PDA

View Full Version : Helm toggle

Rusty_Ham
06-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Right. AC Odyssey. It looks really nice, and I am extremely stoked for it. I love the fact that it is set in ancient Greece, and the whole Athens vs Sparta "concept". Just like in AC 2 and Brotherhood (mainly those two imo) the architecture of both buildings and weapons/armor are amazing.
However, there is one thing that has been bugging me quite a bit since I saw the gameplay trailer. Those helmets look quite cool and all, but they are covering up a lot of both hair and face. One of the large new things in Odyssey is that it is taking a huge step towards becoming a full-fledged RPG, and relating to the character you play as is a huge part of that. The helmets (for me at least) takes away a bit of that. I therefore think that the helmets should be toggleable. This could be done in a couple of different ways.
First off, it could be done like in Origins with the hood, giving players a really easy and quick way to toggle on and off.
It could also be done like in Syndicate, with the stealth mechanic. When you entered stealth, you would take off any hat you had on, and pull up your hood. This could be implomented in a way in Odyssey too, perhaps when you enter combat, you put on your helmet.
Another option is to let the player not have the helmet in cutscenes and dialogue, but otherwise be shown wearing it.

In conclusion, I would love to not have to see the helmet (at least in dialogue and/or cutscenes) and which method of going about this is not all that important to me but I really hope it is implemented in one way or another. (This might already be in the game, since all dialogues and cutscenes, as far as I can recall, displays the main character without any headgear. I dont think Ubisoft have said anything about it though.)

Thank you!

distrust74
06-17-2018, 01:49 AM
Going by the gameplay demos I think this is how they handle it:
Hoods and Helmets seem to be the same item class, as in, a hood basicly counts as helmet.
In the inventory menu there is a "toggle headgear" option in the right/bottom corner, which I guess means show/hide.
You can see it at 7m51s here >

https://youtu.be/o31VKU0KDcI?t=7m51s

Rusty_Ham
06-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Guess the post was a bit pointless then, but it is great to see this in the game. Thanks for the "heads up".