PDA

View Full Version : It doesnt make sense

blackassassi824
06-17-2018, 05:33 PM
The fact you choose a character doesn't make sense form an animus stand point. So are we actually there and not seeing though the animus or what?

Locopells
06-17-2018, 05:42 PM
The lore justifications are yet to be seen.

joelsantos24
06-17-2018, 07:56 PM
The fact you choose a character doesn't make sense form an animus stand point. So are we actually there and not seeing though the animus or what?
Confused? Join the club. :rolleyes:

karoomii
06-17-2018, 08:35 PM
I think this is Ubisoft's way of transitioning into a new IP. I can see them creating an RPG series that resembles AC gameplay. Just look at Skull and Bones—it's ACBF only without the AC.

MnemonicSyntax
06-17-2018, 10:35 PM

It's already been stated there are two samples of DNA.

Frag_Maniac
06-17-2018, 10:46 PM
It's already been stated there are two samples of DNA.
Yeah but what they haven't done is explain how it would even be possible to significantly change lives already lived, because that DNA is used to trace those lives through history, not live them on the fly. Isn't it kinda obvious the reason they don't talk about that is because there's really no explanation for something that makes no sense to begin with.

I'd be totally OK if they made a spin off RPG where you play as real life characters in the past, vs accessing past lives through VR via the animus, but they're calling this AC when it's not really AC anymore. Some have argued we were always able to play via choices, but they were never story altering choices, so no effect on history.

What they're proposing now is it's somehow plausible to constantly create new time lines without affecting history. This has become a franchise that rewrites the laws of the space-time continuum.

MnemonicSyntax
06-17-2018, 10:50 PM
Yeah but what they haven't done is explain how it would even be possible to significantly change lives already lived, because that DNA is used to trace those lives through history, not live them on the fly. Isn't it kinda obvious the reason they don't talk about that is because there's really no explanation for something that makes no sense to begin with.

I'd be totally OK if they made a spin off RPG where you play as real life characters in the past, vs accessing past lives through VR via the animus, but they're calling this AC when it's not really AC anymore. Some have argued we were always able to play via choices, but they were never story altering choices, so no effect on history.

What they're proposing now is it's somehow plausible to constantly create new time lines without affecting history. This has become a franchise that rewrites the laws of the space-time continuum.

Which was covered in Origins. Layla's Animus is unique, according to the Isu sites.

Time travel was apparently part of the original pitch too, according to Nolan North.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaEk1tdBD8

Frag_Maniac
06-17-2018, 11:17 PM
Which was covered in Origins. Layla's Animus is unique, according to the Isu sites.

Time travel was apparently part of the original pitch too, according to Nolan North.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaEk1tdBD8

What is said in that video is an original pitch, and was never actually implemented in game. The only games that had anything close to time travel were Unity and Syndicate, where they had rifts that involved very unstable weather conditions. There were a few quests that took you to WWII and WWI. The time travel thing has only ever been presented as a breakdown of the animus, or glitch.

This if anything only further supports that you cannot even travel time without severe consequences, let alone alter history. Quantum Break also uses the same analogy. I can see how Patrice may have been part of that idea because it was presented as a what not to do, vs what works. Ubi by comparison are trying to turn it into a viable thing, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, they are not talking about altering a historic character's decisions in that video, and it's not really even time travel. Actual time travel would involve a person actually traveling to another point in time, not just seeing an ancestor's timeline at a later date. The animus glitches in Unity and Syndicate were not really time travel. It was just the person using the animus inadvertently seeing different points in the past via ancestral DNA.

MnemonicSyntax
06-17-2018, 11:32 PM
The point was a viable option in regards to dialog choices.

But it's really not worth continuing this with you, your mind is made up already. That's fine. Your prerogative.

quanzaizai
06-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Dear sir everything is never happen before untill it happen the first time. You shoukd be happy that at least they gave us an explaination and it actually fit the lore, also they already hint it many times in ACO. What you should worry about now is the quality of the story they show us, how much depth of the story.

Frag_Maniac
06-18-2018, 04:10 AM
The point was a viable option in regards to dialog choices.

