PDA

View Full Version : Annoyances in Warriors Trials

MoonBloodRaven
06-17-2018, 12:53 AM
#1 Checkpoints are pretty much useless.
Why even have them if only way for them to work as they're supposed to is to get killed? Why not to make it that when you restart you start from last checkpoint? I already played second part of Warrior trial soo much that i can beat those 2 vanguards with my eyes closed, only using sounds they make before attacking, without getting hit. I'm not even exagerating. Going again and again against those guys is just a waste of time by this point. I fought them soo much that i memorized their petterns like some sort Darksouls boss. They work only if you get killed, but to get killed in there is next to impossible, only to die is to get thrown off the ledge which is not easy to avoid, but happends so rarely it barely matters.

#2 Peacekeeper AI.
AI attacking during "Can't do ****" windows and forcing me to restart in order to complete "finish without being hit" and if not that, PK AI attacks with her zone attack of which first strike is almost impossible to avoid because it comes out soo fast and block doesn't even activate*1, again making you fail side mission "finish trial withoug being hit".

#3Awarding points.
Why are there diffrent ammounts of points gained after doing litteraly same thing against same opponents? You get points after you block and after you hit your opponent, so why when i kill first vanguard in some instances i have more points then after i killed 2 of them on my prieviouse attampt? After killing both i had 540 points, but now i killed 1 of them and have 640 points? That 100 points of diffrence! What gives? I even used same pattern 8 times and every time scores were diffrent. Blocked both, hit one 2 times, repeat. In each case scores were diffrent though actions were the same as if using mirrors.

*1 - not sure if a lot of people know about this but theres like 0.1 second delay after you switch stance*2, (you can see it clearly if you try to switch stances very quickly) which in uncommon (more common then rare) cases let's opponent to hit you and makes you go "WTF I WAS BLOCKING!?". Now that's an intentional thing because otherwise you could just rottate your stances superfast that no blockable attack can get though. I don't have to tell you know bad for the game that would be. There'd be even more turtles.

*2 - stance is basicly from which side you attack or block/parry. Or i thats how friend of mine described it. Couldn't get deffinete answer to what it is during google search so going to run with that explanation. If you have better explanation please comment below and I'll correct this post.

"Can't do ****" windows - tiny window of oportiunity for #2 oppenent after you blocked #1 opponents attack, which occurs right after all guard ends. During this tiny windown no actions can be taken, apart watching opponents #2 blade going through your ribs.

Only 3 annoyances so far, but i'm still in part 2 of Warriors Trials, so probably going to update it if i find any more.

Those who are going to comment "Git gud" etc. don't bother, if you passed it, congrats you got lucky. Yes, lucky and nothing else, if everything you do was skill like you think it is you wouldn't play games for fun and instead get scouted by pro teams for your "skills".

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 01:16 AM
#1 Checkpoints are pretty much useless.
Why even have them if only way for them to work as they're supposed to is to get killed? Why not to make it that when you restart you start from last checkpoint? I already played second part of Warrior trial soo much that i can beat those 2 vanguards with my eyes closed, only using sounds they make before attacking, without getting hit. I'm not even exagerating. Going again and again against those guys is just a waste of time by this point. I fought them soo much that i memorized their petterns like some sort Darksouls boss. They work only if you get killed, but to get killed in there is next to impossible, only to die is to get thrown off the ledge which is not easy to avoid, but happends so rarely it barely matters.

#2 Peacekeeper AI.
AI attacking during "Can't do ****" windows and forcing me to restart in order to complete "finish without being hit" and if not that, PK AI attacks with her zone attack of which first strike is almost impossible to avoid because it comes out soo fast and block doesn't even activate*1, again making you fail side mission "finish trial withoug being hit".

#3Awarding points.
Why are there diffrent ammounts of points gained after doing litteraly same thing against same opponents? You get points after you block and after you hit your opponent, so why when i kill first vanguard in some instances i have more points then after i killed 2 of them on my prieviouse attampt? After killing both i had 540 points, but now i killed 1 of them and have 640 points? That 100 points of diffrence! What gives? I even used same pattern 8 times and every time scores were diffrent. Blocked both, hit one 2 times, repeat. In each case scores were diffrent though actions were the same as if using mirrors.

*1 - not sure if a lot of people know about this but theres like 0.1 second delay after you switch stance*2, (you can see it clearly if you try to switch stances very quickly) which in uncommon (more common then rare) cases let's opponent to hit you and makes you go "WTF I WAS BLOCKING!?". Now that's an intentional thing because otherwise you could just rottate your stances superfast that no blockable attack can get though. I don't have to tell you know bad for the game that would be. There'd be even more turtles.

*2 - stance is basicly from which side you attack or block/parry. Or i thats how friend of mine described it. Couldn't get deffinete answer to what it is during google search so going to run with that explanation. If you have better explanation please comment below and I'll correct this post.

"Can't do ****" windows - tiny window of oportiunity for #2 oppenent after you blocked #1 opponents attack, which occurs right after all guard ends. During this tiny windown no actions can be taken, apart watching opponents #2 blade going through your ribs.

Only 3 annoyances so far, but i'm still in part 2 of Warriors Trials, so probably going to update it if i find any more.

Those who are going to comment "Git gud" etc. don't bother, if you passed it, congrats you got lucky. Yes, lucky and nothing else, if everything you do was skill like you think it is you wouldn't play games for fun and instead get scouted by pro teams for your "skills".

I finished the trials but i can tell you it was more frustrating than anything ever in this game. I had to adapt my playstyle because the awkward scripts were just making it one pain in the ***.

Also because it's meant more for new players it punished me for doing something out of muscle memory that i was not yet "taught".

And after finishing all of the trials and every annoying side objective, it still shows 80%?? My eyes start twitching every time im going to training arena and see that stupid %.

CandleInTheDark
06-17-2018, 03:59 AM
I finished the trials but i can tell you it was more frustrating than anything ever in this game. I had to adapt my playstyle because the awkward scripts were just making it one pain in the ***.

Also because it's meant more for new players it punished me for doing something out of muscle memory that i was not yet "taught".

And after finishing all of the trials and every annoying side objective, it still shows 80%?? My eyes start twitching every time im going to training arena and see that stupid %.

Did you get an A in all trials? That is part of the percentage.

As far as the peacekeeper is concerned, the best I can say is to for the circular saw kill, I beat it on two platforms but yeah that was the most frustrating one outside of maybe the revenge one.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 04:48 AM
Did you get an A in all trials? That is part of the percentage.

As far as the peacekeeper is concerned, the best I can say is to for the circular saw kill, I beat it on two platforms but yeah that was the most frustrating one outside of maybe the revenge one.

I thought i did, damn now i have to go back...

And yeah the peacekeeper one was annoying as hell because when you failed in the saw room, you had to start all over from the beginning. Yeah you can just ledge the two wardens but because you had to go trough the tutorials every time, it started to get frustrating pretty damn fast, i struggled with that mission for WAY too long haha