays white, music is playing and if I press the option button or the touch pad I get the standard PS4 blue screen stating that the game has crash and I need to report the issue.

I'm not sure that the weapon I'm carrying matters, I think I was using one of the silenced pistols.
My progress is only 76%.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Thanx

mbert98
07-23-2018, 12:10 AM
Seems to be a problem for everyone wasted a lot of time to not being able to finish

WredotTK
07-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Same for me - white screen just after Hoyt cuts the Jason's finger. Tried 4 or 5 times.

Playstation 4 Pro, polish language.

First time tried with FC3 data on expansion storage. After that moved it to primary storage, but it didn't help.

captainhowdysmf
07-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Have now had this problem several weeks and tried every trick in the book. Downloaded older game save. Recently changed from old PS4 to new Pro. Tried playing with no internet connected. Tried using someone elses game save (system wont let you) etc etc etc
All Ubi keep saying is "We are looking into it", but as this error is on previous versions as well, I doubt this is true.

ProjectMyst
07-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Hi Guy

I have found a way to get pass the white screen, its not a permanent fix, but it works.

- Equip the A2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, SVD on the left and the AK-47 on the top of the wheel then continue with the cutscene.

minimac2000
07-25-2018, 07:08 PM
Hi Guy

I have found a way to get pass the white screen, its not a permanent fix, but it works.

- Equip the A2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, SVD on the left and the AK-47 on the top of the wheel then continue with the cutscene.
Yessss :) thank you

thatalbinok1d
07-26-2018, 12:40 AM
No joke it actually works

hi guy

i have found a way to get pass the white screen, its not a permanent fix, but it works.

- equip the a2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, svd on the left and the ak-47 on the top of the wheel then continue with the cutscene.

captainhowdysmf
07-26-2018, 10:38 AM
I tried this load out (had to completely back out of the mission first via the pause menu) and it got me past the white screen first time.
Can recommend it to anyone with this issue.

Comes to something when Ubi cannot even be bothered fixing their game and a member of the community has to come up with a workaround.

TheRealMcTroy
07-27-2018, 12:49 AM
First off - thank you for the weapon inventory workaround. I was able to successfully work around getting stuck at the white screen. What a relief...or so I thought

The new issue I am facing, once I complete "betting against the house" while I'm on the helicopter, I get to the game loading screen and the game doesn't load. It is just stuck there with the words rotating about. I have left it for roughly three hours to see if it would progress, nothing. First thing I did, reboot...try again by loading the game. Same result. I have uninstalled and re-installed, repaired my DB, even tried a different weapon set...nothing. I even tried loading and making sure I hit all the buttons in the quick time event after the white screen. This is very frustrating as I would just like to finish this game and be done with this. Honestly - probably going to be my last Ubisoft game I purchase. Anyone else seeing this?

Joker-Jax
07-27-2018, 12:55 AM
Hi Guy

Did this and didn't have an issue at all. Thank you so much was finally able to finish the game!!

OwenSaints1
07-27-2018, 06:17 AM
Hi Guy

I have tried the weapon wheel change and I still get the same issue. Really disappointed by Ubisoft. I have had 3 replies in the last month saying they are still looking at the issue and nothing is happening. I can't believe they are allowed to release a game with such a major fault. It really has put me off buying another game from them.

Dthngel007
07-30-2018, 02:15 AM
The multi gun loadout didn't work exactly for me, but I found another site that recommended only equipping the AK47. I equipped it in the top slot (you can remove the other weapons by repeatedly "equipping" the AK47 in their slots and it will remove them, since you can only have one of each gun per loadout). This allowed me to get through the scene and complete the mission.

TheRealMcTroy
07-30-2018, 04:36 PM
I am going to try that and see if it helps what I am having. Anyone else having the issue I reported previously?

-Troy

TheRealMcTroy
07-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Thank you so much for the tip. I equipped the AK only in the top slot with no other weapons and was able to finish the game. This bug/glitch is clearly due to a problem loading the weapons/attachments. With all the information provided in this thread, it should be easily reproducible in order to test for a fix. I was able to go back and reproduce myself. Any questions from anyone on this let me know. I tested this to death multiple ways

OwenSaints1
08-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Thank you so much. This worked for me however after the helicopter shoot out it gets to the load screen and freezes there. It doesn't autosave so end up back at Hoyts base after you kill him and have to start again 😥

OwenSaints1
08-01-2018, 12:01 PM
I have managed to complete the game finally. I just kept the AK47 all the way through until you get to the helicopter. It then went to the cut scene after the helicopter shoot out. Thank you all for your help. It's ashame Ubisoft are not bothered about fixing the game.

Snokyan
08-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Thank you! You made my day!:D

Hartegan
08-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Playing Far Cry 3 Classic edition (free with Far Cry 5 season pass) on a PS4 , i tried the solution where the only gun held before playing cards with Hoyt is the AK47.This worked , i got through the fight with Hoyt (X , L2 , R2 , L2) ( L2 , R2) ( L2 , R2 , X) (L2 , R2, L2) (L2 , R2 , X , forward with right joy stick) , got to the airfield and escaped on the helicopter. Screen froze at the end of this sequence , i think because i had picked up other weapons during this fight. Tried again , save point was after Hoyt fight. Tried Airfield fight again only holding AK47 and got to the cut scene at the Doctors house. Finished game , finally got Platinum.

xTEDDY_NYCx
08-14-2018, 03:37 AM
The multi gun loadout didn't work exactly for me, but I found another site that recommended only equipping the AK47. I equipped it in the top slot (you can remove the other weapons by repeatedly "equipping" the AK47 in their slots and it will remove them, since you can only have one of each gun per loadout). This allowed me to get through the scene and complete the mission.

Thanks for your help! I just completed the game. Itís been a while since I used my PS4 and noticed this evening that there was a update to Far Cry 3 CE (1.02) which had ďstability improvementĒ listed in the update history. I was curious if this update fixed the problem so I came here to find out if anyone here had successfully completed the game after updating. I donít know if Ubisoft fixed the problem or not, but it doesnít matter. This solution did the trick. Again, thanks to you and the first person who posted the somewhat successful solution (until the helicopter scene). This evening turned out to be a little better than I expected.

spiritwolf1954
08-20-2018, 06:48 PM
It works lol i cannot believe it ;);););)

Warchild3330
11-26-2018, 12:49 AM
The only problem on Xbox one x was the game froze after he dealt the cards. Restart mission corrected that. Kill sequence was A LT RT LT - LT RT - LT RT A - LT RT LT LT RT. This was a quick flash that was hard to see. The rest of the game flowed smoothly.