But it's really not worth continuing this with you, your mind is made up already. That's fine. Your prerogative.
Look dude, you can play this pathetic act offended game all you want, but all you're doing is digging up dirt that isn't there. You can either try to discuss it rationally and intellectually, or leave it alone, but all you're doing is presenting arguments that have no rationale.

I'm sorry but nothing you said or was shown in that video presents a "viable option" for dialog choices that change an ancestors major decisions. It wouldn't even be possible, and nothing you or anyone else has said about it says otherwise. This is not a matter of can't get along, it's a matter of can't understand basic facts of space-time. You just called me childish in another thread, but it seems to me this attitude of you insisting I'm trying to turn a discussion into a fight just because you don't understand the science behind it is, well, childish.

Dear sir everything is never happen before untill it happen the first time. You shoukd be happy that at least they gave us an explaination and it actually fit the lore, also they already hint it many times in ACO. What you should worry about now is the quality of the story they show us, how much depth of the story.
I'd love to hear what you think about being able to make choices that conflict with those of the ancestor you are accessing those memories from, because that one they have not even tried to explain. You know why don't you? Oh come on now, it's easy, it's because it doesn't, make, sense.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 08:36 AM
you know animus is a simulation machine, what we do in the game is a simulation said in ACO. we call it reliving but it technically not. second this DNA sample match 2 person which probably I heard somewhere that these 2 are brother and sister so their DNA almost the same. Third, this time we go too far in the past so the data is not clear which result in difference situation may happen but still its only minor which only affect very little to the entire world. And lastly, layla's animus is something special which is mean to change the past (well this one might or might not happen depend on how far they want to push the story this time). the game lore always mix the animus between the simulation and reliving/ going into the past. Since in simulation, anything can happen and it not affect anything, but previous AC title the DNA is very clear and they want to experience the same thing as the past so why not stick with it because the purpose is to find the relic. Reliving on another hand is strict to th past nothing can change.
Yes there is a chance that nothign make sense if they dont even try to explain it in the game but with what they siad in the interview and where the present day story is going, that explain enough.

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Nothing happens until it happened before? What is this?

Furthermore, there's no explanation, let alone one fitting anything in the mythology. But then again, this is exactly what Ubisoft wanted and expected, for some fans to swallow everything just because it says AC on the cover.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Original quote Everything is unprecedented until it happens for the first time""from movie Sully lol. I thought i would be cool :)

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Original quote Everything is unprecedented until it happens for the first time""from movie Sully lol. I thought i would be cool :)
You're quoting a movie? Seriously?

In AC, we relive memories. Technically speaking, considering the concept, we're watching those memories play out, by means of the Animus. That means whatever we're watching, already happened. Therefore, choice is nonsensical and illogical, in this game.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 09:46 AM
Yes I quote it from a movie, dont be too serious man lol ;) I already explain the reason above hope it somehow logical to you. for now im more worry about no shield or blocking system first. the story I'll care about it later since we havent know the full story yet, as long as they pull out a good one, its good for me.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 09:48 AM
I dont know if you play ACO yet, this may help you with the message from the game they one us to see https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/7bu0gn/spoilers_analysis_of_all_first_civilization/
And there is actually a guy in the comment that already predict multiple choice is going to happen 5 month ago.

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Dude, I've played every single game of the series. But your reaction, is precisely what Ubisoft wants. Some people would even play a farming simulator, if the AC name was on the cover.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 10:26 AM
are we still talking about the animus -.- I already said I'll save the story for later since we dont know the full story yet so I'm not gonna say anything about the AC title. I just here to explain how the animus work now which make sense to me. If you want to talk about the AC title then I say this: if they truly do all things they promise: that they will go all in the present day and first civilization + the conflict between order and free will + the bad guy is precurssor of the order of ancient then I'll still call it AC. Well I may have some different name for this: AC's story: the odyssey? The greek Odyssey? the mercenary dude? lol :) better they put AC's the story in the title to clarify that this is not about the creed???

Wombles-_-
06-18-2018, 11:00 AM
Dude, I've played every single game of the series. But your reaction, is precisely what Ubisoft wants. Some people would even play a farming simulator, if the AC name was on the cover.

And what's wrong with farming simulator, a group of us play it every Friday night with a few beer's, better fun than running around in Assassin's Creed doing rinse and repeat stuff on your own.

