PDA

View Full Version : Made this, hope you hate it as much as I do...but for different reasons

crusader_prophet
06-17-2018, 04:25 PM
https://j.gifs.com/kZx1RX.gif

MnemonicSyntax
06-17-2018, 04:35 PM
You added some words to make a caption?

Frag_Maniac
06-18-2018, 04:18 AM
"THIS, IS, SPAAAARTA!!!,...or,... a FORMER SPARTAAAAN!!!.

Wait,...where's my shield damn it? Oh GODS NO!!! Now I'm just,...a DISGRUNTLED SPAAAARTAN!!!"

Walks away, head hung low...

"I may as well travel to the future and do one of those Spartan Races. Ubi told me it was possible. It IS isn't it Ubi,...UBIIIIII!!!!"

Ghost416
06-19-2018, 01:37 AM
Is that Achilles' armor from Troy in the first clip? It would be so awesome to have that and his sword from the movie in Odyssey.

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 02:00 AM
I was looking at the game editions thread & I love some of the outfits they have. Hoping there's some good stuff we can buy in-game at least.
I liked quite a few outfits in Origins

joshoolhorst
06-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Spartan: It's time... To kill the AC lore (jumps at Assassin to kill him)

Ghost416
06-20-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm curious as to just how many people here have already played the game and know all of its intimate details. Because, you know, so many of you are so convinced that it "kills the lore" somehow.

ProdiGurl
06-20-2018, 11:50 AM
I'm curious as to just how many people here have already played the game and know all of its intimate details. Because, you know, so many of you are so convinced that it "kills the lore" somehow.
The fact that Leonidas' spear head is a relic from 1st Civ, it would lead me to believe they aren't slashing Lore out - after seeing what they did w/ what the spear can be used for, I'm liking it more than just the generic blade we basically used one way.
Then people were surmising that they removed all the Stealth becuz Ubi had released Action gameplay ... so if you don't see something, it must not be there anymore.
I'm not suggesting that there won't be imperfections or that we'll like everything, but it's got another 3 mos in production before release & there's so much we don't know. The freaking out is a little over the top

ninja4hire10
06-20-2018, 04:03 PM
The lore isn't dead. It's coming back in a big way, I think, even if it's only a trickle. Origins was meant as a soft reboot, right? Odyssey continues the reboot. Expect Lore along with all the bells and whistles and little nuances of the classic Creed to return.

Sure, Origins and Odyssey are more action oriented vs. the stealthier titles, but that doesn't mean they've "killed the Creed" of whatever's bunching panties in a huge way across the interwebs.

It'll be back. Rest assured.

Ghost416
06-21-2018, 07:04 AM
The thing is, just because the games don't punish you for the direct approach anymore, doesn't mean stealth is gone. I played stealthy in Origins quite a lot (and I suspect I will in Odyssey, too), but if others prefer to rush in guns blazing (metaphorically speaking), more power to them. The option to play the game how you want only increases its longevity.

ProdiGurl
06-21-2018, 11:54 AM
The thing is, just because the games don't punish you for the direct approach anymore, doesn't mean stealth is gone. I played stealthy in Origins quite a lot (and I suspect I will in Odyssey, too), but if others prefer to rush in guns blazing (metaphorically speaking), more power to them. The option to play the game how you want only increases its longevity.
That's why I keep saying that if Ubi stuck with earliest AC's strict adherence to full synch/desynching when you fail to do it the way they designed us to, the series would have been over with by now. Early fans were complaining about it at Revelations release (control and hand-holding - not even appreciating being notified that you failed to do the mission correctly when they eased up on desynch. missions).

Wombles-_-
06-21-2018, 01:21 PM

This is one of the better choices they have made, like you I like to play it stealthy. I also love the combat now, really does make you think where and when you want to get in to open conflict.

ProdiGurl
06-21-2018, 01:47 PM
.. and esp. now when they've added a Wanted system - we might rethink who we kill, even citizens by accident.

W-Munny66
06-22-2018, 09:22 PM
I have no problem with the choice to fight or sneak, I personally like having a choice between the two. Spent most of my time in origins hiding in bushes and sniping people with my bow then cleaning the rest up hidden blade style. I hope at some point though he?she? straps that spear to his wrist so we can get a hidden blade...... Not that the inclusion or removal of the spear and hidden blade will ruin my enjoyment of the game one bit.