PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer buff

WFL_M4sT3R_
06-16-2018, 07:09 PM
When will lawbringer get deserved buff because at this point is useless charachter?

Lord_Cherubi
06-16-2018, 08:14 PM
When will lawbringer get deserved buff because at this point is useless charachter?

I love Lawbro, im currently at rep 5 but honestly i wish they do shugoki before him. I think LB doesn't need much, he has one of the highest win-rates in dominion stats and he can be a decent duelist (patience is the key in here). He just has very limited options in offence and this must be the very reason he hasn't had his rework yet since it will be hard to figure out the balance. He's supposed to be a tanky counterattacker but give him every trick in the book and he'll just be yet another spam-happy aggressor and i personally don't want that.

ChampionRuby50g
06-17-2018, 12:04 AM
I love Lawbro, im currently at rep 5 but honestly i wish they do shugoki before him. I think LB doesn't need much, he has one of the highest win-rates in dominion stats and he can be a decent duelist (patience is the key in here). He just has very limited options in offence and this must be the very reason he hasn't had his rework yet since it will be hard to figure out the balance. He's supposed to be a tanky counterattacker but give him every trick in the book and he'll just be yet another spam-happy aggressor and i personally don't want that.

I’m gonna assume that Shugo and LB will be worked around the same time, and released around the same time. They are both in dire needs of it. His win rates in dominion are only so high because of his feats, which everyone’s feats need changing. Without bombs he drops down that list massively. Block shove will get changed in his rework, I have no doubt of that. They’ll make it weaker while giving him something else in return, or make shove only possible on heavy block, something like that. His impale charge is tricky. On block, he loses 3/4 of stamina and on parry he goes OOS. Not sure how they’ll balance that. He’s also not a good duelist. Only thing that had him at 7th on the winrate was high HP and block shove. In reality he is much weaker, and bottom C tier in duel.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 12:19 AM
I’m gonna assume that Shugo and LB will be worked around the same time, and released around the same time. They are both in dire needs of it. His win rates in dominion are only so high because of his feats, which everyone’s feats need changing. Without bombs he drops down that list massively. Block shove will get changed in his rework, I have no doubt of that. They’ll make it weaker while giving him something else in return, or make shove only possible on heavy block, asomething like that. His impale charge is tricky. On block, he loses 3/4 of stamina and on parry he goes OOS. Not sure how they’ll balance that. He’s also not a good duelist. Only thing that had him at 7th on the winrate was high HP and block shove. In reality he is much weaker, and bottom C tier in duel.

Im not a pro and i haven't played him a lot in duels myself but i think i've done pretty good with him in Dominion and Tribute and for the longest time i didn't even use bombs or the catapult (until i realized that the regen feat is a piece of flaming garbage).

His parry counter attacks are great and for a tanky character he has pretty decent pressure on offence. Im not sure if i've ever walked out of a pure 1v4 as any other character besides him without getting a gank from my teammates.

I don't know, in my opinion he's a decent hero already but i can totally see why people think he is weak.

Arekonator
06-17-2018, 01:04 PM
His parry counter attacks are great and for a tanky character he has pretty decent pressure on offence. .
Not at all. He completely lacks any offensive pressure, even against out of stamina characters.

The_B0G_
06-17-2018, 01:14 PM
LB definitely needs a buff, I have him rep 25, barely use him any more. If someone is good at CGB, have fun killing them with uncombo'd light attacks, even those get parried. I don't over use block shove so I don't mind losing that.

He needs soft feint mix ups, heavy into top light like raider, no stunning properties though, or even heavy into GB.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Not at all. He completely lacks any offensive pressure, even against out of stamina characters.

Well i can only speak for myself but any aggressive opponent i can wreck without too much problems. But yeah when my enemy is playing very passive it's pretty much just a poking game, if i can land a heavy then that's nice but tge second i get greedy i'll find myself biting the dust.

Don't get me wrong, the rework can't come sooner. I was just giving my opinion that i don't think he's one of the weakest heroes in the game. His survivability is what makes him strong, if you have patience and can utilize opportunities to switch to aggressive attacking.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 01:26 PM
I would like to add that while im not high rep with him (currently at 5) so maybe i just don't have a clue what im talking about but because of the matchmaking im always getting matched against players WAY higher rep than me.

Of course the rep indicates nothing more than how long he's been playing for but i can tell when a opponent is generally more experienced than me when i see one, and along with Kensei and Warden LB is my most competitive hero.

Jazz117Volkov
06-17-2018, 01:29 PM
I don't duel much anymore (too much turtling, like, aw mah gawd), but Lawdaddy is pretty good in 4v4.

I like the idea of him getting a few more mix-up options though. He needs more ways to access Longarm that are safe. The only thing I've found is a wallsplat, but you get a heavy off that anyway, so...why bother? I mean, do it to bully someone if you outnumber them, but I feel like he should be able to access that move on his own without it being a less viable alternative to something else. His second attack in any chain could also use hyper armour...his mamma was a Heavy after all, give the boy some poise.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 03:58 PM
I don't duel much anymore (too much turtling, like, aw mah gawd), but Lawdaddy is pretty good in 4v4.

I like the idea of him getting a few more mix-up options though. He needs more ways to access Longarm that are safe. The only thing I've found is a wallsplat, but you get a heavy off that anyway, so...why bother? I mean, do it to bully someone if you outnumber them, but I feel like he should be able to access that move on his own without it being a less viable alternative to something else. His second attack in any chain could also use hyper armour...his mamma was a Heavy after all, give the boy some poise.

Agreed, Longarm is great for teamfights but on 1v1 i never use it unless im 100% he won't see it coming.