As for this Assassin's Creed is loosing it's way, I personally think they lost their way even before Desmond died, I don't think they thought the game would do as well as it did.

I loved the modern day at the start, but it just went on to a slippery slop of decline. I my opinion the modern day crap in Origins was cringe worthy. I can only hope they have gave us a skip button in Odyssey that's if I buy it, I'm not a big Fan of the direction they have taken lately, Origins I my opinion was pushing the boat out far enough for me. Plus Read Dead Redemption II is out a couple of weeks later. :)

raddevbor
06-18-2018, 12:11 PM
(...) Some people would even play a farming simulator, if the AC name was on the cover.

It depends on whether we would have a freedom to make choices or it'd be Animus' fixed memories to relive...

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 12:54 PM
It depends on whether we would have a freedom to make choices or it'd be Animus' fixed memories to relive...
Except you can't really make choices in a memory. It is what it is.

ProdiGurl
06-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Well then you've done precisely what Ubi wants you to do, buy every single game they put out bcuz it's AC even tho you've stated how disappointed you've been in its Direction Jus sayin :cool:

Except you can't really make choices in a memory. It is what it is.
True, but as I've been saying, that's exactly what AC has been allowing even back in Ezio's trilogy - not only after Desynching missions stopped (where we all played the missions our own way rather than exactly how the Assassin did them), but in all side missions & other content as well. So we've already been making individual choices. It's full control by Ubi, or a deviation from original Lore. 2 different players cannot play a mission differently than the Assassin actually did it in past history and both be accurate to the Memory.

And what's wrong with farming simulator, a group of us play it every Friday night with a few beer's, better fun than running around in Assassin's Creed doing rinse and repeat stuff on your own.

As for this Assassin's Creed is loosing it's way, I personally think they lost their way even before Desmond died, I don't think they thought the game would do as well as it did.

I loved the modern day at the start, but it just went on to a slippery slop of decline. I my opinion the modern day crap in Origins was cringe worthy. I can only hope they have gave us a skip button in Odyssey that's if I buy it, I'm not a big Fan of the direction they have taken lately, Origins I my opinion was pushing the boat out far enough for me. Plus Read Dead Redemption II is out a couple of weeks later. :)
"rinse & repeat". Your comment supports what I've been saying on this whole RPG/female protag topic relating to AC Lore/strict dogma from Patrice's vision vs. freedom of gameplay ... I believe that after all this time, this many games, if Ubi had to continue the strict early foundation of his AC Lore/modern day/animus concepts, then it would have never lasted as long as it has as a franchise.

Even with all this added freedom to play these 'memories' your individual way, removing the dreaded notification message/desynching for "failed" missions when they weren't completed exactly as the Assassin did them, you have a 'rinse & repeat' feeling. Imagine it without that all these releases..
the series would have died out years ago for lack of interest/repetition/restriction.
It's the freedom of choice that's brought AC this far along - hate Ubi's direction or not.
& isn't this the basic foundation of Assassin vs Templar in a sense? One wants control & domination, the assassin is fighting for freedom & liberty? In a way, this is the actual struggle of AC as a game -
hardcore fans demand strict, rigid conformity to AC dogma that Patrice founded ("the father" of AC)... "casual" fans (even fans that played earliest games like myself) are fine with bending & relaxing the rigid control in exchange for more variety & exciting gameplay. (digressed there)...

Anyway, imo, this is exactly why Ubi's been looser with the early Lore/modern day side of it. The more restrictive, the more dull and repetitive it has to become by it's very design - unless Ubi changes something in the "rules" that would allow these new elements. That design was perfect for a brand new series, but it isn't a good design for longevity imo.

I LOVE RDR too & cannot wait to play that, but this is only the 2nd game for it - I have no doubt it would suffer the same 'rinse & repeat' issues if there had been more releases since game 1. I think alot depends on the game conception/subject as to how much you can do with it for a longer life & happiest fanbase.
AC vs GTA might be a good example. GTA has endless possibility & is less constricted in structure...

cawatrooper9
06-18-2018, 02:46 PM
I'm curious who is doing the choosing. Is it Layla in the Animus? Or is it Kassandra/Alexios as we play as them in the historical segments.

If you look at it from a sort of meta perspective, Layla could merely be via the Animus witnessing the Assassin make their choice in history. As the player, we play as both Layla and (by proxy) the historical Assassin. But if these choices just assume we're cutting out the middle man for the time being (Layla) then it's not too big of a logical leap to assume that they could be reasonably easy to justify.

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 04:12 PM
It's baffling, the lengths to which people are wiling to go, in order to justify and rationalise the absolutely nonsensical.

Wombles-_-
06-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Well then you've done precisely what Ubi wants you to do, buy every single game they put out bcuz it's AC even tho you've stated how disappointed you've been in its Direction Jus sayin :cool:

True, but as I've been saying, that's exactly what AC has been allowing even back in Ezio's trilogy - not only after Desynching missions stopped (where we all played the missions our own way rather than exactly how the Assassin did them), but in all side missions & other content as well. So we've already been making individual choices. It's full control by Ubi, or a deviation from original Lore. 2 different players cannot play a mission differently than the Assassin actually did it in past history and both be accurate to the Memory.

"rinse & repeat". Your comment supports what I've been saying on this whole RPG/female protag topic relating to AC Lore/strict dogma from Patrice's vision vs. freedom of gameplay ... I believe that after all this time, this many games, if Ubi had to continue the strict early foundation of his AC Lore/modern day/animus concepts, then it would have never lasted as long as it has as a franchise.

Even with all this added freedom to play these 'memories' your individual way, removing the dreaded notification message/desynching for "failed" missions when they weren't completed exactly as the Assassin did them, you have a 'rinse & repeat' feeling. Imagine it without that all these releases..
the series would have died out years ago for lack of interest/repetition/restriction.
It's the freedom of choice that's brought AC this far along - hate Ubi's direction or not.
& isn't this the basic foundation of Assassin vs Templar in a sense? One wants control & domination, the assassin is fighting for freedom & liberty? In a way, this is the actual struggle of AC as a game -
hardcore fans demand strict, rigid conformity to AC dogma that Patrice founded ("the father" of AC)... "casual" fans (even fans that played earliest games like myself) are fine with bending & relaxing the rigid control in exchange for more variety & exciting gameplay. (digressed there)...

Anyway, imo, this is exactly why Ubi's been looser with the early Lore/modern day side of it. The more restrictive, the more dull and repetitive it has to become by it's very design - unless Ubi changes something in the "rules" that would allow these new elements. That design was perfect for a brand new series, but it isn't a good design for longevity imo.

I LOVE RDR too & cannot wait to play that, but this is only the 2nd game for it - I have no doubt it would suffer the same 'rinse & repeat' issues if there had been more releases since game 1. I think alot depends on the game conception/subject as to how much you can do with it for a longer life & happiest fanbase.
AC vs GTA might be a good example. GTA has endless possibility & is less constricted in structure...

I wasn't in any form of disagreement with your views Prodigurl, and I can see both sides of the argument, I liked the modern day but sadly they never put the effort into it. I agree with your view on the longevity of the game, had they held true I think they would have had to bring it to a conclusion sooner rather than later.

Is Odyssey a step to far I don't know, I suppose time will answer that question for many of us, if we buy it. The more video's I see the more I'm taking a dislike to it, no shield for one, hidden blade I could probably turn ablind eye too with the spear head.

I'm also glad they put the option to play as either male or female as opposed to forcing us to play female, I wouldn't want to play as a female Spartan warrior just doesn't sit right with me.

ProdiGurl
06-18-2018, 05:23 PM
I wasn't in any form of disagreement with your views Prodigurl, and I can see both sides of the argument, I liked the modern day but sadly they never put the effort into it. I agree with your view on the longevity of the game, had they held true I think they would have had to bring it to a conclusion sooner rather than later.

Is Odyssey a step to far I don't know, I suppose time will answer that question for many of us, if we buy it. The more video's I see the more I'm taking a dislike to it, no shield for one, hidden blade I could probably turn ablind eye too with the spear head.

I'm also glad they put the option to play as either male or female as opposed to forcing us to play female, I wouldn't want to play as a female Spartan warrior just doesn't sit right with me.
You get it. :D . Ya we aren't anti women in roles... just don't throw one in becuz you have to - namely when a game doesn't seem to fit that.
The only reason I plan to play her at all a 2nd time around is I want to see how the story plays out making different RPG choices and may as well play her to check out the female lead. =)

I hope I didn't come off all negative - I tend to do that when I discuss things in any depth - kind of get analytical .

I like the spear head concept w/ it being a relic - it sounds like they're going to tie it in w/ other history/lore w/ a story to it being significant & that would make it more interesting imo.
It's possible that the hidden blade didn't exist at that time Period before Origins & they're laying down some AC history (or precedent) w/ out the blade? I honestly didn't use it that much in Origins - I played with poison & my other weapons I got from Phylakes kills. I agree shields are important to this game - I don't know if they can add it this late

raddevbor
06-18-2018, 07:16 PM
And what if we're not reliving past memories?

We are Desmond/somebody/nobody/Layla who use a simulator (Animus) to replay them.

Generic memories from (our) ancestors' DNA give us some infos/clues about the way those past events happened. And we're trying to replay them as close to the way they happened as it's possible.
But not always we're able to do this.
Which changes nothing, because what happened, happened and we only replayed it in more or less accurate way.

Now, if we got two samples of "old and imprecise DNA" and the Animus "capable of Extrapolated Memories, where the machine best guesses scenarios from available data", we have freedom/may make choices while replaying those insufficiently preserved memories.

And again - this changes nothing.

Btw - I miss those 'optional objectives'. Full synchronization was always a nice reward for perfectly replaying ancestors memories as they occurred in the past.

Frag_Maniac
06-18-2018, 09:08 PM
you know animus is a simulation machine, what we do in the game is a simulation said in ACO. we call it reliving but it technically not.
Not entirely true, in fact you omit the most important part. The animus is not just a simulation machine, it's sole purpose is to extract actual memories of the lives of your ancestors through tracing their DNA. There would be zero purpose to using it if it were not for tracing exact history for the knowledge of where powerful artifacts are, and figures of power in history whom seek to control them and the human race.

I think where the confusion for most fans comes in is that they have also presented the animus as a means of entertainment, and alluded to glitches in it with Unity and Syndicate where it jumped forward to other moments in history. Let's get one thing clear though, the whole Abstergo being an entertainment company thing is just a front for what they are really doing, and the jumping forward to a different point in history was not time travel, just a glitch in the animus.

There's not been even an attempt to explain how anyone using the animus, a history tracking machine, would be able to make choices completely different from those of the ancestors. So no, they've not even BEGUN to explain it. All they've done is try in vain to explain the two gender choices, and even failed at that since they are still two separate figures in history that somehow can share the exact same history. Face it, Ubi have turned this into a Remember Me game, without admitting it. We are now not just accessing memories, we're changing past memories, and in the process changing history.

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 09:26 PM
And what if we're not reliving past memories?

We are Desmond/somebody/nobody/Layla who use a simulator (Animus) to replay them.

Generic memories from (our) ancestors' DNA give us some infos/clues about the way those past events happened. And we're trying to replay them as close to the way they happened as it's possible.
But not always we're able to do this.
Which changes nothing, because what happened, happened and we only replayed it in more or less accurate way.

Now, if we got two samples of "old and imprecise DNA" and the Animus "capable of Extrapolated Memories, where the machine best guesses scenarios from available data", we have freedom/may make choices while replaying those insufficiently preserved memories.

And again - this changes nothing.

Btw - I miss those 'optional objectives'. Full synchronization was always a nice reward for perfectly replaying ancestors memories as they occurred in the past.
Oh, for the love of...

Use whatever term you desire, be it replaying, reliving, watching, it doesn't change anything. You're watching a movie through the eyes of your ancestor. Choice is not a factor or a variable on the equation. It's not an approximation or estimation, it's not giving us a close glimpse of what might've happened. It is what happened.

Transcription from AC1:

Desmond: Whoa. Where am I?
Vidic: You're inside the Animus.
Desmond: Which is...
Vidic: It's a projector that renders genetic memories in three dimensions.
Desmond: Genetic memory (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_memory)?
Vidic: Seems you'll need a bit of a tutorial. Very well, we'll start simple. What is a memory, Mr. Miles?
Desmond: It's the... recollection of a past event.
Vidic: Specific to the individual remembering the event.
Desmond: Yeah, sure.

Vidic: What if I told you that the human body not only housed an individual's memory, but the memories of his ancestors as well? Genetic memory, if you will. Migration, hibernation, reproduction. How do animals know when and where to go? What to do?
Desmond: That's just animal instinct.
Vidic: Now you're arguing semantics, Mr. Miles. Whatever you call it, the fact remains. These creatures hold knowledge, absent the requisite first-hand experience. I've spent the past thirty years trying to understand why. I've discovered something most fascinating. Our DNA functions as an archive. It contains not only genetic instructions passed down from previous generations, but memories as well. The memories of our ancestors.
Desmond: And the Animus lets you decode and read these DNA files.

(...)

Desmond: All right, let me ask you something else then.
Vidic: Yes?
Desmond: Some of the stuff I'm seeing in the Animus... sometimes it seems... wrong. Untrue, like the history's off somehow. It doesn't...

Vidic: It doesn't what, Mr. Miles? Match up with what you read on an online encyclopedia? What your high-school history teacher taught you? Let me ask you something: do these supposed experts have access to secret knowledge, kept hidden from the rest of us?
Desmond: There are books, letters, documents... all sorts of source material from back then. Some of it seems to contradict what the Animus is showing me.
Vidic: Anyone can write a book, and they can put whatever they want on its pages. Anything. Used to be that we thought the world was flat.
Desmond: Some people still do.
Vidic: Yes, and they publish books about it. Or that the moon landing was a hoax. I believe there's also a book (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible) that claims the Earth (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Earth) was created in seven days. A best-seller, too!
Desmond: Where's this going, Doc?
Vidic: The point, I suppose, is that you shouldn't trust everything you hear. Everything you read. What's that your ancestor said? "Nothing is true?"
Desmond: "Everything is permitted."
Vidic: Yes, exactly. It's part of what makes the Animus so spectacular. There's no room for misinterpretation.

MnemonicSyntax
06-18-2018, 09:53 PM
It's baffling, the lengths to which people are wiling to go, in order to justify and rationalise the absolutely nonsensical.

Kinda like memories being tucked away in DNA.

joelsantos24
06-18-2018, 10:20 PM
Yeah... On one hand, you have the concept of genetic memories, on the other, you have time traveling and effectively influencing the past.

Well, it's pretty stupid to even discuss this topic, but if I have to get technical in order to answer your presumptuousness, we don't really know about the first one, although, according to our current level of knowledge, it's improvable. As for the second, the laws of Physics prevent it.

I suppose that takes care of what concept is more blatantly nonsensical. :rolleyes:

ProdiGurl
06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Exactly - and much more. :D :D

MnemonicSyntax
06-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Yeah... On one hand, you have the concept of genetic memories, on the other, you have time traveling and effectively influencing the past.

Well, it's pretty stupid to even discuss this topic, but if I have to get technical in order to answer your presumptuousness, we don't really know about the first one, although, according to our current level of knowledge, it's improvable. As for the second, the laws of Physics prevent it.

I suppose that takes care of what concept is more blatantly nonsensical. :rolleyes:

I'm not being presumptuous. Origins had Precursor sites talking about the ability to see into time.

I wonder if the AMA will reveal anything pertinent.

quanzaizai
06-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Nothing is true , everything is permitted
Everything is true, nothing is permitted ;););)
let's make a vote, which side are you on :cool:

raddevbor
06-18-2018, 11:48 PM
(...) Choice is not a factor or a variable on the equation. It's not an approximation or estimation, it's not giving us a close glimpse of what might've happened. It is what happened.(...)

So, if DNA is 'old and imprecise' then memories could be corrupted, partialy preserved, not complete.
Isn't it possible to reprogram the Animus to be capable of filling the gaps in such memories with plausible events?
What do you think?

joelsantos24
06-19-2018, 08:54 AM
So, if DNA is 'old and imprecise' then memories could be corrupted, partialy preserved, not complete.
Isn't it possible to reprogram the Animus to be capable of filling the gaps in such memories with plausible events?
What do you think?
No. If the DNA is damaged, then the memories are inaccessible. It's not like building a graphic on Excel and just linking two points. We're talking about events, history, and you can't just extrapolate history. You can't create history. The Animus reads DNA, so it can't read what isn't there. End of story.

You can twist everything and turn the world upside-down, in order to rationalise what you're trying to create, it doesn't make it any less illogical or unreasonable. As gamers, we're more than ready and wiling to suppress our own disbelief for the sake of the experience. However, it's one thing to be real, another is to be realistic and yet another is to be completely fictional. The AC series was built around a fictional concept, but it was always rooted in reality and (real) history.

In the beginning, the series was a simple third-person, action game. Now, deciding to change it entirely into a complete and absolute RPG, whilst defiling the rules they created and implemented, themselves, in order to explain that change of path, is a mistake. Saying that "the DNA is old and imprecise" is a half-baked, insulting explanation. We all know that. Some of us are just very much wiling to accept everything and anything that's being included in the game, regardless of how nonsensical it might be, simply because it says AC on the cover.

Simple action games no longer fit Ubisoft's business model. Their only concern, is making services, not games. RPG's are the ultimate form of service, because they force the players to dedicate themselves to the games for longer periods of time. I don't subscribe to these ideas. They can do whatever they desire with their series', but they're not doing so at my expense.

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 11:44 AM

I didn't need added XP in Origins - the leveling system was imbalanced where I didn't even do alot of the side missions just to keep up w/ the Levels I needed to be at for Phylakes & main story. But I like the concept of adding a specific objective to the way we do a main mission for something extra... if we didn't get so much XP so quickly, that would be a good perk. FarCry 4 did that in the Assassination & hunting missions - you had to kill the targets a certain way.

I hated having to do every mission in full synch. We could do full synch 'manually' by setting our own goals & objectives in a mission w/out the game doing it for us. I just don't like or want to set that for myself. I prefer randomly going with what looks best for the situation I'm in at the time.

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 12:05 PM
>>Simple action games no longer fit Ubisoft's business model. Their only concern, is making services, not games. RPG's are the ultimate form of service, because they force the players to dedicate themselves to the games for longer periods of time. I don't subscribe to these ideas. They can do whatever they desire with their series', but they're not doing so at my expense. <<
What :confused: I think this is a case of the glass is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full. Now there's a nefarious motive for companies using RPG or is it only Ubisoft that's being deviant?
I thought most of us gamers wanted our games to last a longer time and have replay value?! Now that's a negative aspect - and one Ubi is doing purposely to enslave us somehow? Wow.

What they've been doing w/ AC is opening it up to more freedom & choice for the Players which from what I read in gaming comments, is what a majority keep requesting. You obviously prefer the original game's rigid format full of restriction & hand-holding control (which is fine, that's your style/preference), anything veering from that formula is a perversion of the AC brand. So be it.
I will keep saying that the game would have NEVER lasted this long as a series that way. The restrictive control worked only for the first few games when it was a brand new, exciting concept and nothing I believe could last esp. in today's gaming world with what's out there competing with it. It was already becoming an issue by fan complaint in AC Revelations.

quanzaizai
06-19-2018, 12:43 PM
wow this post is going from animus explaination for multiple choices to discuss about the downside and upside of the series lol =))

raddevbor
06-19-2018, 12:51 PM
wow this post is going from animus explaination for multiple choices to discuss about the downside and upside of the series lol =))

Some theories [with counter-arguments]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JxnyKLEBEM [comments 2 & 3]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ff414RIlsA

MnemonicSyntax
06-19-2018, 07:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ff414RIlsA

Wow, thanks for posting this!

HDinHB
06-20-2018, 07:24 AM

If one of the multiple endings is a taco stand, I will preorder.

raddevbor
06-20-2018, 09:33 AM
If one of the multiple endings is a taco stand, I will preorder.

Play as Alexios, choose Thaletas side and romance him...
[Do not forget to find some nice farming location for resources needed] :p

Ghost416
06-20-2018, 11:15 AM
I'm gonna play as Kassandra and romance them both. In a perfect world: epic threesome. In a logical world: nightmare in waiting.

And let's not forget the taco stand.

joelsantos24
06-20-2018, 11:40 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/if-you-say-so.gif

Wombles-_-
06-20-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna play as Kassandra and romance them both. In a perfect world: epic threesome. In a logical world: nightmare in waiting.

And let's not forget the taco stand.

:eek: